Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #1457
Madgiggler

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
After Cars and Coffee this Saturday 12/11 does anyone want to cruise up to Summerlin and eat at this place called Babycakes? Here is the menu and it looks YUMMY!!

http://www.babycakescafelv.com/
mmm sounds good!!! guess it doesnt help that im hungry atm... LOL

im game... in my neck of the woods up on the W-side
Old 12-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #1458
Madgiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
I was watching Top Gear (USA version) the other night. They were talking about Las Vegas trying to pass a law where you can pay a monthly fee to get a special permit to drive 90mph on the highways without getting a ticket. I think it workout to about $3000 dollars a year, but it sounds interesting. Anyone heard anything about it?
highly doubt it!!!
so... you'll still get pulled over and over...and then show a pass?? sounds like tons of hassle for an extra 15 mph on the highway. i also highly doubt that the "fed" would allow it to happen w/out threatening to pull highway fundage.. that's the reason we have posted speed limits on the highways now anyways... many years ago... all you got was a "wasting a natural resource ticket" for speeding... there wasn't posted limits on highways well outside of town till the "fed" made nevada post limits to keep the dollars rolling in for streets/highway construction/repair.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #1459
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
After Cars and Coffee this Saturday 12/11 does anyone want to cruise up to Summerlin and eat at this place called Babycakes? Here is the menu and it looks YUMMY!!

http://www.babycakescafelv.com/
I'll be in town. Could me in.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #1460
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
I was watching Top Gear (USA version) the other night. They were talking about Las Vegas trying to pass a law where you can pay a monthly fee to get a special permit to drive 90mph on the highways without getting a ticket. I think it workout to about $3000 dollars a year, but it sounds interesting. Anyone heard anything about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madgiggler View Post
highly doubt it!!!
so... you'll still get pulled over and over...and then show a pass?? sounds like tons of hassle for an extra 15 mph on the highway. i also highly doubt that the "fed" would allow it to happen w/out threatening to pull highway fundage.. that's the reason we have posted speed limits on the highways now anyways... many years ago... all you got was a "wasting a natural resource ticket" for speeding... there wasn't posted limits on highways well outside of town till the "fed" made nevada post limits to keep the dollars rolling in for streets/highway construction/repair.
Seems like they still get paid
Old 12-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #1461
Madgiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Seems like they still get paid
sure, the 3~8k a year from a few folks to the ooodles of dollars from the fed... guess which they will go with.

i watched the segment referenced above.. and it was a small segment that didn't seem very official and I'm guessing not very serious. i'm all for driving this car as it wants too.. i just don't see this becoming anything more then a fun blurb on a fun show.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #1462
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
sure, the 3~8k a year from a few folks to the ooodles of dollars from the fed... guess which they will go with.

i watched the segment referenced above.. and it was a small segment that didn't seem very official and I'm guessing not very serious. i'm all for driving this car as it wants too.. i just don't see this becoming anything more then a fun blurb on a fun show.
True but seeing how upside down Vegas is with there economy you can never rule out the possibility for any type of revenue
Old 12-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #1463
Madgiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
True but seeing how upside down Vegas is with there economy you can never rule out the possibility for any type of revenue
well, thats for sure!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #1464
cookiescamaro
2011 2LT RS Synergy Green

Drives: Not a Camaro
Vegas in the house
cookiescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #1465
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiescamaro View Post
Vegas in the house

Welcome to the forum !!!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #1466
Madgiggler

prob not gonna make it tomorrow with the wet weather to C&C
Old 12-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #1467
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
prob not gonna make it tomorrow with the wet weather to C&C
Me too, I doubt there will be anyone if it is raining.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #1468
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiescamaro View Post
Vegas in the house
Welcome to the party! Hope to see you at Cars and coffee sometime. Here is the link to info on that: http://lasvegas.carsandcoffee.info/. You can also join our community at: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=174 where we post events. Looking forward to hopfully meeting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR BEE View Post
Welcome to the forum !!!
Hey-where were you Sunday?

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #1469
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Welcome to the party! Hope to see you at Cars and coffee sometime. Here is the link to info on that: http://lasvegas.carsandcoffee.info/. You can also join our community at: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=174 where we post events. Looking forward to hopfully meeting you.

Hey-where were you Sunday?
Sorry I missed it. Was out drinking late the night before and didn't wake up in time to make it. I'm never drinking again.. At least not until next weekend.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #1470
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
Hey Vegas - want to meet us in Laughlin?

We are feeling out a regional get together in Laughlin at the end of January. Love to have you guys join us. Check it out and respond on the link posted below:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group....#gmessage15473

We need to know who is coming so we can work on room rates - etc, so post up right away.

Hope to see you there!

Nick
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote