Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2023, 11:59 AM   #1
Combatvet101

Drives: 2011 2LT Camaro
2011 2LT Interior Condensation Issue

For the last couple of years my wife's Camaro has been having interior condensation issues during the autumn and winter months. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. Today it was really bad, beading and water running down the interior of the windshield.

Has anybody had this issue and figured out how to correct it? All the door seals look good, as well as the sunroof seal.

I am at a loss here as to what to do.
Old 12-12-2023, 12:10 PM   #2
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
water leaking in some place, the exterior of the car goes down below the dew point and the moisture condenses on everything. The winders being the coldest they get it 1st. Could be in the trunk, maybe water laying around the battery or the ac drain blocked or slow. Does it have a sky light? Maybe a small leak around there collecting where you don't notice it. Lift the carpets until you find it. Unless its raining or going to rain crack the windows to at least help dry it out some. Nice days parked open the windows partially to try and get it dried out some.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:47 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I agree with PaulsSS. Check your rear trunk for water around the battery under the trunk cover. I had a leak in my former 2011 from the sunroof drain lines in which it poured into my trunk and left a puddle. But since you said water was beading down the interir of the windshield, I wonder if the weatherstrip around the windshield has rotted on the inside causing this to happen? Have you got any pics of this occurring?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote