Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #1331
Vert2SS

Drives: 2011 IOM/IO 2SS RS Vert
Sorry Babaron.............worked 9-9 and 6-5 the last two days. I looked this morning and my build date is Abril (April) 14...............
Vert2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #1332
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert2SS View Post
Sorry Babaron.............worked 9-9 and 6-5 the last two days. I looked this morning and my build date is Abril (April) 14...............
Thanks! As I suspected, mine is within a fews days of yours. As for rub marks, not sure with mine as I only have 600 miles on it. I do get the slight indentaions as you do, but I never saw any rips or permanent rub marks,...yet.

I am going to treat it with protectant. Did you use 303?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #1333
Vert2SS

Drives: 2011 IOM/IO 2SS RS Vert
Oh sorry......yes 303 is what i used. Like i said in earlier post, I sometimes have indentations, but their is no evidence of rubbing or wearing of the top.
Vert2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #1334
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
me too. was told there was nothing they could do until i filed with BBB. first tier rep gave me the number to the place that publishes the shop manual so i could try to figgure out the issues for myself. that's AFTER i bought a shop manual. They refuse to give tsb numbers or p.i numbers so that we can be informed. they use phrases like "unfortunately at this time there is nothing we can do" you will hear that a lot. you wont get any attention until the BBB is envolved. then with a grudge they will offer as little help as possible. they make it more trouble to deal with them hoping you will just give up. it's a long row to plow. you will never get your wasted time back even if you get most of your money back, it's still a loss.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #1335
angrykiller1

top tightness adjustments

here is a picture of some adjustments i have been asked about. these are important for making the top tight, and not slam down so hard when closing. it's hard to see, but at my fingertip is a rubber stopper. it's pointing down to contact a metal stop on the top frame. this is the area where you see a gasket below the rear window. right in front the trunk lid with the top half raised. i dont advocate making the adjustments yourself, but to show your mechanic where they are. that said, watch your fingers and go a little at a time until the tightness lifts the top just a little away from the bulkhead, at the windshield. this way you can pull it down that last inch and it will be really tight and nice looking. also when you put it down, it doesn't BANG on the bulkhead.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #1336
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Have any of you been offered a "buy back" ? Can someone fill us in on that process? As much as we love this car it isn't solid anymore. It won't stop leaking. Top won't close properly. Our dealership says it is FIXED. (then maybe they can explain the wet floorboards???) At some point we have to say enough is ENOUGH. I had been contacted by a GM rep, called by a second one and given a case number. I have called that person three times with no callback. Car is in the shop AGAIN. (help)
Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #1337
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I hate to say it but in order to get the ball rolling you may want to start here.
http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/

Good luck
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #1338
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Better Buisness Bureau

Took me awhile, but I finally filed my complaint with the BBB this weekend. Just waiting for my packet.

Had to dig out the repair orders... shame I wasnt stingier at the beginning and got a repair sheet EVERY time I went back... some visits included up to 2 additional return visits just to correct the original issue...

Stacey the GM rep on the FB page opened me a case number to keep running until the fix is finally done. That'll help as well.

Basically, in addition to a complete FIX for these issues, I'm requesting an extended warranty for the top and mechanism alone... in my humble opinion- at a minimum, the 3 yr full coverage should start over once the top is repaired correctly... it's been taken apart a lot of times, I'm sure that's taken its toll on it...

We shall see....
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #1339
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I asked for an extension on my warranty for the the top and its mechanism also. I ended up with a 3 year 36K bumper to bumper extension. I was told that they couldn't get me a 5 yr 100K as I wanted, but if anything happens to the top before the extension lapses they would consider extending it for another 3 yr 36K.
Hopefully I'm not going to have to do anything since I've had no problems since I had the water management system replaced. Still to cool to be putting the top down for any extended time but the weather has temps in the upper 50s later this week so I'll be getting a good use soon.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #1340
angrykiller1

has anyone gotten a buy back as in cash money? that's what i want. that way i can shop anywhere i want. i see folks getting a vehicle replacement, and trade in allowance would be last on my list to settle for. just curious so that i can fight a good fight. they are not stepping up for me, and persist there is nothing they can do. 'unfortunately at this time there is nothing g.m. can offer" what the hell?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #1341
angrykiller1

i pulled up to a traffic light along side a mustang gt convertible, that old rival. he raced his motor and i raced mine. the light was red, the light on the other side went orange, getting ready for a green and he said " how many holes you got in your top "
As he raced away, and i skulked away pretending i was going into the next parking lot. he had won without a tire being spun.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #1342
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Sounds embarrassing.
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #1343
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlar View Post
Sounds embarrassing.
Where ya' been??? Looking forward to another meeting other than a random traffic light, lol!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #1344
deryk
Cruisin the Golden State!

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Camaro Convertible
Rub marks?

About two weeks ago, I bought a brand new '11 Camaro convertible w/ RS package. Since it was an '11 model, the dealer sold it to me for around 4k under MSRP, as there were only two left on the lot. Given the price on it, I grabbed it.

I've been driving it with the top down pretty often since I got it, and have noticed these faded markings on the top over the past two weeks I've had it. Since I've only put around 500 miles on it, I figured it was only some dirt that I could wash off later- until I saw this board. I tried getting rid of them today (washing, lint removers, etc), but no such luck.

Attached are some photos. Are these rub marks? The do look like them, but I'm finding it very hard to believe I've gotten them so soon after buying the car!

I used flash on these so they may be more exaggerated, but I'll try to get better pics up in the sunlight tomorrow.

deryk is offline   Reply With Quote