Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #1387
Kerr

Drives: 67 vette
Glad you got it taken care of,

Maybe i missed it in the 56 pages buy why couldnt the guy that took the car be charged for auto theft,

Ive got a friend that ownes a bunch of differnt bands of dealer ships, and while no one has ever just "taken" a car, he has had employees total stuff on test drives, however i think he has always just had to eat it or turn it in on ins.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #1388
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I've been following this thread since the beginning, but never had anything constructive to add, but I am very glad to hear you will be taken care of! Sorry you had to go through this and thanks for keeping us all updated on the progress!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #1389
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ
''To everyone else, I gotta say that this was soooooo unnecessary. The behavior here was shameful and I agree with GT500guy and Gnya Tek about how I feel about forums and social media after this.''

I agree, you could start with the source of alot of it by looking in the mirror.
many of your 3 plus pages of posts in this thread consisted of accusations against Mr Hooper that were not true.
one could fairly think you were a friend or relative of the dealer.

again, kudo's to those that helped Mr Hooper in getting a just resolution to his situation.

Exactly.. most of the negativity came from PQ i think most everyone else here was showing support for the Hoopers.. but glad its finally getting resolved with a positive outcome for John and his wife
Old 01-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #1390
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Congrats John! I hope the new ride brings you and your family much joy.

And thanks to the GM folks here who worked behind the scenes to see that the right thing was done!

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 01-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #1391
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post

Exactly.. most of the negativity came from PQ i think most everyone else here was showing support for the Hoopers.. but glad its finally getting resolved with a positive outcome for John and his wife
That and hall of fame. Its why I ignored both trolls and stayed out. The negativity against the Hoopers was wrong on many levels
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #1392
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
This thread is a fascinating study on mob-sense and mob mentality. Now in the cool down period, people are outright attacking those they CONSIDERED to have a dissenting opinion. What I see is PQ and a few others pointing out that the story is one sided and trying to see things from a dealer's perspective. PQ and others admit this situation probably could have been handled better by the dealer, but at the same time, the dealer didn't deserve the outright harassment it was receiving, and now he's being condemned for it. Some of you need to pull your heads out of the mob's collective ass IMO.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #1393
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

Those and a number of other posts by PQ in this thread has certainly affected my opinion of him.
So quick question...

The community is now going to turn against a member who's been here for 6 years, with thirty six THOUSAND posts, after hearing only one side of a situation? Only because he was trying to be level-headed and trying to be fair to both sides in assessing the problem and possible resolutions?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #1394
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
I am glad they came up with a resolution on this. I know there is no way I could say this if it was my car, but this actually resolved pretty fast. Less than a month with two major holidays during the time. And this to resolve an issue for a car that is not your run of the mill 10 on every lot type of car.

Maybe the dealership could have been more sympathetic and used kid gloves when dealing with the public relations of the situation. I don't know since I wasn't involved, just an onlooker. The dealership does appear to be making it right, or at least as right as a situation like this can ever work out.

I hope the Hoopers enjoy the new car as much as the first and the permagrin is back on their faces.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #1395
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
So glad this finally got resolved for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of the new one!!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #1396
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
So quick question...

The community is now going to turn against a member who's been here for 6 years, with thirty six THOUSAND posts, after hearing only one side of a situation? Only because he was trying to be level-headed and trying to be fair to both sides in assessing the problem and possible resolutions?

Good point and question. PQ spoke with a voice of reason and take a look at it from the other side point of view. I think it went a bit far when the tone changed to one of labeling the Hoopers as "gold diggers" my term not his.

I've only posted 2x this thread, including this one and it will be my last.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #1397
The orange one

Drives: 2010 ss camaro Iom ls3 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Just a quick update for everyone...

1. I never demanded a new car. I merely stated that I should not HAVE to be forced to buy a new [read "different"] car when mine was totaled through no fault of my own. If I had been driving the car, I would accept the loss.

2. The difference in price between a good, used 2012 ZL1 and a new 2013 ZL1 is only about $5-6K considering rebates, etc.

3. Yes, the OP really was to just let everyone know what happened to #1635 that appeared on the ZL1 registry many months ago.

4. We actually made 3 payments on the car while the car was in the dealer's possession while they tried to figure out what to do about the paint issues [read "left the car there for weeks on end without actually doing anything."] I believe the last time I drove the car was the weekend of October 25, 2013.

5. GM and Berger Chevrolet (Grand Rapids, Michigan) have stepped in and are paving [not paying] the way for a new 2013 ZL1 to be sent to First State Chevrolet for me to purchase.

6. We have apologized to many of the employees at First State for the actions taken by many of the people who have been infuriated by this whole story and have called First State to voice their opinions. Anyone who thinks the dealership has not been affected by all of this must have his head in the sand.

7. We want to thank everyone for their support. We never expected this to take on a whole life of its own. A special thanks goes out to the suppliers who have so graciously stepped up to provide parts at their own expense to help ease the heartache we have experienced in this ordeal.

8. I am not the biggest tech guy out there, and I have never made it a practice to post on forums, don't have a Facebook page, etc. But I do plan to stick around on this forum, and I hope to meet many of you in person at various events.

9. When the situation is resolved, I will post photos of the new car. I understand that it will be about two weeks before the insurance check is cut, the old car is paid off, the new car arrives, and a new purchase contract will be signed by my wife and I for the PURCHASE of our new ZL1.

Thanks,
JRH (jhoop302)
Congrats
Hope everything works out for you and the dealership'
Any chance did you trade in a Iom ss Camaro 6 speed
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #1398
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Quote:
So quick question...

Who's "turnin'"? "Turnin' implies that at one time I was on his side. Am I supposed to bow down to his 36,000 posts? Has his 36,000 posts earned him the title of Grand Arbiter? I am reminded that, just because someone says something a whole bunch of times (i.e. like in this thread) does not make you any more right than anyone else. He is entitled to his opinion and I am entitled to mine. He voiced his opinion ad nauseum and now I am voicing mine. Wherein lies the difference?

faSSteddie
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #1399
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc
jhoop302-

We have been following this thread since the beginning and really feel bad for what you and your wife are having to go through with the loss of your ZL1. One of the things we pride ourselves on here is customer service, and since you have had to face a nightmare with this whole ordeal, we would like to show you that there are still companies out there that value their customers. I don't believe that you had our CAI on your original ZL1, but we would be honored to have our CAI on your new Camaro. We would like to offer you a brand new CAI for the replacement vehicle once you receive it. Just give us a call, ask for Bill, and I'll make sure you have something to smile about, hell, we'll even throw in a few Microfiber Detailing cloths to keep it clean!

If you want to check out the specs of the system, here they are: http://www.coldairinductions.com/201...d-black-finish

I see that PFADT racing did right by you too!!

WOW! I am beyond moved by your generosity. When the new car arrives, I will be sure to contact you.

I am SO glad to be part of this forum.
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
WOW! I am beyond moved by your generosity. When the new car arrives, I will be sure to contact you.

I am SO glad to be part of this forum.
John
You are very welcome John, I am glad to hear that your problem is getting resolved. We look forward to having you as a member of the Cold Air Inductions Inc. family!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #1400
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
I agree, you could start with the source of alot of it by looking in the mirror.
many of your 3 plus pages of posts in this thread consisted of accusations against Mr Hooper that were not true.
one could fairly think you were a friend or relative of the dealer.
...and you know this how? There are two sides to this story and we've heard one. This type of thing happens all the time in the vendor feedback section and until you "know" it all you're only speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post

Really? As I said you and I don't know either. Now you're doing the same thing you are accusing

Quote:
So quick question...

Thank you... He is very level-headed and simply brought something to the mob mentality that needed to be examined.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1