Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
I had the ZL1 since April and I love it! Everythime I drive it it makes me forget about all the worries - big smile on my face.
I drove the stock SS before and didn't like it. It's a huge difference between the 2.
I know yours is modded but I have turbocharged engines. You can not drive them as well as Supercharged as the power curve is not as linear. It's a bear before the turbos kick in and a bull after that.....The ZL1 is soo smooth and linear it's unbelievable. It has a lot of power adn warranty for everything. With the help of colder weather, i spun the wheels in 3rd gear today, on dry pavement in mode 2 (with traction control on). now that is a lot of fun.

The only debate in my mind is how much money you'll lose and if you can do it. The ZL1 will keep its value much better than a modded car though.
good luck
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You'll need a wider angle lens for you sig.
lol
Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #31
Nailn it

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray / Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_ray23 View Post
Im thinking of doing the same thing BLK_SS, i have a 2010 SS/RS modded to 625 rwhp but its just something about the zl 1 i cant get it out my head lol. Im just worried i wont get much for my car trading it in due to the mods.
I had a heavily modded 2012 ss. Took supercharger, headers etc off. Put it back stock, traded it for a ZL1. Sold the parts and modded my ZL1 to 705 rwp. I would do it over again In a second. The z handles all that power with ease. My ss was sketchy, with the extra horses. The ZL1 is a BEAST!!
Nailn it is offline   Reply With Quote