Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
NPSA: Nancy Pure Stock Automatic

Dunno anyone else who has heard this term to describe a 1st gen 6 banger auto, but it's been the genesis of many a funny story of embarrassment at my mother's expense when she actually raced her 68 and 69 6cyl automatic Camaros.

Granted, she was a kid (17-18), but I find it funny that she had the audacity to do such a thing..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Now, that NPSA is going to punish a lot of the competition. I can't wait to see some of the stories from our 6-cylinder members shutting down the competition.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Yeah, I know. When I told her what the new LS was capable of, she thought I was referring to a new Z/28.

I simply lol'd and showed her the 1SS I've written up for a later order, and she keeled over. Needless to say, she thinks the LS may be too much car and almost unworthy of the NPSA moniker, especially when her old one barely put out 200HP. In the end she is going to get the LS, because it's cheaper and she doesn't feel the need for a V8 at her age (only 51 lol). I still scoff at that idea. :(

On the side note, my dad is still waiting for them to release a true Z/28 so that he can get his rebuilt and ordered from the factory, like he did his old '79 (Which sadly was a 350 NPSA as well). Camaros have a true history in this family, and I'm going to carry that on with my 1SS.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Dunno anyone else who has heard this term to describe a 1st gen 6 banger auto, but it's been the genesis of many a funny story of embarrassment at my mother's expense when she actually raced her 68 and 69 6cyl automatic Camaros.

Granted, she was a kid (17-18), but I find it funny that she had the audacity to do such a thing..
why would it be audacious to race a 6cyl?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Well, dunno if audacious is the correct word, because it was more stupid and "WTF" when she was doing it against Chevelles and Chargers. Granted she did plaster a few Stangs during those strip trials so it more than made up for the failure. Too bad it ended when two things happened:

1) her friend wrecked her 3rd (and last) camaro (Same person wrecked the 68 and totaled the 69).

2) She got married to the dude with the Z and settled down driving 4dr cutlasses instead to save money instead of buying a 4th camaro.

Then, 3 years after that, he sold the Z and we've been camaro-less to this day, with only those stories of the NPSA days to keep us entertained until 2010 rolls around.