Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 06-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
Thumbs up Thanks to all the Camaro Race fans from Matt Bell Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro

I saw my name on the Camaro5.com homepage and decided now was a great time to make my first post on the forum!

I would like to show some thanks on behalf of the entire Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro GS team. We had an up and down weekend, but one constant was the immense support from our loyal fans. We accommodated a few this weekend with tours of our cars and associated equipment and I have to say that each person as charming as our racing machine. I have dealt with other manufacturers' fans in the past and have to say that Camaro (or General Motors fans for that matter) are second to none. I know that the rest of the driving team, as well as the entire support crew for the 2010 Sunoco Camaro GS team are equally thankful for the following we have.

Be sure to watch the drama of our Mid-Ohio CTSCC race on the 26th at 1:00p ET, as always, on SPEED. It was a dramatic race for Jeff Bucknum and I! We had the challenge of keeping a very crippled Camaro competitive from the front of the pack following the team's first ever pole position. Turned out we had a sway bar issue meaning there was a whole lot of sideways action-- should make for some good TV.

-Matt Bell
Driver, #6 Sunoco Camaro GS.R

MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
VERY COOL! I'll definitely watch the race next Saturday. Thanks for posting!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Congrats on the pole and record time Matt! Glad to have you here and good luck to you for the rest of the season.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
MBellRacing
Wheel Jockey For Hire

Drives: Stevenson Motorsport Sunoco Camaro
Send a message via AIM to MBellRacing
Thanks guys, you're just a few more great fans to add to the list! An interesting statistic: We had more facebook fans in the first two weeks than any other Grand-Am team has had, ever. You guys are awesome!
MBellRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Z28Taxman

Drives: Black 99 Z28 Black '10 SS/RS
Just set my DVR to record it!

99 Black Z28
'10 Black 2SS/RS on order 7/3/09, Delivered 9/21
Z28Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Congrats on the pole! Love watching the 6 Camaro run!
Go Matt!
Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
YEAH!!! We were lucky enough to meet Matt (and the other Stevenson drivers) on Saturday - what a great group of guys!!! Sorry that the weekend didn't turn out like it should have, but we had a great time nonetheless!!

My hubby and I organized the Camaro Enthusiasts Group (made up of NEOCC and Camaro 5 members) he was talking about!!! Here's our post... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71869.

Welcome to the site Matt and we'll see you at the track again!!!!!

Repost from thread linked above:

Quote:
Late Friday afternoon …….. #6 Sunoco Camaro Takes Pole and Breaks Track Record!! Hubby Chris and I had just left the Mid-Ohio track when we got word of this and what a feeling we had!!!!! We couldn’t wait to share this news with our Camaro family….. knowing we had a group of Camaro Enthusiasts coming on Saturday to welcome Camaro back to the racetrack and show our support to the Camaro racing teams, maybe we could help cheer one of them on to victory and possibly witness an important milestone in Camaros already impressive hstory. Our excitement grew!!

Well…..unfortunately a sway bar issue kept the Stevenson Motorsports #6 from victory and a valiant effort by #9 was thwarted by a crash. The #57 finished 5th and #97 finished 9th in their class. Strong runs by Mitchum Motorsports and Momentum Motorsports, who also carry the Camaro banner, also ended in disappointment and torn up race cars.

Victory may not have been achieved, but they all showed that Camaro is not only back, but that it means business and that victory is on the horizon!!

THANK YOU to the Camaro5 members that participated in the 1st Annual F-Body Gathering at Mid-Ohio!!! Hope you all had a great time and didn’t get too sunburned . We ended up with 12 Camaros and 1 Firebird – not too bad for a first time event!

THANK YOU to Stevenson Motorsports – what can we say…..WOW!!! What a great group of folks!! The hospitality shown to our group was SO FAR above anything we could have expected! We were made to feel, not like spectators, but like one of the team. Mike Johnson, Team Manager, gave a very informative tour of not only the haulers and garage area, but also gave us all a great education about the cars and their differences (for their respective series). The drivers – Matt Bell, Jeff Bucknum (drivers of the #6) and Al Carter and Hugh Plumb (drivers of the #9) – were a phenomenal bunch of guys and took time from their busy schedules to talk with us, take pics, sign autographs and even joke a round a bit. (Due to their responsibilities, we were not able to meet the drivers of the #57 and #97 Stevenson Camaros. Judging from the rest of the team, we’re sure they’re just as awesome! Hopefully, we’ll be able to meet them next year.). Special thanks to Cathy and Steve Bucknum and the other members of the Stevenson crews for making us feel so welcome, while still continuing the rigorous activities necessary to compete in (2) highly competitive racing series.

We also met Camaro drivers and team members from Mitchum and Momentum Motorsports who were also very friendly and hospitable.

Camaro fans can rest assured that their banner is being carried by a group of VERY dedicated competitors on all three Camaro teams and definitely deserve our support!

Look for details to be posted in early 2011 for the 2nd Annual event. We’ve already got ideas to make this bigger and better!!!!!!!

All we can say is ........ if you weren’t there, you MISSED OUT (but there's always next year) !!!!!!!!!

Name:  midohio1.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  472.0 KB

Name:  midohio2.jpg
Views: 1957
Size:  431.6 KB

Name:  midohio3.jpg
Views: 1938
Size:  426.4 KB

Name:  midohio4.jpg
Views: 1838
Size:  460.8 KB

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered

Last edited by MrsLT1PWRD; 06-21-2010 at 09:30 PM.
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Saw you race last weekend on TV and was damn proud of what you guys have been doing, keep up the great work and congratulations!!!!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Talking I LOVE WATCHING THOSE CAMAROS RACING!!!

WELCOME TO

I have become facebook friends with Jeff Bucknum, your teammate, and I have to say that I am a new fan of Grand Am Racing...

I have been a HUGE NASCAR fan my whole life, thanks to my dad...

Being an owner of the 2010 Camaro, and now getting a chance to see you guys racing out there is thrilling to me!!!...

I have been promoting your races on here in the 'Sports Lounge' section, and also on facebook, and I have to say you are gaining new fans each week!!!...

Congrats on the pole position yesterday, Matt...it is only a matter of time before that BAD A** Sunoco Camaro ends up in victory lane!!!...

Your new #1 fan forever!!!...

p.s. check out my threads and the posts in the Sports Lounge on Camaro5...
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
Love seeing the Camaro in the races!
Congradulations on the Pole.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Congrat on the biug win guys! And the record breaking!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
You have support here! Keep it up!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBellRacing View Post
I saw my name on the Camaro5.com homepage and decided now was a great time to make my first post on the forum!

Be sure to watch the drama of our Mid-Ohio CTSCC race on the 26th at 1:00p ET, as always, on SPEED. It was a dramatic race for Jeff Bucknum and I! We had the challenge of keeping a very crippled Camaro competitive from the front of the pack following the team's first ever pole position. Turned out we had a sway bar issue meaning there was a whole lot of sideways action-- should make for some good TV.

-Matt Bell
Driver, #6 Sunoco Camaro GS.R
Wecome to C5 ~ We will be watching!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Saw you race last weekend on TV and was damn proud of what you guys have been doing, keep up the great work and congratulations!!!!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
This is AWESOME!! I love watching Grand Am racing and I can't tell you how cool it is seeing that #6 car. WOW!!! That is one HOT looking race car. Seriously, it's not even close as to who has the hottest looking car. Thank you so much for taking time to post on our site. I know it means a lot to all of us.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorsport, motorsports, racing, steveson, sunoco