Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-22-2023, 07:35 PM   #1
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
OEM BRAKE PADS

On one GM parts site they’re wanting $900 for the front pair! Others want between 6-$700 and change. Rock Auto has the best price I’ve seen so far on every site out there that actually has them in stock .
There’s not a lot of 5th Gen Z/28 parts left on the shelves anymore since GM opened up the market to everyone . In the very beginning I seem to remember it was exclusively owners only who could purchase suspension parts and maybe some other parts like the infamous Wickerbill . Someone correct me if I’m wrong because I’m kinda up in age , if you know what I mean by that .I saw this coming back then when 5th Gen owners were starting to ask around for Z/28 specific parts and I don’t blame them one bit . GM just started clearing the part bins to make way for newer model parts . I like some others on here drive mine every chance I get when the weather permits so I’ve got some miles on mine and know in the future I’ll be needing these parts that are no longer available.I first bought it thinking it would be a good investment later on but I canned that thought after feeling the joy and excitement of the drive .
Hopefully there’s a dealer out there somewhere that ordered a Sh!T ton of parts for our vehicle but I doubt it and wouldn’t know how to go about narrowing it down to find that golden goose !
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:16 PM   #2
Gouki

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Thanks for the tip on the RockAuto front brake pads, very helpful. I've experienced this part shortage for other cars in the past and a helpful forum always comes up for trumps or the OEM can sometimes run another batch. We will always have pads for the car since Pagid make the RSC2 if required and they're readily available just $900.
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 11:04 PM   #3
Gouki

Another thing comes to mind, worst case scenario if you can't obtain brake pads, as long as you have the backing plate pagid can make a small run of pads based on the backing plate template if required.
Old 02-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #4
Gbland60

My pads came in. I plan on doing a proper bedding this time. This squealing is getting annoying. Priced out complete set of iron but I’ll keep the CCR. Although my current pads still have life I know I’ve got a glaze on them from street driving
DONT want to put any sandpaper on the old ones either to knock off the glaze. Maybe someone has a better idea out there on that
Old 02-28-2023, 07:20 PM   #5
Gouki

Hello Gbland60, my pads arrived yesterday from RockAuto as well. To remove the glaze you could try an ' Italian Tune Up'.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:55 AM   #6
Gbland60

LOL Yea when the wife isn’t with me. Congrats. Fed Ex had me worried on mine. Another story. I’ve done so many but I guess not enough .Always seem to be another vehicle hampering me . It last for a little while of street driving but not long and it’s back again . I might just do it one last time to see if I can get that layer embedded on the rotors
Old 03-01-2023, 07:30 AM   #7
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
My pads came in. I plan on doing a proper bedding this time. This squealing is getting annoying. Priced out complete set of iron but I’ll keep the CCR. Although my current pads still have life I know I’ve got a glaze on them from street driving
DONT want to put any sandpaper on the old ones either to knock off the glaze. Maybe someone has a better idea out there on that
I have a small mill and have “deglazed” and straightened worn pads with an end mill bit, quite a few times. Mostly on my HD but, works fine on any type pad.