Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #43
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch View Post
True, but I've been asked by numerous people to make one that doesn't break the bank and drive aggressively.
Well the biggest obstacle is that heavy dual mass flywheel. One doesn't not simply make a clutch kit that will bolt up to it. Most places wont even come near one if you need it resurfaced because if you throw the balance out there goes your output shaft. So Spec just did away with it completely but holy crap is that flywheel still thick, but lighter that the OEM. And as you said expensive. The kit I bought was about 900. If you can make one more affordable go for it.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #44
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Well the biggest obstacle is that heavy dual mass flywheel. One doesn't not simply make a clutch kit that will bolt up to it. Most places wont even come near one if you need it resurfaced because if you throw the balance out there goes your output shaft. So Spec just did away with it completely but holy crap is that flywheel still thick, but lighter that the OEM. And as you said expensive. The kit I bought was about 900. If you can make one more affordable go for it.
We remove the dual mass flywheel as well, trying to adapt a simple setup to that isn't very smart, all things considered.

Is that a single or twin?
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #45
nak3dsnake

Quote:
We remove the dual mass flywheel as well, trying to adapt a simple setup to that isn't very smart, all things considered.

Is that a single or twin?
Mine is the single full faced stage one, very drivable and has a good feel. I don't need anything else for what is a daily driver. But they do have pucked, twin disk etc in the stages up.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #46
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Mine is the single full faced stage one, very drivable and has a good feel. I don't need anything else for what is a daily driver. But they do have pucked, twin disk etc in the stages up.
Our twin we're designing will be in that price range...
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #47
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Our twin we're designing will be in that price range...
Hot damn!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #48
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hot damn!
Factory style, longer life, etc.

More info is coming, just waiting on the mods to reinstate the posts and my sponsorship.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #49
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Steve,
Anything on the new clutch? I need to replace mine ASAP, and I would hate to regret getting whatever is on the market right now if something better is going to come along.
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #50
Fuel74

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Steve,
Anything on the new clutch? I need to replace mine ASAP, and I would hate to regret getting whatever is on the market right now if something better is going to come along.
I'm with you, need an upgrade soon. Am also interested to see what Monster comes up with.

FYI - Ram has a twin with Aluminum flywheel available now for $1100, claims will hold 700HP, but I have no experience with it. Search on Ram 75-2105
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #51
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

I've updated the other thread here in the V6 Clutch Thread.

I'm meeting with engineers today to finalize this and the new triple setup for the LSx's.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #52
VuduChild1LT

Drives: Stock 2010 1LT V6
clutch fail

My clutch is on its last leg. Ive been hoping that monster clutch would finish there v6 application in time, but im not sure it will make it. Does anyone know the gm part number for the stock clutch kit?
VuduChild1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #53
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuduChild1LT View Post
My clutch is on its last leg. Ive been hoping that monster clutch would finish there v6 application in time, but im not sure it will make it. Does anyone know the gm part number for the stock clutch kit?
Unfortunately we are still waiting on a mock up vehicle to finish the final measurements and fitment.

But here is the stock number at least (19257348).
Old 05-01-2015, 08:15 AM   #54
PR325xi

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
my car has 37k miles and the clutch system has been replaced twice in warranty. The first time it broke at 9k miles!! the second time at 30k was the flywheel and throw-out bearing and they said the disk had wear and they wont fix it under warranty, it was a pain to get them to warrantee it, but I know some people that got me in contact with the local gm master guy that approves or deny warranty and made him personally check the disk that it was like new and had no wear at all and they replaced the whole system again.

Last edited by PR325xi; 05-01-2015 at 09:33 AM.
PR325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #55
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Unfortunately we are still waiting on a mock up vehicle to finish the final measurements and fitment.

But here is the stock number at least (19257348).
Silly question . You know there is a market out there for your product . How come you don't go out and buy all the stock clutch pieces and re-engineer to your specs ? I know it's not as easy as i type it but at one point you wanted one of the guys to send you the old parts ( May have been H&S ) . Hell why not rent a V6 Manual trans Camaro for Hertz?
Or why not post your offer on some of the local Camaro forums in TX ? Wish I lived in TX I'd drop mine off to you to get this done granted I'd also have you paying some of the car rental fee . It's not like the V6 manual trans Camaro's are going to go away any time soon . I find it hard to believe that this hasn't gotten done yet . The V6 Manual trans Camaro has been in production now for 5/6 years . Good Luck I hope someone steps up to the plate .
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #56
mandolino

Drives: 2011 ls camaro
Got an email a couple days ago from Steve at monster saying 2-3 months and it's ready I really hope so cause I need to get rid of my shitty stock clutch I don't know if it will last that long
mandolino is offline   Reply With Quote