Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #15
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
This is the thread I started earlier this week on this very same thing: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97289

The noise started this week after 10,000 miles. Even though whatever it is has partially torn off or repositioned itself because on the interstate yesterday the flapping sound became loud, then with a tick, it dimenished in volume as if the bulk of it was finally torn off or something. It is still there, however, and I cannot locate it. The thread shows what we have looked for. Still open for suggestions on where else to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mouse View Post
There are a ton of threads on this sound. Your dealer has a fix. I believe it is some new valve for HVAC??
Thanks King. I can confirm without a doubt that it is not the HVAC issue.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
Edrock

Hi all,
I've really looked the car over well this past weekend and was not able to find the culprit. I still have the noise even though it is faint now to the point where I can stand it I guess. I'll continue looking and maybe one day I'll find it or maybe it will just go away. If you have any other suggestions, let 'em rip.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #17
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
Ditto for the noise here too, although mine appears to have stopped for the moment. I noticed it most upon slowing to a stop instead of when accelerating or steady spead. Same playing card in bicycle spoke sound. LS3 6m
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #18
BA-Jackpot

Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Mine is more like a CV joint clicking on front wheel drive car.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #19
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
could be the a/c compressor.

i had this same type of noise on my 98 dakota truck, when i opened the hood, i noticed the noise only came on intermittently when the a/c compressor pulley was engaged.

sounded like a playing card on a bicycle wheel.

just take it to your dealer and let them figure it out.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #20
Edrock

Well, I'm happy to report the noise is gone...FINALLY! I still have no clue what it was for I never found the smoking gun. The other day on the interstate it was flapping as usual, then for a few seconds, it got louder and louder. Then whatever it was, let go and the noise disappeared and has not returned. Oh well, glad it's gone anyway. Cheers!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #21
Round Rock Cobra

Drives: 06 Infinity, 66 Shelby Cobra
Guys, There is a rubber flap where the hood arm and the body meet. That is where the noise is coming from. I have the same issue on my 2004 Silverado (it has the same design) and I hate it. When you are going down the road and the wind comes at you from a specific direction (across the hood) you get the rubber flap "popping". Horrible design.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #22
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Rock Cobra View Post
Guys, There is a rubber flap where the hood arm and the body meet. That is where the noise is coming from. I have the same issue on my 2004 Silverado (it has the same design) and I hate it. When you are going down the road and the wind comes at you from a specific direction (across the hood) you get the rubber flap "popping". Horrible design.
Thanks for the info. Can you post some pictures please?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #23
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Rock Cobra View Post
Pics? Any clue on how to fix it?
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote