Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 08-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Moving to Hillsboro/beaverton

hey guys Im moving to hillsboro very soon. I know that the nearest superwalmart is in olympia...where is the grocery shopping in that area thats affordable. Ive been told that you can buy food from farmers. Any info on the area will be greatly appreciated

what are the rules about licensing, and emissions? do they do emissions testing in beaverton?
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
just talk to the locals. The average Beaverton folk are pretty nice. And don't shop at walmart...they are evil
btw welcome to Oregon. The best state in the Union.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Bee '77 View Post
just talk to the locals. The average Beaverton folk are pretty nice. And don't shop at walmart...they are evil
btw welcome to Oregon. The best state in the Union.
thanks bro
Old 08-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
hey guys Im moving to hillsboro very soon. I know that the nearest superwalmart is in olympia...where is the grocery shopping in that area thats affordable. Ive been told that you can buy food from farmers. Any info on the area will be greatly appreciated

what are the rules about licensing, and emissions? do they do emissions testing in beaverton?
TFord,
Welcome to Oregon and I usually shop at WinCo in Beaverton and the nearest Super Walmart I know of is in Troutdale as if you were going towards Multnohmah falls. It should be the exit right after the outlet mall. ")
Old 08-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvnt88 View Post
TFord,
Welcome to Oregon and I usually shop at WinCo in Beaverton and the nearest Super Walmart I know of is in Troutdale as if you were going towards Multnohmah falls. It should be the exit right after the outlet mall. ")
I appreciate the info, I seriously had no clue on where we'd to our grocery shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Bee '77
And don't shop at walmart...they are evil
Im not a big Walmart fan either, but theres no commisary in OR, because there isn't a military base there. I hate admitting it but walmart usually has the best prices on food.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #6
twigg107

Drives: 05 Subaru STi
I live like 5mins from winco in vancouver and they are always cheaper then any other stores around these areas.
03 Chevy Siverado 2500HD
69 Chevy C-10 (bagged and bodydropped)
twigg107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
troutdale has a nice walmart.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
There's a big WalMart in Vancouver, WA, another smaller one in St Helens, OR, and Woodburn, OR, and a big one in Troutdale, OR.

There's a WinCo in Hillsboro. I watch the weekly big grocery store ads and buy the loss-leaders from them, then go to WinCo for the rest of anything I need.

There are emissions test stations in Hillsboro and Sherwood.

Welcome to our neck of the woods. Holler if you need anything. If you're looking for local Camaro stuff to do or repair shop resources, etc., we can help you with that!

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
There's a big WalMart in Vancouver, WA, another smaller one in St Helens, OR, and Woodburn, OR, and a big one in Troutdale, OR.

There's a WinCo in Hillsboro. I watch the weekly big grocery store ads and buy the loss-leaders from them, then go to WinCo for the rest of anything I need.

There are emissions test stations in Hillsboro and Sherwood.

Welcome to our neck of the woods. Holler if you need anything. If you're looking for local Camaro stuff to do or repair shop resources, etc., we can help you with that!
Ive been to the Walmart in Salem a couple of times, its pretty nice...I dont get the grocery store ads, but WinCo is my friend.

fortunately for me I dont have to do emissions! Ive got disabled vet plates, and I dont have to renew my registration. Im really looking for a shop that can provide a custom tune as well as do the work (planning on getting gears, cam, heads soon) the only place Ive found in 503 motoring, but the look like they're overpriced.

feel free to let me know about any local camaro stuff too!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
My husband does LS1 tuning and performance upgrades. He runs an LS1 in his '68 Camaro. It's built with cam, heads, tuning, etc. He's "steve da wrench" on some of the Camaro sites, but mostly posts on http://www.chirpthird.com

We're hosting a dyno day on Feb 21st for a 3rd Gen Camaro Club if you're interested in spectating. http://www.modernclassicsauto.com

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Ill be there