Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #15
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Ok, started the 1LE suspension upgrade with hotchkis springs today. I got the rear completed, but the front is still in progress. I have the new struts and springs together, but was unable to get the front sway bar out. Was getting late and cold so i will pick back up tomorrow. I knew that the front bar was going to be a PITA from all the threads i had read. Hoping to get it swapped without having to lift the motor....i know it can be done as others have done it.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:01 AM   #16
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
I'll have a all kinds of zl1 suspension stuff available In the next few weeks...

Roll bars, springs, arms etc if you need anything

Modifying the car to a full Det Spd setup , keeping the Mag ride shocks though...

Track pack from JDP for the ZL1 ...

Lemme know if you need anything ...
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:10 AM   #17
FunkedOut

Drives: Black 2010 SS
lifting the motor is no big deal. remove the nuts, jack the motor up an inch or so and the bar comes right out. its two minutes; two nuts. don't work too hard at avoiding the easy way.

Eta: I think those that have done it are V6
FunkedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:42 AM   #18
justjoshin

Nah..some v8 guys have done it. Even the Eibach video on here did it without the motor lift on that ss. The GM instructions for the suspension upgrade says nothing about lifting the motor either.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #19
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
Ok, started the 1LE suspension upgrade with hotchkis springs today. I got the rear completed, but the front is still in progress. I have the new struts and springs together, but was unable to get the front sway bar out. Was getting late and cold so i will pick back up tomorrow. I knew that the front bar was going to be a PITA from all the threads i had read. Hoping to get it swapped without having to lift the motor....i know it can be done as others have done it.
I think you made the better decision. If nothing else, more bar stiffness will want a little more shock & strut . . . bars are really just a different kind of spring that also needs to be controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyrage14SS View Post
Ive been wanting the suspension upgrade since getting beat up by a V6 in the turns at Autoclub Speedway. I had him on the oval and straights, but he was killin me in the corners. Eventually i just gave him space and quit ****in with him. With a suspension upgrade, i wont have that problem anymore.
Be careful about assuming too much from just bolting the parts onto your car . . .

Don't forget tires, wheels, alignment tweaking, and the driver mod. The suspension parts will give you the potential but you'll need to work through the rest of that list to get the whole package up to where you want it to be (with said sixxer dropping back in the mirrors through the technical bits).

Norm
Old 01-24-2016, 03:29 PM   #20
justjoshin

Well I ended up doing the engine lift after all. Original sway kicked my ass! Now just needs an alignment.
Attached Images