Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Thumbs up Detail with Adams/ NXT 2.0

Alright guys,.....it's been raining everyday for the past week, today, it finally stopped! My Camaro was absolutely filthy,....I had to clean it and perform some paint correction; I found some swirls. lol. I went frantic. I couldn't believe it. I was like WTF!!?? But anyway,.....I started to wash the car at 5pm,....I didn't get done until 1am. Yeah,....that's dedication. lol.

The products I used in this session were:

McGuire's NXT Generation Car Wash
McGuire's NXT Tech 2.0 wax
Adam Detail Spray ( or....Miracle in a bottle) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover
Adams Fine Machine Polish
INVISIBLE GLASS with water repellent.
2 Bucket Wash system+grit guard
PORTER CABLE.....ORANGE, WHITE, and BLACK PADS.

I began by hosing the car off.....then foaming the entire car.

I then foamed the wheels and then used Adams boar's hair wheel brush to clean the wheels.

The wheels are now clean.....then I begin to wash the entire car, and then hose it off. Sorry I don't have pictures of the foam on the car, I got kinda messy lol.

Note,...my front bumper has tons of rocks chips,....but as I said from a distance of 5 feet away, they're invisible. Even to the camera.

Getting ready to bring it in the garage for paint correction, polish, and wax....

It's already beginning to reflect......
This is how you know the surface of your vehicle is CLEAN. If you can't see your damn reflection in it, you need paint correction!

Even the glass is totally clean and free from haze.....

You might not be able to see these swirls good,.....but trust me they're there! I see one right now.

The swirls were removed and the entire car was polished and waxed. Including the windows and the windshield. Yes,....I polish and wax my windows and windshield.

I think the results were worth it. And first off let me say this.....it wouldn't have been possible without ADAMS DETAIL SPRAY. That stuff is like GLOSS in a bottle. Miracle glow or something! It's amazing. I applied polish then wax to the car and buffed off then followed with some Adam's detail spray to insure all residue was gone. Remember the more reflection, THE BETTER.

RESULTS:

The windows after being polished.......

More .......

The broom.......

THE END

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.

Last edited by Mr CLuTcH; 06-22-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
Looking good dude! Getting ready to try NXT 2.0 for the first time myself.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
nxt2.0 is great stuff.