Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Been running around 20psi peak with a YSi for a few years on my LS6 then LS2 based setup. Regular ARP studs and GM MLS gaskets.

Ive never had really any issues with pushing water. The only times it has happened is when I got greedy with ignition timing. Then it usually went boom shortly after lol

Current setup sees around 23/4psi. Obviously the mid range is less.

I can see the extra stud helping on that side, but there is nothing to stop it leaking from it's opposite side, which has less material in the first place. Surely upgrading to larger studs is a more effective solution ?

And out of interest...the next upgrade is 1/2" studs, but are 9/16" or 14mm studs doable ? A lot of the Jap engines opt for 14mm for big power builds and they hold up very well with just MLS gaskets.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #30
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Did you pop yours? I was expecting 8's by now from you

Nope alive and kicking....just had life getting in the way. A lot going on at work and waiting for better weather.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #31
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
Been running around 20psi peak with a YSi for a few years on my LS6 then LS2 based setup. Regular ARP studs and GM MLS gaskets.

Ive never had really any issues with pushing water. The only times it has happened is when I got greedy with ignition timing. Then it usually went boom shortly after lol

Current setup sees around 23/4psi. Obviously the mid range is less.

I can see the extra stud helping on that side, but there is nothing to stop it leaking from it's opposite side, which has less material in the first place. Surely upgrading to larger studs is a more effective solution ?

And out of interest...the next upgrade is 1/2" studs, but are 9/16" or 14mm studs doable ? A lot of the Jap engines opt for 14mm for big power builds and they hold up very well with just MLS gaskets.
Your really working on the deck with a 9/16 head stud. Thats the reason they have 6 bolt blocks Adding more clamping force without making the deck weak. I'm just wondering how hard it is to add the bosses on the other side.

Last edited by JLE58; 09-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote