Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
jabbar

Drives: 300C
With or with out GFX?

I'm buying a summit white SS and I wanna know what u guys think since I've never seen the gfx in person and looking at all the member pics, the camaro looks just as nice without the gfx.

Quick question: can I buy a new camaro without ground effects and have them installed after from the dealership? Might b a stupid question but thr salesman told me I can't. That if I want gfx the car MUST have it already from factory. Idk wtf
jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You can buy them after, they're a dealer installed option. A lot of dealers know that it's more likely that you'll buy them initially then come in later, so they say they can't put them on later.

I love the GFX package on mine. I am having them painted IOM though. I was worried about speed bumps (VA loves speed bumps so much!) but haven't had an issue yet. My garage has a few pics of the car with black painted GFX (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/camaro...o=view&id=4340).
Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
i think that the gfx make the car look a billion times more aggressive, i would get it if money wasnt an issue, i would not paint it though. i like the way it looks without paint on any color. when it is painted it looks a little cheap. that is just my opinion.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
In my opinion, they look good only if painted.

Everyone likes something different though.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
aeagleaaron

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar View Post
I'm buying a summit white SS and I wanna know what u guys think since I've never seen the gfx in person and looking at all the member pics, the camaro looks just as nice without the gfx.

Quick question: can I buy a new camaro without ground effects and have them installed after from the dealership? Might b a stupid question but thr salesman told me I can't. That if I want gfx the car MUST have it already from factory. Idk wtf

I have the GFX package on my IOM and I definately think it looks a lot better. Not to mention that there are a lot more camaros coming on the roads now and not a lot of them have the GFX package. its nice to have a car that sticks out a bit. You have to paint it too...just because its awesome painted!
aeagleaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Leolee

Drives: camaro
have it on mine and painted to match is the way to go! love it!
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
SSambumbia

Drives: 2ss/rs black/black
I got my gfx from ebay from someone that bought it with the car but never installed it, for about $1k less than msrp. So do your homework before buying and you will save some $$, that you can use for more goddies. I had it painted black to match and also powdercoated the chrome bezels and the muffler rings that come with the kit. What I like about this kit, is that it is not over the top. Other kits are too aggressive for my taste. Add Gary's vented fenders and you got yourself a showcar.
SSambumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
GFX and painted. Once I saw an IOM with painted gfx I knew that was the way to go.
However, had I bought a black or gray car, I would have left them unpainted.

Andy
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
You can save a bunch of money and go aftermarket.

Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
SSWAGGER2010

Drives: Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS
GOT THEM ON MINE AND LOVE THEM...PAINTED IN MY OPINION LOOKS THE BEST...FACTORY GFX DOES NOT LOWER THE CAR,THEY ARE STILL FACTORY HEIGHT...
SSWAGGER2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
GM should have painted them from the factory, they would have sold a lot more GFX optioned Camaro's, I would have definitely had them on mine if they came painted.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
For 2k, unpainted? Without... And the front lip is gawdawful IMHO...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #13
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
I prefer the look w/o the GFX.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
jabbar

Drives: 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARS-SS View Post
You can buy them after, they're a dealer installed option. A lot of dealers know that it's more likely that you'll buy them initially then come in later, so they say they can't put them on later.

I love the GFX package on mine. I am having them painted IOM though. I was worried about speed bumps (VA loves speed bumps so much!) but haven't had an issue yet. My garage has a few pics of the car with black painted GFX (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/camaro...o=view&id=4340).
Yours looks sick even with the black!! It's good you got a view of it with the contrast color before going with the body paint..lovin it either way!! Thanks for letting me know about the install option! These salesman boy o boy SMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSambumbia View Post
I got my gfx from ebay from someone that bought it with the car but never installed it, for about $1k less than msrp. So do your homework before buying and you will save some $$, that you can use for more goddies. I had it painted black to match and also powdercoated the chrome bezels and the muffler rings that come with the kit. What I like about this kit, is that it is not over the top. Other kits are too aggressive for my taste. Add Gary's vented fenders and you got yourself a showcar.
OMG You are the man! My main concern was this DB for a salesman is swearing up and down I have to buy the SS with it installed! I know my options now so we'll be alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWAGGER2010 View Post
GOT THEM ON MINE AND LOVE THEM...PAINTED IN MY OPINION LOOKS THE BEST...FACTORY GFX DOES NOT LOWER THE CAR,THEY ARE STILL FACTORY HEIGHT...
x100 thats my main concern that the factory GFX don't lower the car, I live in Detroit and roads are shitty everywhere and my driveway is pretty steep as well.

The factory GFX set off the car just perfect IMO, the right amount of aggressiveness and curves without leaving the muscle car look it should have
jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote