Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Audison Bit One? Please come in.

I found several reviews on the Bit One from a year ago that said it was suffering from several bugs and wanted to know if anyone on here has installed one yet and if so have you had any issues?

Older units were prone to induce alternator whine, drop the left sound stage at random, and go into a near morse code transmission sequence.

I know there are other processors on the market, but I'm just gathering info right now. I'll check them out too, but I'm the most interested in the Bit One.

Any info from our resident car audio install wizards would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I found several reviews on the Bit One from a year ago that said it was suffering from several bugs and wanted to know if anyone on here has installed one yet and if so have you had any issues?

I have installed numerous Bitones all the way back from the original releases. and I can tell you I have had only 2 issues with any I have ever installed (last count I think at about 25 or so) most issues seem to be install error (basically came down to inexperience in proper install and setup) This is an advanced processor and needs to be installed and set up properly.

Older units were prone to induce alternator whine, drop the left sound stage at random, and go into a near morse code transmission sequence.

Alt. whine was an internal ground issue. has been fixed. Never had oor have seen one drop left side. (would bet money it is install error. short)
the morse code thing was a simple correction in DRC updates)

I know there are other processors on the market, but I'm just gathering info right now. I'll check them out too, but I'm the most interested in the Bit One.

aside from the MS-8 (but have studied it extensively and will be installing one later this month) I have installed most 12v specific processors available... the old alpine h-701 had huge noise issues and to get it really clean took lots of modifications. The RF 360.2 is limited in some of it's tunablity. the Zapco DSP6 is 10 band parametric eq and is still some what difficult to setup and tune, also limited in certain settings. Audio control processors do not have time delay in them and are some what archaic.

one of the big things for the Bitone is it is laptop programmable. the 360.2 is as well, but not as advanced. the MS-8 and Audio control units have to be adjusted through the small display, though the MS-8 does have the Audessy auto tune system. (but have heard it has some issues with functionality)

Any info from our resident car audio install wizards would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!
hope that helps. if you need more info on the b1 please do not hesitate to ask.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
2010SSRSM6

Bryan,

Thanks for the info. The sound stage thing sounded like a short to me, but stranger hints have happened in the electronics world that we live in.

Are you still running he Arc stuff or is your sig out dated?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
2010SSRSM6

The reason I ask is I'm torn between two amps.
1A) Arc audio KS 900.6
1B) Audison LRx 6.9

Is the Audison worth the extra $$$?

It may very well be a moot point if I can't deside on how retarded I want to get with my system.

I'm going back and forth on Hybrid Audio Technology's Clarus components, or sucking it up and going with a 3-way set of Legatia's (7",4" & 1")

I'm not going to compete, just love clean music after years of loud music. Only running a single 10" sub off the sub channels
Old 08-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
I'm running a BitOne.1 and I do have some alternator whine but hardly noticable. I believe that it's a solid unit, but like Bryan said, it really needs to be installed and setup by someone who has experience with it.
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciandrew View Post
I'm running a BitOne.1 and I do have some alternator whine but hardly noticable. I believe that it's a solid unit, but like Bryan said, it really needs to be installed and setup by someone who has experience with it.
Where did you mount your bit one?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I would personally get the 6.9 Audison. I love there equipment. I used to have the 2.9 and now I have a 5.1K
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I would personally get the 6.9 Audison. I love there equipment. I used to have the 2.9 and now I have a 5.1K
The 5.1K is a monster amp. Mind if I ask what you're running with it?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

I would not use the 6.9, if you are going to run the Clarus components (which I think would be good. I would run the 5.1K if you want the LRX line. if you go three way stick with the LRX 5.1K and add in the 2.9K for the Mid Bass drivers.

Yes my Sig is current. I am a Sponsored Competitor for all listed.
If you are looking the the comparison between the KS and the LRX... The KS are some excellent amps and you cannot go wrong with them, the LRX are slightly better. (the 5.1K is a big deal due to it power and size but really only works well as an active only amp)the 900.6 is a sick amp one of my favs. but depending on what you go with would depend on how you would want to set up your amps. you may want a 300.2 and a 300.4 instead. With a Bitone in playyou most likely will never know the differencein sound between the two (well with the exception that the Back end of a 5.1K is digital) you will get more Dynamic impact out of a bridged A/B amp.
OK so anyway back to the 6.9 to 900.6 comparison you asked about.

6.9 is 70X4 and 480X1
900.6 is 60x4 and 550x1 (rated more conservatively) last one we measured was closer to 80x4 and almost 650x1 (at 14.4 volts) so you will have more available power to the sub and even at 60x4 you will still supply good power the clarus comps.

If you choose to go Legatia or pro or pro se you will need to think in the higher end... LRX or SE for power as you are gonna need bigger and/or better power for those.

I went from the LRX to the SE's and can honestly say I will never go back. (not for my personal vehicle) but the LRX are good amps. you will spend way more in the SE to get the right set up. I have a friend that runs the LRX and competes and does well.
My current setup in my competition vehicle is Kenwood Excelon Head unit to Arc ALD Balanced Line Drivers to Bitone(balanced line) to Arc SE's (2-4200SEs and 1-2300SE) one 4200 is bridged to my ID X65 Midbass Drivers (400x2 RMS) the other runs about 50 watts to my ID HLCDs (50x2) and I have open channels for the addition of Super Tweets. the 2300 runs two IDQ10v.3 subs form Image Dynamics.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Team Stinger
Old 08-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

I hope all of that ^^^^^^^ that made sense some how.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Team Stinger
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Where did you mount your bit one?
In the trunk along with the 2 ARC SE amps
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
2010SSRSM6

Bryan,
That is one hell of an impressive setup. I found a deal too good to pass up on Legatia L6 mid drivers and Legatia pro L1's so that will be the primary components of the system.

With those pieces in mind, I've got a ******** single 10" drivers side box on it's way. I'm leaning towards the IDQ Max or regular IDQ D2 v3 sub to round everything out. The amp arrangment is the deciding factor on the sub so I don't over power it.

Is this setup asking too much from a single amp? Or should I split t up? I believe this will be a "full active" system, but honestly, I have no idea what that means. Just basing that off what I was told by the installer.

Thanks again for all the help here!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #13
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I thought the 5.1k would be overkill for my plans, but now I'm not so sure.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #14
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciandrew View Post
In the trunk along with the 2 ARC SE amps
Do you have a pic of the layout or did you hide everything?