Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #309
bowlingbrad

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Because some of these issues occur over time, they may be related to shaking wires and intermittent connections. That may be why Scosche "cannot reproduce" some of the issues. They probably have this unit on a bench or on a car in their shop and don't drive it for any length of time (or at all). The arrows on the picture below show where I think I'm going to seal the back of the connectors.
bowlingbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #310
dnkygirl

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbrad View Post
Call me stupid but I just bought the AB model.
I was wondering if sealing the wiring connections at the back of the kit with sealant would help with potential shorting and maybe make the connections a little more durable.
I found this sealant.
Wow that's a great idea. After having installed the AB kit I found that connector to be a major issue and most likely the cause of all the reported issues. I may try this for long term reduction of potential issues. I made sure all the connections were seated with the battery off before reconnecting. It powers the LCD and has great potential for shorting out the circuit board of the unit. I think your right about scosche's testing. If you bench test this unit it works great no problems, but with very little effort you can produce a short just by moving the cables for this connector around a small bit.
dnkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #311
firemanron25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS Vert
Scosche kit causing power drain from alternator

Hey guys,
I don't do many posts only because most of the questions I have had are usually answered on this site. Regarding the Scosche Kits. The Company which installed my kit about a 18 months ago called Scosche regarding a power draining issue caused by the kit. They did little to assist them nor did they offer any solutions for the problem. They said it was out of warranty and another Scosche Unit would have to be purchased. I also heard they had a 6 month back order on their units. Scosche is introducing new products to the market place and I think posting on Social Media (F/B, etc) may get their attention??? These units aren't cheap and I for one, didn't make the purchase thinking the manufacturer wasn't going to stand behind their product. I definitely didn't make this purchase expecting to purchase another entire unit within 18 months!
Anyway, If there is a fix that anyone has, please share. If others are getting the runaround from Scosche then lets make them listen!!!!

Okay, there's my rant. I hope someone out there has a solution other than having to purchasing another unit.

Thanks..
CDC Sports Bar, CAI Cold Air Intake, Footwell & Cup Holder LED's, Borla Catback Exhaust and Pfadt Stage II Suspension Kit, Black Taillight Bezels, MGW Short Shifter, LED Door Sills, T3 Bumper ports w/Mesh, Heritage Grill (Black), 3D Carbon Front Side Panel Vents, ZL1 Hood Insert (Flat Black Carbon Fiber).
firemanron25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #312
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
FWIW for the trouble Scoche puts you through for this product, I'd steer very clear of this; the OEM head unit works great; if I want better sound I can just install better speakers and amps and all that good stuff.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #313
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo,

i have changed the oem radio against the scosche AB kit. The radio is an DNX9210BT from kenwood. I have connected the low level outputs to the wires of the scosche kit (loudspeaker). Then my TPMS failed. I couldn't teach the sensors, i had the yellow icon for failure TPMS in my speedometer. And i had a noise in my speakers, when a took the key into the ignition lock. This noise was not a ground loop noise, the frequenzy was very high. When the radio was booting, this noise were gone. I have changed the kit many times. Then i have connected the high level outputs to the scosche wires for loudspeakers and then every thing worked fine. The TPMS was working, the telephone was paired, backup camera works, the chimes are ok. Now the scosche support says, that the boston amp wouldn't work with my low level outputs . By the way, now all is working fine. No issues. With the Settings of the sound processor of the DNX9210 i have a wonderful music quality in my camaro. I always have an activ sub from pioneer, that is playing the bass tones very good. Scosche has sent me a rma to change my kit and they had sent a new kit from scosche. They said that they will bring a firmware update for the problem of the TPMS, but there is no ETA, when this update will available.
Sorry for my bad english language.

Best regards from germany
opossum
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #314
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I'm having the chime issue. Constant chime if car starts with door open or undone seat belt. Updated kit same issue. Contacted sonic electronix and they're mailing me a new unit!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:07 AM   #315
johandepuydt

Drives: Camaro 2012 45th edition-Edelbrock
Installed the AB version today and two wires came off the long flat connector. Anyone with a schematic of the connector that plugs into the unit?
johandepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #316
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I've had the scosche module in for about a week now. TPM not working on rear left wheel since about 3 days ago and today the key fob stopped working to lock and unlock the doors. I've already made plans to replace the Scosche/Kenwood with a stock Mylink Nav system with full refund. But I'll have to wait a week for my appoi ntment.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #317
mynetdude

looks like this product continues to be inferior and no other is available.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #318
benji276289

Incidentally if anyone is interested, I purchased the stock Mylink Nav unit from a source in North Carolina. Chevy would not upgrade my Mylink to a Nav unit, stating it can't be done. Well it appears it can be done.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #319
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
Incidentally if anyone is interested, I purchased the stock Mylink Nav unit from a source in North Carolina. Chevy would not upgrade my Mylink to a Nav unit, stating it can't be done. Well it appears it can be done.
I don't have nav on my mylink but I get nav with onstar when my subscription is active; so if I really need nav; I just use my phone & tablet.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #320
benji276289

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynetdude View Post
I don't have nav on my mylink but I get nav with onstar when my subscription is active; so if I really need nav; I just use my phone & tablet.
I get the OnStar nav as well but I like having the eternal map in my view. It's too convoluted to call OnStar and talk to a live person to request a route. Although I do it occasionally just for the heck of it.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #321
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
I get the OnStar nav as well but I like having the eternal map in my view. It's too convoluted to call OnStar and talk to a live person to request a route. Although I do it occasionally just for the heck of it.
I agree it is too convoluted; but I don't need the map if they provide directional guidance on screen (it tells you which way to turn and I believe it will also show the street names as well as announce via audio the turns and streets and it gives you a distance indicator of how close you are to the turn or direction change).

But if you also have an Android (or iPhone I believe) you can send directions to your vehicle without needing to call Onstar, but this still requires a subscription. The only time I need to talk to Onstar is if I need to change my routing on the way or the directions aren't updating as they should, etc. (I can do most of this on my own if I weren't currently driving at that moment).
Old 10-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #322
benji276289

The truth is...I like gadgets. When I walk into an electronics store, I'm like a kid in a candy store. And sadly I'm 66.