Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
falkclan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6speed M - RJT
and I said I wasn't going to change my 2SS/RS RJT LS3 from stock....

Okay, so far in 3 months I couldn't resist and did a few little things...

only thing for performance so far, was a CAI, which is almost a must it seems..

went with CAI, and don't ahve a good picture yet, just a foggy pic from a phone.

The other shots show the trim changes made.
(i'm surprised how good these came out, as far as the car shining, because I haven't had time to claybar/wax, etc like I read about in here.....this is just with a car protector polish (i'm pretty sure) from Hendricks auto, and I washed and it air dryed, after these pictures I did try some synthetic detail spray to quickly wipe it down, and the wheels so it looks better now)

35% (legal for KS) tint all around.

Magnetic blackout kit for rear between the taillights section.

Regular auto grade vinyl sheet from ebay and using BLACK10's method on here (I used flat black though) applied to gold bowties.

Used Auto Trim Design's black "fades" for the gills.
Outlined the gills with Big Worm Motosports flat black outlines.

Thanks to all for the helpful posts and suggestions on this site, it's how I determined these changes I wanted to make.

At this point, I think i'm DONE with asthetic changes, the next thing at some point, is a whole new 3in exhaust from shorties to high flow cats, to something other than big cans for mufflers, out the back...

falkclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
Looks good man. I need to do those gill vinyls now too.
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
falkclan

updated with clean pics (doesn't really show in photos) and a better CAI picture

Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
very nice! I like the black out strip in the back. Looks great on RJT.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
VERY NICE ! I like the blackout between lights too. Nice job on the gills, looks great.
I was back and forth about RJT and IBM. If I'd have gone RJT, my car would've looked just like that ... only I had'nt really considered how good the blackout looks. Great looking car.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Golden_Ecstacy

Drives: Chevy
Great looking car, I just placed my order for the 2011 SS on Saturday; extremely excited!!! LOL, How much was that cold air intake system and doesn't that void your warranty?
Golden_Ecstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
falkclan

thank you all...
and i like your hood spears calflan
If this car would not have already had the SS stripes, I probably would have went with something like that

The blackout kit being magnetic was easy to install, just needs cleaning behind it now
I have so much Vinyl left from doing the bowties, I might get ambitious and just do the blackout strip with vinyl

Golden - CAI's should not void any warranties, it's about the mildest bolt-on you can do. There are people on hear that have added Long tube headers and more, and still had other things warranty related taken care of...all depends on how picky your GM shop wants to be I guess
oh, and this enclosed unit from CAI is $399 (or was) and after much review on this website, I thought it was the best choice. There's one other company that does an enclosed box also, but for the most part all intakes are around $300-$500

Last edited by falkclan; 07-26-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
NICE!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
falkclan

no pictures yet, but finally got rid of the stock "trash can" mufflers...

After much reading here, and listening to clips to get the best estimate of sound..

FLOWMASTER American Thunder

I've always liked flowmaster, and this full 3in cat-back does not dissappoint!

I wanted the deep rumble/growl of an old muscle car sound, and this definately does it.
I had the ability to use a lift at a great automotive shop I trust, so it was a very easy swap from the stock cat-back to this.

As most have said, we had to add some spacers and drop the tunnel brace to fit the 3in x-pipe Flowmaster piece even though we tightened it and got it as high up in the tunnel as possible.

I'll get some pictures sometime, since I like how far in we were able to tuck the tailpipes, since I had seen some onine pictures that seemed they were sticking out much farther than stock.

No more silver trash cans, now you have to actually bend down just to see the nice black flowmaster 40's....