Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2023, 09:01 PM   #1
Bob Nunya

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
ALL gauges stopped working

2011 SS convertible 45k miles. Took her on a vacation and put around 2,000 miles on her. No problems. Was running her hard and having a lot of fun. Didn't wash her when we got home because the next day was going to a very dusty horse ranch. After the ranch I stopped to run an errand. Started the car, she started and ran fine but all gauges stopped working.(speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, oil pressure and the cluster under the radio). Radio went blank, no ac controls, no turn signals. Started giving me errors about airbags, traction control, tire pressure monitoring system, and security system. Got her home, disconnected the battery, and proceeded to inspect every single fuse in all 3 fuse boxes, not a single one blown. Left the battery disconnected for about 2 hours, reconnected it and now everything is fine, no error messages, all gauges work.

My only theory is she was pissed off because she's never been that dirty. Did a whole wash/wax/detail and no issues for a week now. Anybody have any idea what it could have been? Or was she indeed just being a brat because I didn't wash/detail immediately after returning from vaca?

Last edited by Bob Nunya; 07-18-2023 at 07:26 AM.
Bob Nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:03 PM   #2
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
how old is your battery? check for corrosion on your battery leads
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:13 PM   #3
Bob Nunya

No sticker on battery to tell me the age. Bought the car used. Its a diehard which i dont think came stock but idk. The leads are very clean. Do you think a battery test would be the next move? Or maybe just get a new one to be safe. Also thank you for the reply
Old 07-17-2023, 09:24 PM   #4
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
sounds like it is leaving earth. it could leave you on the road somewhere. diehard not stoc k i would go to the dealer and get a new one my dealer was reasonably priced my last gm / ac-delco battery was eight years old and i bought one before it went south. i think i paid around 200 bucks maybe less. but you know prices today.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 07:17 AM   #5
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Battery has a STAMP in it to tell you the age. and why would you troll just to say your car "broke itself" because it was dirty....Youre the same guy from a few weeks ago!!! DRIVES: NUNYA I remember you Troll...
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 08:46 AM   #6
Bob Nunya

This is my first post sir, am only interested to see if anyone else had this issue. Jay Leno even says "a clean car drives better"
Old 07-18-2023, 08:51 AM   #7
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nunya View Post
Jay Leno even says "a clean car drives better"
While trying to sale car cleaning products.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gauges