Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
NoWRX
Banned

Drives: 2011 STi - World Rally Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeanSausage View Post
I consider extreme loudness to actually be an anti-performance mod, because it lets every LEO within a two mile radius know when you're cracking open the throttle.

With as good as stock mufflers flow these days, I'd do longtubes and maybe high flow cats and be done with it.
Yeah, seriously, what's the point?

I'd rather have a quieter car with a quality sound rather than a super loud car that's obnoxious and sounds like shit.

My car draws enough attention as it is. I don't need to be heard coming from half a mile away like some of the cars in the city I live in.
NoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
As much as It pains me to say, every time I hear a Cobra (for some reason regardless of year, but usually the 99-2003? model) I turn around and say thats what I want my car to sound like, lol. And its always a cobra when I turn around, those cars just sound f'ing great.

Also, my V6 4th gen sounded really good, no rasp, not high pitched, I had headers, but the key was a muffler that wasnt the "loudest" one out there, it needs to be subdued a bit to keep the v6 out of that high pitched register.
I'd have to agree. The s/c whine in that video sounds menacing.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
jlawrence613

Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Right on...thats what I tell all the new guys here looking to go with LT headers. Unless you like crazy loud and rasp, for the best sound its good to pair them with a normally mellow exhaust and possibly even add a resonated X pipe (basically a mid muffler)

Are there any existing Mustang V6 videos with a setup similar to this? I enjoy listening to a good sounding V6 setup so I'd be interested in hearing this.
http://v6mustangperformance.com/foru...viewtopic&t=96

This was a thread at experimentation stage. Only constant was the longtubes. It's since been concluded that straight through mufflers are no good. Chambered are the way to go. you can see we don't enjoy that sound. Since then,Borla and American Racing have released higher quality longtubes for the v6 mustang
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
cababah

Drives: 11' 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
eww

Sorry, that is one of the funniest videos I have ever seen. 0:30 mark makes me laugh uncontrollably.

There is always something comical about hearing the engine of a vehicle SCREAM while it snails along
cababah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #19
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
As much as It pains me to say, every time I hear a Cobra (for some reason regardless of year, but usually the 99-2003? model) I turn around and say thats what I want my car to sound like, lol. And its always a cobra when I turn around, those cars just sound f'ing great.

Also, my V6 4th gen sounded really good, no rasp, not high pitched, I had headers, but the key was a muffler that wasnt the "loudest" one out there, it needs to be subdued a bit to keep the v6 out of that high pitched register.
Theres nothing like an 03-04 cobra with a kenne bell blower off road x and flowmasters fn amazing
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cababah View Post
Sorry, that is one of the funniest videos I have ever seen. 0:30 mark makes me laugh uncontrollably.

There is always something comical about hearing the engine of a vehicle SCREAM while it snails along
Your right...its just too much.

But with over 300 horse at the wheels, the car is no snail.