Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
Suggestion: Can the event be longer? It is nearly impossible to participate in both Autocross and Drag Racing. As a participate that attempted to do it last year as told I could, it would be much more enjoyable to have separate days dedicated to each event so everyone could do both events. I was forced by organizers to drag then cut line in the autocross in order to keep my same position. It caused headaches for all, not to mention I had to run without cool off time. Both are great events and both are great fun, but both could/should be stand alone events! That's my suggestion. Anyone else agree/disagree?
Well it fixes this problem for you...
Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
On your ninja edit,, modding the car can mean changing the tires to a 1000 shot of nitrous. No camaro will qualify for this exception in these conditions. It's a zr1, gtr rule basically.
I was looking at both the NHRA and IHRA for this rule(no cage for 10.0 on 08 newer cars).From what I understood,the rule would only be valid for a test and tune or a street car class. I think some race tracks has an event that is sponsored by Summit racing.

But if it's a normal points race or NHRA event. This rule is not valid.The normal 11.49/ 13.49 rule apply to all cars period.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
I was looking at both the NHRA and IHRA for this rule(no cage for 10.0 on 08 newer cars).From what I understood,the rule would only be valid for a test and tune or a street car class. I think some race tracks has an event that is sponsored by Summit racing.

But if it's a normal points race or NHRA event. This rule is not valid.The normal 11.49/ 13.49 rule apply to all cars period.
If I take my new C7 and run 11.49 during whatever, an event , t and t, it's legit.

If I put drag radials on it legally speaking (nhra) I'm not stock.

The personal I spoke with about this admitting wording the new rule incorrectly and it will be amended for 2014.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Wether or not any vert owners agree with the rule, tracks enforce the rules so they can sanction NHRA events. Not to mention, if you want to drag race all the time, why not have a coupe?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Wether or not any vert owners agree with the rule, tracks enforce the rules so they can sanction NHRA events. Not to mention, if you want to drag race all the time, why not have a coupe?
Or if you want to drag race all the time at least throw in a bolt in roll bar.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #20
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Quote:
If I take my new C7 and run 11.49 during whatever, an event , t and t, it's legit.

If I put drag radials on it legally speaking (nhra) I'm not stock.

The personal I spoke with about this admitting wording the new rule incorrectly and it will be amended for 2014.

Agree, this rule needs more work .
Old 07-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #21
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
It's the man... always tryin' to bring ya down.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #22
2SS45th

Quote:
Or if you want to drag race all the time at least throw in a bolt in roll bar.
Very true. I have never understood people who get all fussy about safety rules, especially in drag racing. NHRA sets these rules to keep everyone a little safer, and somehow people get really mad about it

When the time comes for my roll cage, I'm not even gonna worry about it, if they say I need it, I need it.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Very true. I have never understood people who get all fussy about safety rules, especially in drag racing. NHRA sets these rules to keep everyone a little safer, and somehow people get really mad about it

When the time comes for my roll cage, I'm not even gonna worry about it, if they say I need it, I need it.
If they say you need a cage you'll be so happy you'll prob tell that dude that you love him!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #24
2SS45th

Quote:
If they say you need a cage you'll be so happy you'll prob tell that dude that you love him!!!
Damn straight!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #25
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
C
And some events, a 2008 and newer model hardtop vehicle can run 10.0 without a roll bar.I don't know if this one will apply at the C5 event.It would be a good idea to check it out.

Only if it is BONE STOCK.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #26
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-AUTO
Assuming ones vert is faster than 13.5 (stock shouldnt be-especially in july/august).
So here's your solution for a tnt 'fun' grudge match event.
Tech in at 13.5 or slower.

Get someone down at the finish with camcorder.
Line up with your buddy (or smack talker)
Stage slower than him-so your side times out / expires. Yourlight will go red.(I let you look it up how it works)
Leave on his green light.
Person at the end will record who crossed the finish first.
You will not get a time or speed because you timed out.
This might work once before they get wise

Or just race out to 1/8 mile and shut it down to cross at 14sec.

Personnally-I don't condone avoiding safety or rules. I'm a by the book racer.

Everyone should also make sure they have their driveshaft loops and seat harnesses if required -else you won't make it pass tech in.

Last edited by HRD_WRK; 07-28-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #27
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well it fixes this problem for you...
Here's another fix, remove my member status, your a moderator.
C5 has nothing to offer me any more!
Some members try to discuss things openly and they catch $h!+ for it. The weak always resort to bully tactics and insults. I was nieve to think this forum was big enough for dissenting voices. Instead they go On the attack.
I have done my research and used logic to challenge but answers change with their moods. Keep this up and your ranks will only continue to deminish.

I can race just about any where But what really pi$$e$ me off is that this was the one event where a Camaro owner can test the metal of their car and skills against the largest group of like cars and owners. But now that's only if you are slow or a coupe owner.
I was scheduled to return to defend my 16 car event win from last year. I spent thousands on performance upgrades like:1LE 3.91 Ring and Pinion, Chrome-moly 30-spline 1400hp Half shafts, Pfadt Trailing Arms & Toe rods, ZL-1 6-piston Brakes, new rims and Nitto Nt555r Drag radials. And I'm forced to turn it over to a winner of a diminished field.
And if other tracks close their minds as well. The car goes to waste. No wonder street racing flourishes. But then again, street racing is exactly why my local NHRA track is open to all cars at all speeds as long as they pass tech, to keep racing where it belongs, on the track.

Last edited by Smkymts; 07-28-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #28
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
.......spend a thousand more, and get a roll bar. Problem solved

Closed Thread