Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR 2011 CAMARO ORDER QUOTE?

OK... I am going to begin shopping for a 2011 as soon as the MSRP is announced (soon?). I have a 'word doc' drafted to help get the quotes from multiple dealers via email. (yes, I know most dealers hate to negotiate via email but it's the only way since I'll be floating in the ocean for the next few weeks....one of the salesman I have spoken with is a Camaro5 member so he'll probably see this here first... LOL)

so, here is my question.... should I use the word-doc with info below, or just send emails telling them what I want and asking for a final selling price?
(I just don't want any surprises the day of delivery)
Here is what I've come up with:

PRICE $ / ITEM
__________/2011 CAMARO 2SS (TO INCLUDE DESTINATION)
__________/RS PACKAGE
__________/AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
__________/IOM EXTERIOR
__________/IO INTERIOR (INTERIOR ACCENT TRIM PACKAGE)
__________/INTERIOR TRIM KIT
__________/SUNROOF
__________/20” POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
__________/BODY PAINTED ENGINE COVER (IOM)
__________/WHITE RALLY STRIPES PAINTED & CLEARCOAT (NOT VINYL)
__________/HERITAGE GRILL (PAINT IOM AND INSTALLED)
__________/GROUND EFFECTS (PAINT IOM AND INSTALLED)
__________/PAINT FOG LAMP BEZELS IOM
__________/WINDOW TINT (40% ON BACK, 70% ON SIDES)
__________/MAGNAFLOW RESONATED X-PIPE, MUFFLER DELETE & SQUARE TIPS

__________/TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE

__________-GM MILITARY DISCOUNT
__________-USAA MEMBER DISCOUNT
__________-DEALER REBATES
__________-OTHER DISCOUNTS

__________VEHICLE SELLING PRICE AFTER ALL DISCOUNTS/REBATES

__________/DOCUMENT FEE

__________/SALES TAX

__________/LICENSE/REGISTRATION (MILITARY NON-RESIDENT)

__________/OTHER CHARGES/FEES (EXPLAIN:_________________________________________ ___)

__________/TOTAL COST OUT THE DOOR

*NOTES: DO NOT INSTALL FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
DO NOT APPLY DEALER STICKER / BADGE
DO NOT DRIVE IT OTHER THAN REQUIRED FOR PDI
DO NOT ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO SIT IN IT.
FILL CAR WITH ONLY 93 OCTANE GASOLINE
REMOVE WINDOW STICKER GENTLY / DO NOT FOLD, SAVE.
INCLUDE A 2011 CAMARO BROUCHURE.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
Looks good to me.
JaxJags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Honestly they are going to try to get you in to the dealership in person "for the best deal", they may not send you a detailed price break down for what you are looking for. Good luck tho!
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
Honestly they are going to try to get you in to the dealership in person "for the best deal", they may not send you a detailed price break down for what you are looking for. Good luck tho!
I'm afraid you may be right.... but it sure will be interesting to see who is the most willing to work with me....
Old 04-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
there are some things on there that the dealer is going to do that you should have done after you get the car.you can save yourself some money.
painted stripes
heritage grill
window tint
exaust system
painted fog bezzels
ground effects.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
there are some things on there that the dealer is going to do that you should have done after you get the car.you can save yourself some money.
painted stripes
heritage grill
window tint
exaust system
painted fog bezzels
ground effects.
agree with your point, but I'm willing to see how much extra they will charge for that, and, I really would prefer the convenience of one stop shopping for the work and warranty. if it's out-of-line I do plan to have that work done elsewhere.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
Blackbean

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I traded in my 2SS to my dealer yesterday,and preordered a 2011.As soon as the price list is released, later this month, they will give me an order # and submit to GM.
I ordered a 2SS RS stick,so it will come with the head up display.I am sure there will be a price increase for that alone, as there was for the back-up sensors.
I will have the first order going in from my dealer when it opens up.
Blackbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

Still waiting to hear 2011 pricing...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbean View Post
I traded in my 2SS to my dealer yesterday,and preordered a 2011.As soon as the price list is released, later this month, they will give me an order # and submit to GM.
I ordered a 2SS RS stick,so it will come with the head up display.I am sure there will be a price increase for that alone, as there was for the back-up sensors.
I will have the first order going in from my dealer when it opens up.
I was the first to order a 2011 from the dealer I used also! Ordered this past Saturday. I have ordered a 2SS/RS IOM w CGM stripes. I've negotiated invoice + the difference in price of a 2010 and a 2011. Eric at Classic seems to think it shouldn't be any more then $500 or so, as the Mustang hasn't seen much of an increase in going to the 5.0 motor.

My order will be submitted to GM on May 6th. Should have an order no soon after that.
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #10
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
I am sure that most of the dealers here will be happy to work that out for you via email. We DO NOT hate negotiating via email, most of us are happy to do it. We make our living working hard for our customers, you should be no different.

Have a great 'float' and please say HI to my son for me, he's on Coronado.

Hooyah!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That looks fair to me, although there is not any information on the 2011 Camaro available to dealers yet.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #12
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
I am sure that most of the dealers here will be happy to work that out for you via email. We DO NOT hate negotiating via email, most of us are happy to do it. We make our living working hard for our customers, you should be no different.

Have a great 'float' and please say HI to my son for me, he's on Coronado.

Hooyah!
I appreciate your post. I only tried it once and had no luck. Obviously I was working with the wrong person. I intend to meet another salesperson tonight so introduce myself so once the 2011 info is out we're clear to negotiate via email.

Thanks again for your insight.... that makes me feel better about doing it this way.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
alanmeyer

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS/RS
Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
OK... I am going to begin shopping for a 2011 as soon as the MSRP is announced (soon?). I have a 'word doc' drafted to help get the quotes from multiple dealers via email. (yes, I know most dealers hate to negotiate via email but it's the only way since I'll be floating in the ocean for the next few weeks....one of the salesman I have spoken with is a Camaro5 member so he'll probably see this here first... LOL)

so, here is my question.... should I use the word-doc with info below, or just send emails telling them what I want and asking for a final selling price?
(I just don't want any surprises the day of delivery)
In my opinion, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the dealership filling out your forms. It will be a time barrier, and it might actually prevent you from getting the best price because some dealerships might actually just "pass" on your request.

My suggestion is relatively simple: Contact each dealership and ask them: How much *below* MSRP will you sell me a 2011 Camaro? You can be somewhat specific so that they know what overall price range you're going for. For example: How much *below* MSRP will you sell me a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS?

This will give them a basic configuration and MSRP to start with and the ability to respond quickly to the request. Once you have all the responses, pick your favorite dealer and then go work out the specifics on the order.

... just a suggestion.

Good luck,
-Alan
Old 04-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
As fast as they are rolling off the lot, I wouldn't expect to get much if any offers below MSRP, especially on a custom order. Even the "good" dealers are selling custom orders AT MSRP.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote