Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Camaro SS = Custom rims ???

so i am trying to find rims that i like for my 2SS/RS IBM and when i look through rim selections i have found some that i like, but for one reason or another they get shot down...

recently i found these and REALLY like them...

the manufacturer is local so i called them up and they don't make "custom" rims. the application guide the guy had says teh backspacing will not fit the SS...

so i guess my question is in order to get rims for a SS do any rims cross over from other vehicles that we can use?

i know there is a guy that had G37 rims for sale here that he said would fit the camaro... i dont think anyone tried them out though...

so are we going to have to buy custom rims = $$$ or wait until companies start making them specificly for the camaro like the TSW nurburgrings?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Why settle for less? Wheels and stance are the two most critical visual aspects for any vehicle. They are even more important than paint. Get a set built specifically for your Camaro, not something that "kinda fits". Also, nice wheels don't always have to be expensive, check out the Forgestar F14 sale I'm having. Excellent quality, lightweight, proper sizing/offset, and low cost.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92522
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
World of Wheels

Drives: 2SS Spaceship
Anything with proper backspacing, the right offset and a 5x120 bolt pattern will fit. One problem is that some manufactures are not up to date the "X" factor of some of todays modern cars.
here is a link to an unfinished website of mine (not live yet) on how to measure

http://worldofwheels.staging.dev.pan...nfo/wheels.php