Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I saw another post a while back where someone had the same thing happen. For sure when I go in to get my tires replaced I am going to walk the manager around and point out the dings on my wheels so he can be sure to give them back to me the same way.
What a loser move, "oh WE didn't do that..." Bastiges!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
RacingSnoopy48

Drives: Nissan quest
We live in Coral Springs as well! What dealer did that? We are going to be buying a 2013 Camaro soon and we don't want to buy it there nor service it there either!!
RacingSnoopy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #17
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I had the same thing happen and the manager swore it "did not happen here."

Asked to see the equipment and speak with the tech..... he started to make up things that were not true and the service manager decided to dig deeper.(to his credit)

Got a call 15 minutes later...." Whoops....sorry ...has come to light he did not use the equipment correctly" Please come back and we will have it painted.

200 dollars later it looks new.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingSnoopy48 View Post
We live in Coral Springs as well! What dealer did that? We are going to be buying a 2013 Camaro soon and we don't want to buy it there nor service it there either!!
I don't want to burn any bridges with the dealership yet.
Sadly they have given me the best service in the area and I have taken my Camaro to pretty much every dealership within reasonable driving distance from Coral Springs (And would be willing to drive further for good service)

If they don't make things right, then they will be outted in this thread.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #19
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Hope,it wasn't maroone of p pines they have always done a great job there on my ss ,actually thats where I bought it
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
RacingSnoopy48

There's only like 3 with in a reasonable area which are Lou brachrodt, maroone, Ed morse chevy. I was just at Ed morse Chevy and they were great but that doesnt mean there service department is good though I haven't been the any of the rest though.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
It's all a crap shoot no matter where you go . I use Lou B. and in general they are pretty good but I have a good relationship with one of the advisors . I also would refrain from doing any kind of tire service at the dealership because you generally get some lower end tech doing the service . I always go to a tire specialty shop when doing tire stuff . As we can see rims can get messed up pretty easily . Good luck ....

BTW , can you tell us the dealerships name ???? Believe me they don't give a shit about anything in these threads and they don't care about you .
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
Alarick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2011rs View Post
It's all a crap shoot no matter where you go . I use Lou B. and in general they are pretty good but I have a good relationship with one of the advisors . I also would refrain from doing any kind of tire service at the dealership because you generally get some lower end tech doing the service . I always go to a tire specialty shop when doing tire stuff . As we can see rims can get messed up pretty easily . Good luck ....

BTW , can you tell us the dealerships name ???? Believe me they don't give a shit about anything in these threads and they don't care about you .
I went to two different Lou B dealerships and had crappy service with both of them.
Phil Smith was the one that molested my Camaro with a buffer (If you search my posts you'll find the thread) and Maroone is just kinda out of the way for me...

But you're right it is a craps shoot, mainly comes down to the advisor and sometimes the service manager.

My experience with tire shops is vastly different.
Last set of tires on my 98 Z28 where put on by Firestone, and they bent the rims so badly they where unusable.
Same line "it came in that way"
So I figured "what the hell, if the dealership screws up, they'll own up to it and fix their screw up, right?"

I have a feeling how this will end, they have given me about $200 in free oil change vouchers before for other very minor inconveniences so it's basically like breaking even.
Might have to find someone to put some IOM pin stripes on my rims..
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
You look at those rims wrong and they're damaged. Just saved you the grief of you or your wife doing it down the line

-> Positive Attitude - CHECK!
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
Alarick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
You look at those rims wrong and they're damaged. Just saved you the grief of you or your wife doing it down the line

-> Positive Attitude - CHECK!
LoL, you're not far off, I'm trying to look at this as a helping hand in deciding on a minor cosmetic mod.
Pin striped wheels.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #25
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
***Also thank you for mentioning me fellow members!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
No problem, to be honest, I'm very happy that you are here. The fact that you are willing to ALWAYS comment on threads where a dealership is in question just shows that the higher ups do want us to have a good customer service experience.

After all, Chevy Runs Deep
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
Alarick

Figured I'd update this with the verdict.

Since no other dealership wants to get involved, even one 200 miles away where the service advisor said that it indeed look like damage from the tire machine but still said they wanted nothing to do with it, the dealership is sticking to their guns and refusing to admit fault.

GM CS can't really do anything since no other dealership wants to get involved.
But the the service manager at Ed Morse is willing to pay for half of the bill to fix my damaged wheels, but is not saying it was them, but that they will pay for half...
Old 06-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
RacingSnoopy48

So Ed morse is the one that did it. And I thought they were pretty good too. When I test drove there they were nice but that has nothing to do with the service! Did you try GRAND PRIZE in Miami they are normally pretty good we have had a few thing done there?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #28
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
Figured I'd update this with the verdict.

Since no other dealership wants to get involved, even one 200 miles away where the service advisor said that it indeed look like damage from the tire machine but still said they wanted nothing to do with it, the dealership is sticking to their guns and refusing to admit fault.

GM CS can't really do anything since no other dealership wants to get involved.
But the the service manager at Ed Morse is willing to pay for half of the bill to fix my damaged wheels, but is not saying it was them, but that they will pay for half...
Isn't that awesome when they damage your wheel and then try to act like they are bending over backwards by offering to cover half. How about you damaged my wheels you pay for all of the damage you caused...

It's pretty easy to tell a scratch caused by curbing vs. one caused by a tire mounting machine.
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote