Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #29
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
We got jerked around by two separate "big" dealerships and ended up going with a tiny dealership that had a 2 car allocation. We are #1 on their list and they have been great. We ended up buying a truck from them at the same time because they were great. They let us know that we could make as many changes as we wanted up until the car goes into production. Great guys. By the way...we are #1 of two...they are still looking for their #2 order. So anyone in WA or OR might want to check out GOOTEE Chevrolet in Chehalis....NO Second Sticker...MSRP guarantee...
IMO the bigger the dealer the more bs you have to deal with, I will be looking for a small friendly dealer in my area to order from.

When you order a car, the dealer should keep his opinion out of it. Its your Camaro, why would you let the dealer pick your colors or options?
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #30
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
The resolution:

Went to another dealer that was on the list of MSRP or below dealers and it was a great experience. Very knowledgeable sales people and my sales guy actually had the Camaro5 site up. That was very good to see. My 2SS/RS order will be from their initial allocation and that was very good news as well.

My sincere appreciation and thanks to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA for letting me participate in the entire ordering process and to all here for their encouragement and sound advice.

Thanks

Paul
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #31
Lex

Drives: 1989 Jaguar XJS w/L98 swap
There are plenty of dealers out there to choose from. Find one that meets your needs and works for you... after all thats the buisness they're in.

2 wrongs don't make a right... but 3 lefts do!
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #32
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGo View Post
I had an experience too. I bought 5 other cars from my local dealership, and they know me by first name.

I ordered a Cyber Gray Metallic with an Orange Interior. The order entry would take place the next day.

The next day I got a call from the owner saying "I refuse to order this car because of your color choices." That kind of irritated me. He basically took the position of "I can't sell this car on my lot if our deal doesnt go through." I had to think about it a little bit, and I told him I'd call him back next morning.

The next morning I called him and asked what my options were. He said "if you want this car I need a $15,000 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. Otherwise, you need to change your color choices."

I didn't want to lose my spot, so I changed my exterior color to black, following GM's recommended ordering guidelines for the dealer. In retrospect, the combo is a far better choice anyway. My order was placed, and now I lay in wait...

Bryan

Cyber Grey is an awesome color btw. Just make sure you don't regret getting the black even though you know it's a good choice. Get what you want. you don't want to say ... damn I kinda wish I got that other color when you see someone drive by with the color you really wanted. Screw the dealer. worst case order the exact car you want and have it drop shipped to that dealer.
I always say: Nothing is worse than regret.
Good luck
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #33
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
I always say: Nothing is worse than regret.
Especially with a car.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #34
bluecobaltkid
Res43cue

Drives: 2009 Ford Focus SE Sedan
Send a message via AIM to bluecobaltkid Send a message via Yahoo to bluecobaltkid
My dealer want 1k down to order the car. They told me they are marking up every camaro they order. But since I've been loyal to them they will sell a camaro to me at sticker price.

Muller Chevrolet
Stewartsville,NJ
bluecobaltkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #35
deanawo

Drives: Awesome IOM
The larger dealers near me all wanted 1-5K down, plus a signed contract. My small town dealer who only got three wanted nothing down, just a handshake deal. Said if it came in and I didn't like it or want it no biggie he would have no trouble selling it.
deanawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #36
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
I must've really been lucky. My guy was awesome and didn't even want a deposit. If you live in Maryland, it's worth the trip to Laurel to go to Fox Chevy.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #37
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
I have walked out of several dealers now when they were giving me a line of crap. I don't mind driving a little further to get the car I want. I may not know a lot about the automobile industry but I know when I am being played for a sucker.

I have already eliminated the closest dealer to me because he said they would have markup. I am waiting for them to start popping up on lots before I buy, want to see what the mood is in the auto industry at that time.
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #38
Tsudy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv7260 View Post
The resolution:

Went to another dealer that was on the list of MSRP or below dealers and it was a great experience. Very knowledgeable sales people and my sales guy actually had the Camaro5 site up. That was very good to see. My 2SS/RS order will be from their initial allocation and that was very good news as well.

My sincere appreciation and thanks to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA for letting me participate in the entire ordering process and to all here for their encouragement and sound advice.

Thanks

Paul
IIRC, the Camaro5 site is the first site listed in their internet browser's "Favorites". If it wasn't #1 - it was definitely #2 or #3 =)

I smiled about that, too, as I knew then that I had made the right decision on what dealership to do business with.
Tsudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #39
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsudy View Post
IIRC, the Camaro5 site is the first site listed in their internet browser's "Favorites". If it wasn't #1 - it was definitely #2 or #3 =)

I smiled about that, too, as I knew then that I had made the right decision on what dealership to do business with.
Did you order from Country Chevrolet? I just picked my car up from them yesterday. Details are in the regional forum for the mid-Atlantic states. Here's a link http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26173

Paul

Ordered 11/29/2008
Delivered 06/05/2009
VIN 2G1FK1EJ2A9111158
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #40
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Yea!

Paul - good for you!
Lots of luck, let us know when it arrives!

PS We appreciate the CamaroScotty's and TeamLynn1's and the other decent dealers of the world. You guys should be nominated for sainthood!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote