Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Drives: 2010 SS/RS A6
Beware of Wheel Studio & Savini

I hate to have to post this, but I am hoping others can avoid a terrible experience as a result. We all know Savini charges a premium for their stuff - it is indeed nice, but, buyer beware once you pay up. I bought a set of SM4s for the Camaro and love the look. Took the car to one track event, and the rear center caps (plastic) shrunk due to the high temps and actually fell out of the wheels as it sat parked. I contacted Eric at Wheel Studio, the retailer I bought them from, and explained the situation. He said he would work with Savini and have them make me a set of aluminum caps. This was back in early August...Since then, I have asked for a set of plastic caps to get me by; I've contacted Savini directly and they told me they would send the aluminum caps directly to me; filed a a complaint with BBB; talked with the "new owners" of Wheel Studio who again said I would get the aluminum caps...4 months since this all started and I have nothing.

$3800 for the set, and I can't even get replacement plastic caps, let alone the aluminum ones. Utterly disgusting and simply no excuse.

Stay away from them.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Wow! That's too bad. There are others who have had some bad experiences with Savini on these fourms too. Damn shame, they make such beautiful wheels.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
It will be intersting to see where this thread goes. Savini wheels????
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Yeah, it would be nice if Savini or Wheel Studio chimed in here, but I am not holding my breath. I should have searched the internet before making the buy - there's all kinds of complaints out there on other forums and review sites as well. If I don't hear back from them, I will be filing a case with small claims court. They love stuff like this.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Unfortunately there have been a couple of member here that have not been completely satisfied with their purchases. Eventually it gets made right. But the problem is that you have to jump through hoops and you really should not have too.

I am not really sure who is to blame though, the vendor or Savini. My case was just more of a PIA and eventually got worked out, but I guess that is what happens when you buy things over the internet and not face to face
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Unfortunately there have been a couple of member here that have not been completely satisfied with their purchases. Eventually it gets made right. But the problem is that you have to jump through hoops and you really should not have too.

I am not really sure who is to blame though, the vendor or Savini. My case was just more of a PIA and eventually got worked out, but I guess that is what happens when you buy things over the internet and not face to face
Agree. However, I did call Savini directly and they acted like they were aware of the issue. Told me they would make the caps and send them directly. Nothing.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Agree. However, I did call Savini directly and they acted like they were aware of the issue. Told me they would make the caps and send them directly. Nothing.
Does not make them look good.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
coolman

Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy that $3,800.00 wheels would have plastic center caps? Anyhow if they are making you custom aluminum centers and not charging you ,what's your complaint? If they don't normally have aluminum then I could see them taking awhile to build. Is aluminum an option for these wheels ,or are they one off just for you?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I think the problem is that he does not have the caps and it's been quite awhile.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy that $3,800.00 wheels would have plastic center caps? Anyhow if they are making you custom aluminum centers and not charging you ,what's your complaint? If they don't normally have aluminum then I could see them taking awhile to build. Is aluminum an option for these wheels ,or are they one off just for you?
Dude! Problem is that it's been over 4 months and nothing! Several broken promises along the way. Agree - I was rather let down when I saw the plastic center caps. They don't even fit well from the "factory."
Old 12-10-2010, 02:08 AM   #11
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Yeah, I saw a bunch of negative info on Savini on the Net when I researched wheels and decided to steer clear and went with another manufacturer. Hope you can get this worked out..really sad for the kind of money they charge for their wheels. :(
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
Tomato
G-Force Addict

So...I called Savini this morning to again ask about the aluminum center caps. They now tell me that they don't / haven't ever made them. And, of course, they do not have record of my previous call when they told me they would do just that.

Please note that, all along, I had said "Send me another set of plastic ones to get by!" Well, I finally received those today. Hey hey! 4-months later!

I'll give them credit for that, but I am still extremely disappointed with this entire ordeal. I wish the new owner of Wheel Studio would chime in, as I have to believe he bought himself a mess with that place. Hate to see him suffer for what the previous owner did. However, he has chosen not to respond to my recent e-mail, or even provide any updates. Our "deadline" for new caps was 12/3.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Sad sad sad
Old 12-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Have them machined yourself using the plastic ones as a guide.