Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
CAI

Hey guys i finally got around to installing my Cold Air Inductions intake!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
looks good.

ProCharger F1A, VMax TB, ID1000 Injectors, SW Headers, SW full 3" Exhaust, BMR Suspension & 4 Point Strut Tower Brace, 3.91 Gears, DBA Rotors
Heritage Grille, CCW SP16a Wheels 10"/11.5" Nitto 275/40 315/35, Painted Calipers, Blackout: Bowtie, Rear Panel, Markers & Side Vents,
SS Fender Badges, 6.2L Cowl Lettering, Pistol Grip Shifter, RPI SS Door Kick Plates, Billet Cup Holder, Fesler Shift Boot, Lloyd Floor Mats..(1/4: 12.917 @ 109.63)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very cool! Mine goes in tomorrow. It looks like the weather will finally cooperate. I am excited. Enjoy yours!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
That looks very nice!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
Looks great! I installed mine today also! Now I want to move my washer bottle for better air flow, and I'm wondering if the Roto Fab washer bottle will work with my C.A.I. intake. Anyone know?
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

thanks guys! sorry for the crappy picture quality though, taken on my BB Storm but razorduck it will, so i have been told, but, its like 100 bucs so im just gona part ways with my washer bottle
Old 03-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorduck View Post
Looks great! I installed mine today also! Now I want to move my washer bottle for better air flow, and I'm wondering if the Roto Fab washer bottle will work with my C.A.I. intake. Anyone know?
They had a test fit when they were designing the relocation kit. I believe it touches, but it goes fit.
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
thanks guys! sorry for the crappy picture quality though, taken on my BB Storm but razorduck it will, so i have been told, but, its like 100 bucs so im just gona part ways with my washer bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
They had a test fit when they were designing the relocation kit. I believe it touches, but it goes fit.

Thanks folks. Sorry for getting off thread topic. CAI looks great and I hope you are as happy with it as I am so far with mine...
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Looks awesome!! The powder coat black looks real nice on that set-up!!
CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Yes it does, I also have a black powder coated CAI...CAI...in my 2LT/RS. Not sure if you had this problem but it seemed to me that it took some time and will power to figure out how to get 1/4 turn screws lined up with the holes as there seemed to be some interference/alignment issues between the groove in which the side of the lid sets into and the rigid part of the rubber lip that the hood sets down on, but I was able to finally get it on. The car definitely enjoys the improved air flow. Also got the ADM performance scoop along with the CAI from autoagenda.com but have yet to install the performance scoop till I get the washer bottle relocation kit and need to see if there is a way to get a replacement for the part that will have to be cut in order to install the scoop (not sure if the additional air flow will from the scoop will require a tune which I know I'll eventually want to do once I've done the exhaust upgrade) But anyways congrats on the CAI and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAI Inc View Post
Looks awesome!! The powder coat black looks real nice on that set-up!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaro5 View Post
Yes it does, I also have a black powder coated CAI...CAI...in my 2LT/RS. Not sure if you had this problem but it seemed to me that it took some time and will power to figure out how to get 1/4 turn screws lined up with the holes as there seemed to be some interference/alignment issues between the groove in which the side of the lid sets into and the rigid part of the rubber lip that the hood sets down on, but I was able to finally get it on. The car definitely enjoys the improved air flow. Also got the ADM performance scoop along with the CAI from autoagenda.com but have yet to install the performance scoop till I get the washer bottle relocation kit and need to see if there is a way to get a replacement for the part that will have to be cut in order to install the scoop (not sure if the additional air flow will from the scoop will require a tune which I know I'll eventually want to do once I've done the exhaust upgrade) But anyways congrats on the CAI and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
haha yeah i was getin kind of pissy with the lid bc i couldnt get the lid to screw on properly without one of the screws going in funny lol
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Thanks!

haha yeah i was getin kind of pissy with the lid bc i couldnt get the lid to screw on properly without one of the screws going in funny lol
We played with this a little bit and the simple fact is that every car is slightly different when the box gets in. The difference in fitment is hardly noticeable but when measured down to mm's they can be a little different from eachother so you may have to tweak it some to line them up. The majority of them go in without a hitch though. Thanks for choosing CAI guys, I reaklly hope you are happy with the product!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
We played with this a little bit and the simple fact is that every car is slightly different when the box gets in. The difference in fitment is hardly noticeable but when measured down to mm's they can be a little different from eachother so you may have to tweak it some to line them up. The majority of them go in without a hitch though. Thanks for choosing CAI guys, I reaklly hope you are happy with the product!
oh its cool bill with looks and awesome performance i wouldnt have chosen any other brand of intakes
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Looks really good!
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote