Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
What my friend said about my dirty Camaro

I've only had the car for a whopping 4 days now and it had had dirty brown spots all over it because I had told the dealership not to wash it and it had been rained on.
But everyone is telling me how good the car looks

My friend all of a sudden says now we should carpool, haha.

So, I gave him a ride the other day and he goes,

"It looks good even when it looks like crap."

That made my day

My other friend in the back seat also told me he was "overly impressed" even being in the back.
My roommate drooled over the HUD display and my other roommate who owns a Nissan 370Z says it looks good, then says it looks like a batmobile, then says it looks like a tank, lol.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Ugh, I just can't stand spots on my black car... it drives me nuts. Good on you, but I just wont let this one get dirty like the other cars I've owned.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Ugh, I just can't stand spots on my black car... it drives me nuts. Good on you, but I just wont let this one get dirty like the other cars I've owned.
yep, that's why i washedx2/clayed/washed/polishedx2/waxed my car yesterday evening and all night. I was done around 5 am. haha

now the panels look like mirrors. the reason why i told the dealership not to wash the car is because more then likely they will make fine scratches and swirl marks on the paint while washing it.

I told them to do the minimum that they had to do to the car besides not washing it.

When I went to pick it up, it had 3 miles on the odometer, all plastic wraps on the inside, mats and manual still wrapped in the trunk, they hadn't even put gas in it. the salesman sat in the passenger seat and gave me directions to their gas station for the fill-up.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
They do look great even dirty.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS

You have dirt on your camaro? Are you ok ? We have a responsibility as camaro owners to keep our cars clean at all times.

I know you are a new camaro owner so we'll let you off the hook this time.

A camaro should never be dirty more than 12 hrs. If you take it for a ride you clean it, sometimes you pull over and clean it.

Next your going to tell us you eat and drink it the car, or park it in supermarket parking lots!

Just kidding, but before you ruin your paint look up junkmman in the auto detailing part of the site, and get your 2 bucket system.. and No california duster...

I wish some caught me in time... I put some swirls in my paint before I knew the proper way of doing things..

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
yea man I never let my car get dirty the entire area I live in is full of construction so everywhere I go I drive past huge ass machines throwing dirt on my camaro so every night I hose off the dirt and than dry it off
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote