Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
MSM6928

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
2010 SS slow shifts when not WOT all gears

My son and I did an engine build up together. Heads, stage 1 TPS cam, exhaust and tune. PCM of NC did the tune for engine and trans. First time out it after build and tune, it shifted firm and quick in all gears even under light throttle. Then all of the sudden next time out, it was slow to shift between all gears and hits kinda hard when it does engage. Shifting points seem normal but just like 3 seconds in between gears. Under WOT, it shifts fast and firm. It’s just mid range throttle it acts weird. I loaded the stock trans tune and seemed to be worse so reloaded the PCM teams tune and still doing it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Michael
MSM6928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:43 PM   #2
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
try posting in the tuning section but it doesn't sound like a tune issue anymore. I take it u checked the trans oil? slow acting solenoid/sticky valve?
drive the car and monitor the shift with ur tuning software, at least u can determine if the ecu has an output to shift and the action is delayed or if its shifting when the ecu calls for a shift.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:58 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Take it back to the shop who originally tuned it and see what they have to say.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:02 PM   #4
MSM6928

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
try posting in the tuning section but it doesn't sound like a tune issue anymore. I take it u checked the trans oil? slow acting solenoid/sticky valve?
drive the car and monitor the shift with ur tuning software, at least u can determine if the ecu has an output to shift and the action is delayed or if its shifting when the ecu calls for a shift.

Thanks. I did check and the oil level is fine. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:03 PM   #5
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Just a guess but its probably a problem with the pressure regulator. Low line pressure will cause delayed slow shifts BUT you should be seeing a code for it pop up. I doubt its the tune. Maybe the throttle position is being reported wrong? MAF info is used to set the pressure in the trans maybe thats reporting wrong? Could be a bunch of things. Probably best to seek pro help with something like this before the trans gets hurt.

Last edited by PaulsSS; 03-05-2023 at 10:14 PM.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 01:58 AM   #6
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I would think that it has something to do with your adaptive pressures in the tranny tune. I would take it back to the tuner and tell him what it is doing and how you would like it to shift and make sure he resets the adaptive presets in the scanner each time he changes the pressures in the tranny tune.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:59 AM   #7
MSM6928

Ok. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:50 PM   #8
theflea42
#938 of 1524

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition Camaro
Sounds like you're getting some pretty good info on your problem!

Let me throw my 2 cents into the mix: Put a manual transmission in there! I guarantee it will fix your shifting issues! That monster engine probably has rediculous amounts of power already, swap transmissions and it'll have ludicrous amounts of power!
theflea42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:15 AM   #9
MSM6928

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflea42 View Post
Sounds like you're getting some pretty good info on your problem!

Let me throw my 2 cents into the mix: Put a manual transmission in there! I guarantee it will fix your shifting issues! That monster engine probably has rediculous amounts of power already, swap transmissions and it'll have ludicrous amounts of power!
That’s a good idea. 😁