Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-13-2023, 06:17 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Oracle: Angeleyes, Demoneyes, and fog light halos

I bought myself all of the Oracle lighting products on Black Friday. I am getting around to installing them and I am wondering if anyone on here has done this yet and has any install comments and/or concerns.

I probably won’t do a big how to thread here but I will post some pics of the in progress and final.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 12:30 AM   #2
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

I am not usually one to use this site to complain. I am disappointed in Oracle. The Demon eyes did not fit, they are for a Gen 6. The website clearly sells them for Gen 5, but there was no configuration where they would fit. What suck is there is no way you could know that until the headlights are opened.

The halos those were better, but the spacers they provided were too small for the screws and half of them cracked on install.

Everything is done. The fog light halos were a nice install. Now I have to wire them in, it is 12:30am and I am done for today. The product is a quality one, just not a lot of attention to detail from the company. You have to pull the bumper, which I was doing anyway (different post). Opening the headlight is not something I wanted to do, but that wasn’t too bad. Won’t do it again though. I’m sending the demon eyes back, 0 chance I am opening the headlights again.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 01-15-2023, 08:34 PM   #3
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
That sucks that you weren't able to get the Demon Eyes. I have Diode Dynamics color changing halos and demon eyes. The halos just replaced the factory bulb, but I had to modify the bracket for their Demon Eyes and drill new holes in the housing. I later discovered that I didn't angle the Demon Eye projectors up enough so you could see them peaking down in the head light. It drove me crazy so the second time around the lights were much easier to pull apart, but way messier than the first time.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:55 PM   #4
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
That sucks that you weren't able to get the Demon Eyes. I have Diode Dynamics color changing halos and demon eyes. The halos just replaced the factory bulb, but I had to modify the bracket for their Demon Eyes and drill new holes in the housing. I later discovered that I didn't angle the Demon Eye projectors up enough so you could see them peaking down in the head light. It drove me crazy so the second time around the lights were much easier to pull apart, but way messier than the first time.
I have heard Diode Dynamics is good product. I may feel like doing the whole thing again down the road, I want to how I like the halos. I thought about using zip ties to hold the demon eyes in, but the light housing didn’t sit right. I didn’t think about drilling new holes, good idea.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:39 AM   #5
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I took a bunch of pictures during the install, and I have been meaning to do a full write up. But just to give you an idea of what I did (so you can see how it compares to the Oracle version).

Here is a picture showing the original bracket for the Demon Eye.

Name:  2021-04-11 19.40.38.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  496.6 KB

This picture is after I drilled the holes...I just picked a spot where there was enough "meat" on the bracket since nothing was going to line up. Since the bracket was too long, I marked where I would have to trim it.

Name:  2021-04-12 20.28.22.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  508.4 KB

Using the bracket as a guide, I then drilled through the housing. I did one hole and mounted it with the screw so the bracket wouldn't move on me while drill the second hole.

Name:  2021-04-12 21.09.29.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  569.9 KB
Name:  2021-04-12 21.09.46.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  579.3 KB

This is the part I messed up on, when I put the housing back together, it looked like this (not good)

Name:  2021-04-12 21.14.18.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  541.5 KB

If I would have noticed that BEFORE resealing the headlights, I could have taken the extra two seconds to angle the projector up to hide the heat sinks.

Name:  2022-05-15 15.14.34.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  582.0 KB
Name:  2022-05-15 15.15.41.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  552.2 KB

So when the housing is put back together, it should look like this:

Name:  2022-05-15 15.16.02.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  503.8 KB

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:08 PM   #6
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I took a bunch of pictures during the install, and I have been meaning to do a full write up. But just to give you an idea of what I did (so you can see how it compares to the Oracle version).

Here is a picture showing the original bracket for the Demon Eye.

Attachment 1118459

This picture is after I drilled the holes...I just picked a spot where there was enough "meat" on the bracket since nothing was going to line up. Since the bracket was too long, I marked where I would have to trim it.

Attachment 1118460

Using the bracket as a guide, I then drilled through the housing. I did one hole and mounted it with the screw so the bracket wouldn't move on me while drill the second hole.

Attachment 1118461
Attachment 1118462

This is the part I messed up on, when I put the housing back together, it looked like this (not good)

Attachment 1118464

If I would have noticed that BEFORE resealing the headlights, I could have taken the extra two seconds to angle the projector up to hide the heat sinks.

Attachment 1118465
Attachment 1118466

So when the housing is put back together, it should look like this:

Attachment 1118467
Nice. My problem was I tried to squeeze too much into one weekend (headlights not the only project). By the time I was installing and reassembling it was almost midnight. The day and a few beers limited my imagination. I am either going to return them or sell them.