Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
SVT2888

Drives: 97 Ford Thunderturd
Cars and Coffee v.4.10 *Top Gear Style!*

I almost didn't go to Cars and Coffee this past Saturday morning. I got out or work "early," which means 4:30am, and there were ominous clouds in the horizon. Immediately I started thinking about just going to sleep and skipping Cars and Coffee all together. But, alas, I decided to take a gamble and drive out to Irvine hoping that the clouds would hold out. Plus, what if they did hold out and something really cool showed up and I found out later?! Then I would be kicking my self for being lazy and not going. Anyways, the clouds weren't THAT bad! It only looked like a typical British summer's day.

Anyways, as to the Top Gear reference...

There was a Peel P50 in attendance! The smallest production "car," to use the term loosely, ever made! The car that Jeremy Clarkson drove through the BBC offices! It was definitely the...errrr...biggest...attention getter of the day!

I of course couldn't help but marvel at the cars tiny size and just wonder...If Jeremy Clarkson can fit in one, can I? My friends thought it would be funny just to take a picture of me NEXT to the car. But no sir, I didn't think that'd be funny enough. I pondered out loud whether it'd be possible for me to sit in the car Clarkson style. The owner overheard me and after analyzing my 6'4" light built frame with a funny look on his face said..."Go Ahead and try!" So of course I did! Much to my amazement I could actually sit in it and possibly drive it! Whether I fit...well...that's a relative term. Some girls claim to wear a certain size of pants, but the term "muffin top" wasn't created over NOTHING!

At first it didn't feel to bad to sit in the car, as the door was open. But then the owner closed the door on me with a big grin on his face and asked "How do you like it now?"DOH! That's what I get for boasting about the surprising roominess. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic because other than head room there was little room in there! It was a very weird feeling. I felt like I was doing one of those David Blayne magic tricks. It was great fun though and the crowd certainly enjoyed the spectacle. Big thumps up to the owner for letting me do that little experiment.

Oh yeah and the Porsche 904 GTS in attendance was the real deal Holyfield!

Now on to the usual business, here are my picks of this past weekends top pics:

As always the full gallery is available at CNCpics.com

P.S. Max you lazy bum! Hope you have a good excuse for missing out!

Last edited by SVT2888; 04-12-2010 at 03:02 AM.
SVT2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I swear I'd buy one of those P50s if I could find one lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
that rear end on the 599 =

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
I want that TransAm
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote