Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Anyone hitting the gas and finding no acceleration available?

Two times in the last two days I hit the gas and found no response.

Once was with a Quick U turn when I cut it close and had to hit it coming out of the turn and there was nothing there. The guy had to hit the brakes while I went to the shoulder on momentum.

I have 690 miles on the car.

I thought I might have tripped the computer somehow when I pulled a quick U turn. So I ignored that one. but....

today I accelerated hard up to someone and then let off the gas 100% when I put it back down I had nothing for about a second.

Very odd. I might pull the battery cable off the car to reset the computer and see if that helps.

Either way i think I am longing for the cable that used to connect the gas pedal to the throttle body.

Please post up your thoughts if this happened to you.

Thanks

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
This type of thing can happen with any automatic car. The computer doesn't realize to down shift immediately and it lugs until it finally drops a gear and revs up. This happens mostly after decelerating from cruising speed then turning or trying to quickly accelerate again.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Na, can't say I've ever had that problem come up. But, then. I have the 2SS LS3. It always, just waiting to scream...
Please, don't take chances and don't be in a hurry. Its sound like it was close call.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
I would go to the dealer there might be a micro second delay but not what your describing good luck
Old 03-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Were you low on gas at the time? The quick U-turn thing and then a dead throttle respose... if that coincided with being low on gas, could be something up in the tank.

I worked on a car once that did that on freeway on-ramps. Anything less than a 1/4 tank on a long curving on/off ramp, and the engine would stall out right in the middle of the corner. Put a little more gas in it, and it wouldn't do that. Turned out the strainer on the bottom of the fuel pump had come off. Fixed that and the car could now corner all the way down to E. That strainer helped keep fuel near the pickup when the tank was low.

Also the low fuel/fuel pick up issue won't set a code. The car just thinks it's running out of gas, and there is no trouble code for that. Anything like a bad throttle sensor... those parts all set trouble codes.

I've heard that the octane issue with L99's can give a little hesitation. I'd try the L99 fuse pull thing if you have an L99. But that shouldn't cause such a dead stick that you actually had to coast over, that sounds like you lost fuel pressure. A dealer can put a fuel pressure gauge on it and check that if you can get it to happen again.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
Wizzer

Thx for the replies. Yeah it wasn't a scary thing to do until the pedal did not respond. I'm writing it all down and trying to figure out the conditions needed to make this repeatable. Overall the car is fantastic but with the computer making decisions for me I can say some combo of inputs failed. I'm sure if this is a trend item it will get brought to light with the advent of the Internet. I must say both instances happened right after heavy throttle and then a let off. I had nor seen any problems with the pedal when I drive normally. I would agree with some sort to fuel pressure problem but time will tell.

Thx guys

Wizzer
Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Thx for the replies. Yeah it wasn't a scary thing to do until the pedal did not respond. I'm writing it all down and trying to figure out the conditions needed to make this repeatable. Overall the car is fantastic but with the computer making decisions for me I can say some combo of inputs failed. I'm sure if this is a trend item it will get brought to light with the advent of the Internet. I must say both instances happened right after heavy throttle and then a let off. I had nor seen any problems with the pedal when I drive normally. I would agree with some sort to fuel pressure problem but time will tell.

Thx guys

Wizzer
We assume this is not a Toyota your talking about

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Wizzer

Lol no. I'm sure it's my driving that's the problem somehow confusing the tranny. I'll have to glance at the tach next time to see of that's the deal. My mrt v2 exhaust comes Friday so I won't be able to miss it if the engine loses power. When the roar stops and it gets real quiet I will have a clue.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
scifisteve

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Like jcamaro said , it has something to do with all those auto 6 speeds
The car does not understand the quickness of what you want it to do, in some situations.
I noticed it first when the 6 speed auto came out in the Silverado.
Not only did it shift alot around town.It would not go right away or kinda klunk around till it figured out if I was going to keep moving or not.
With 6 Speeds ,it wants to naturally go to the highest gear.When you slow down real quick ,it took it a sec to go.
Let your Service Mgr. Know
scifisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
the delay depends on the number of downshifts it needs to do, if it's just one no problem, if it's two a little more delay, if you need to downshift 4 gears then there is a delay because it has to go one at a time. So when you accelerate hard and say you wind up in 2nd or 3rd gear and a high RPM and then you let off the gas the computer is going to begin upshifting and since you are probably around 50-60 MPH it may go all the way to sixth. And then you decide you want to punch it again it will take a while to shift back down to third. You can make the shifts quicker with a tune but only way around this is to use the tap shifters.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Just the other day i was crossing an intersection and the light turned yellow so i gave it gas and nothing happened and then a second later my car didnt pick up speed but got reved to 5000 rpm...and i have noticed it with my car too...so what do yall recomend i do?
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
Wizzer

Ahhhh interesting. Well I plan to inform the dealer if it does it tomorrow but let's see how many more people have had this issue. I do think the trans might be pokey. I am going to play with the tap shifters tomorrow and see if the trans making slow decisions is the problem.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Just the other day i was crossing an intersection and the light turned yellow so i gave it gas and nothing happened and then a second later my car didnt pick up speed but got reved to 5000 rpm...and i have noticed it with my car too...so what do yall recomend i do?
this sounds like a problem and not the normal delay to downshift, I would have it looked at. Mine has never done that.

Another thing to help with the delay is to not smash the pedal down hard to the floor instantly but do it in a more gradual but deliberate fashion. This way it will downshift 1 or 2 gears at a time and you will have acceleration rather than just a big delay.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #14
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Sounds like a Traction control thing. The computer will stop you if it determines that the car is unbalanced and not ready for the power.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote