Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-22-2023, 03:13 PM   #1
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
Turn by turn without onstar?

Just wondering if anyone found a way to enable turn by turn without onstar. I miss having the directions on the HUD. 😞
Old 07-22-2023, 07:37 PM   #2
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I believe you can get turn/turn on the HUD with the MyLink with nav from a 12-15 Camaro. However I don't know about the programing. Typically they'll require resetting the security via a tech2 clone (which is nice to have regardless - I've reset factory units in my Corvette easily a few times). But I'm not sure about a harness or other items needed past the radio.

You can check out gen5diy.

Someone else may have more detailed info. You show having a 2011 LS, so you've added HUD? I did that to my 2010 2LT back in 2012. Pretty massive undertaking!
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 08:25 AM   #3
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Gen5*** Has the Kits for the 2010-2012 Camaro's
MYlink Kit with harnesses
Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 09:43 AM   #4
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
Thanks for the tips. I suspected that it work through mylink, but ive already got a nice head unit/dash kit and was hoping not to have to go back to something like that. It feels like there should be a way using android auto. After all, that's how my wife's honda does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
You show having a 2011 LS, so you've added HUD? I did that to my 2010 2LT back in 2012. Pretty massive undertaking!
Yep!!! Especially proud to have the color hud! It wasnt difficult, there were just a LOT of steps. Over the years I've added all the factory options I should have just bought outright..... except the v8. Maybe someday. Lol.