Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #155
Oneday

Drives: 2010 2LT RS / Chrysler 300c
Looks Like 2010 Camaro....JOHN DEERE edition lol
(they schould play "big green tractor"
Not for me....
Everyone there one i quess

Merry Christmas!!!!
Oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #156
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
The world is big enough for all different views..... may not be to my taste but I'll respect yours as I would expect you to respect mine.
Well said.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #157
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
question. how do you cruise with out being able to turn?
You make wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide turns... that's how.

Quote:
2 years ago I had one of these types of cars cut me off.
RIDDLE: How does a car that can't turn, cut you off?

Quote:
these cars are good for one thing and that's sitting still.
...and looking good in some peoples eyes. It's funny that the fact that someone has enough money to make their American made high-performance vehicle pretty much inoperable for the sake of personal style --- gets you all fired up! Get over it. There are people here on C5 who make hideous, non-performance enhancing modifications to their Camaros.

Quote:
just because it has big wheels doesn't mean it's meant for cruising. a cruiser can have normal sized wheels and look good too.
Do you honestly think that the people who did this to their car had anything OTHER THAN cruising and showing off in mind? I'll tell you one thing... they sure as hell aren't tugging on their phalluses, trying to stretch every inch they can get out of it by gaining another 100th of a second at the track, or another 10HP.

Didn't watch the entire video... but I'm betting this Camaro has a custom audio system in it as well.

This is the modern automotive zoot suiter... taking a good thing into excess, while still driveable.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #158
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
This is just wrong, totally wrong.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #159
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
question. how do you cruise with out being able to turn? 2 years ago I had one of these types of cars cut me off. and he thought I was getting on his rear end. when in reality it was slow reaction to him giving me maybe a foot clearance. well he gunned it to get away from me and ended up going around a curve. he couldn't make the curve. . .he ended up on the other side in the ditch and couldn't get out. these cars are good for one thing and that's sitting still.

just because it has big wheels doesn't mean it's meant for cruising. a cruiser can have normal sized wheels and look good too.

I do want to add. first friday during the summer months in fayetteville nc they have this thing called freaky friday. The drag strip is open to way in the morning. mainly meant for people that like to bring their cars to the track and race. well these types of cars show up and try to drive up and down the staging lanes. and the owners get mad when you won't move out of their way. even thou you are lined up to make a pass at the drag strip. it takes them every lane to make a turn and sometimes they even have to back up. sorry don't bring those cars and drive them around a drag strip.
Dude, if you don't like it don't look at it! Question.....do YOU like it when Harley riders refer to your BIKE as a Rice Burning Crotch Rocket?! They get mad when one of YOU guys fly down the road like a bat out of control! I guess what i'm trying to convey here is that let them do what they do....their money, their car, their taste!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #160
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post

Do you honestly think that the people who did this to their car had anything OTHER THAN cruising and showing off in mind? I'll tell you one thing... they sure as hell aren't tugging on their phalluses, trying to stretch every inch they can get out of it by gaining another 100th of a second at the track, or another 10HP.

Didn't watch the entire video... but I'm betting this Camaro has a custom audio system in it as well.

This is the modern automotive zoot suiter... taking a good thing into excess, while still driveable.
You're correct, they are showing off.......

Or compensating for the lack of size in their phalluses.

C'mon dude, get real. So drag racers are "tugging on their phalluses" by trying to squeeze all the performance out of a car designed for it (performance), but people who throw 30" wheels on that exact same car, doing nothing but hindering performance, and for the sole purpose of "showing out" aren't? I think you got it flipped.

That said, you do you.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #161
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolektor View Post
I just threw up in my mouth.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #162
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Meh. Why should anyone get bent about this. Yeah, I really don't care for this style. I have said so before. Likewise, if a person wants to spend their money that way, it is certainly okay to do that.

As somewhat of a Camaro traditionalist, I really don't like that style. But in the end, so what, the owner of that car may not like mine.

We all have different tastes. We all have different ideas about what we like. Like someone said earlier, if it bothers you that much, then don't look

I gotta admit, I look and just laugh.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #163
camaroaarp

Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
No need for ramps for an oil change.
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #164
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Other people opinions are point less. This is the same forum that everyone said my Foose wheels were hideous. So I wouldn't pay any attention to what anyone says.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #165
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Dont hit a bump or you will shred those tires and hit your head on a TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbo View Post
thank you u the only one who makin any sense.... while errbody else hatin cuz they gettin money and can do watever they want.
Huh?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #166
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
You make wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide turns... that's how.

football fields... enough said

RIDDLE: How does a car that can't turn, cut you off?

changing lanes vs making a turn? seriously does someone need to go back to drivers ed?

...and looking good in some peoples eyes. It's funny that the fact that someone has enough money to make their American made high-performance vehicle pretty much inoperable for the sake of personal style --- gets you all fired up! Get over it. There are people here on C5 who make hideous, non-performance enhancing modifications to their Camaros.

wow I'm going to have to go with what someone else said. they aren't stretching it by performance but by looks/sound.

If they wanted to cruise there are better ways then 30's. showing off. . .yea I'll agree. because that's all they know how to do. and if you don't like it F U, you're just jealous, right? that seems to be the mentality of most of the ones I have experience with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Dude, if you don't like it don't look at it! Question.....do YOU like it when Harley riders refer to your BIKE as a Rice Burning Crotch Rocket?! They get mad when one of YOU guys fly down the road like a bat out of control! I guess what i'm trying to convey here is that let them do what they do....their money, their car, their taste!
So, Just because the picture in my avatar shows a "crotch" rocket. you think I speed down the road like a bat out of control? yep shows what you know about bikes for 1. and what you now about me for 2. and 3 you think I intentionally looked at these cars?

1. That is a sport touring bike. It also marked it territory just like a traditional harley. Was wrecked back in september. so I don't have it anymore. I'm waiting on my new bike to show up and take that one up to the tail of the dragon.

2. Everyone I ride with own harley/cruisers. I was the odd ball with a fast bike that didn't ride fast except when he was alone. I also own a Harley. Most harley riders aren't as bad as you would think. at least the groups I ride with. Don't judge a biker just by one picture.

3. The story about the people at the track. yea I wanted to look at the guy that drove his donk down the staging lanes to just turn around and come back. I wanted to look at the guy screaming LOOK AT ME!! No the point is those people that do that are screaming look at me look at me. but if they were to show up at the track and just park their car they would get enough attention from the people that do care. instead they want to piss everyone off in the staging lanes. They blow their horn at you because they want to turn around even though they had no point in even driving down that way. They want to cuss at you because they can't get around your car. yea. I shouldn't look at them if I don't want to but I can't not look at them because they're in my face. lol. either way I don't go looking for these cars. and when I do see them I have a little laugh because I'm reminded of the guy that got scared for no reason.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #167
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8

That's how to take a damn good sports car and ruin it!!!

I thinks its funny how this person wasted all that money for nothing
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #168
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That car is so tall, some of us could limbo under it.

I do have to say that the modifications to the fenders are smooth. The wheels are way larger than intended for stock wheel wells, so this is a good demonstration of the quality of customization from the shop that did the work.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote