Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #85
Maddawg
2018 HBM ZL1 A10

Drives: 2018 HBM A10 ZL1, 2014 AG 2SS 1LE
Each tab has a slot for a pocket screw driver when ur facing the diffuser push down with pocket screwdriver and they will.pop right out ....off and on in 20 minutes it won't scratch paint if u push down on diffuser with other hand. Hope that helps
Maddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #86
Lexodar

Drives: Summit White LFX
Rear fascia was easy.. Diffuser is so frustrating I gave up. Will try again later in the week with a friend and several screw drivers. Trying to install ZL1 Diffuser. If it doesn't work, i'll cut the tabs haha.
Lexodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #87
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexodar View Post
Rear fascia was easy.. Diffuser is so frustrating I gave up. Will try again later in the week with a friend and several screw drivers. Trying to install ZL1 Diffuser. If it doesn't work, i'll cut the tabs haha.
If you have the correct tool it is not hard at all. You need to find a Fastener Removal set of drivers. Harbor Freight or Amazon

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 03-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #88
Lexodar

Drives: Summit White LFX
Thanks Kurt! Will try that.
Lexodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #89
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Also its easier to remove diffuser while the rear bumper is still on the car.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #90
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexodar View Post
Thanks Kurt! Will try that.
Here is a link to the set I got. Like all the options on length and end type. And cost is great

http://m.harborfreight.com/6-piece-p...not%20provided

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #91
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keef View Post
Wish I'd seen the WD40 trick before I gave up and put all the screws backl in haha. I was pulling so hard I didn't want to risk effing it up, not even the outermost top tabs would budge.

I had the same results last night, I was pulling so hard that I stopped because I thought I was going to break something. I was able to pop the first three tabs on the left side pretty easily but the rest wouldn't budge but I did not use any tools. I'll try again tonight with the WD-40 and a putty knife or pry tool wrapped in a towel.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #92
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
I attempted removing the rear diffuser again yesterday and I'm not sure if it was just being stubborn or because it was only 35 degrees outside because it was a PAIN in the arse!

I had the first three left side tabs out the day before with no issues but I couldn't get the first 1 out last night. So, I soaked the crap out of the tabs with WD-40, waited a few minutes then was able to pop the outside ones on each side with a little persuasion but the center four still would not budge. I actually kinked the right side of the diffuser because I was pulling so hard and that really pissed me off so I was yanking has hard as I could because I was planning on replacing the diffuser because I damaged it and then it popped right off.

After closer inspection I was able to kneed the kink out from the back side with a little heat and the rounded handle of a screw driver, so I saved $77.00!

My advise:
Pry tools only damage the bumper paint so don't use them
WD-40 is an absolute MUST
Be patient, I wasn't
Use a blow dryer to heat up the plastic, which I didn't

Live and learn,
Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #93
Argarath

Drives: 2013 Corvette Base Coupe 3LT
Just did my tonight. WD40 didn't seem to do anything at all on mine. Ended up removing the rear fascia and had it done in about 30 minutes at that point. Given i did break one of the taps removing the fascia but once i got it all back on you can't tell at all.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #94
brookj

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I replaced my SS diffuser this evening and after gentle wrestling with it and deciding I didn't want to risk breaking tabs I also removed the bumper and it was worth it.

I second the recommendation of this YouTube video: Rear Fascia Removal.wmv I had much better luck with a second set of hands to put the bumper off and back on, just removed the black structure underneath and letting each tab loose was easy.

I took the extra step to tape the paint on the seam where the bumper meets the rest of the car and it was worth it because I saved a paint scratch when one side wasn't aligned right. First time doing something like this and I was done in an hour moving a a leisurely pace. Thanks for all the advice folks.
brookj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #95
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
anywhere DIY for 2014-15 removal?
Old 08-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #96
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
anywhere DIY for 2014-15 removal?
Not sure if there's any video but its easy as shit. 4 torx head screws at the center bottom. And if I'm not mistaken one at each corner of the wheel well. From there you'll need a fastener removal tool to wedge at the couple dozen notch clips along the Difusser edge that joins the Rear Bumper.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 08-09-2015, 12:11 AM   #97
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Not sure if there's any video but its easy as shit. 4 torx head screws at the center bottom. And if I'm not mistaken one at each corner of the wheel well. From there you'll need a fastener removal tool to wedge at the couple dozen notch clips along the Difusser edge that joins the Rear Bumper.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Hey Kurt thanks for the reply. Quick question, looking to put NPP on and new diffuser obviously. Do I need any new hardware for the diffuser? Thanks Kurt
Old 08-09-2015, 12:12 AM   #98
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

No uses all the same from the one you have already

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts