Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #1709
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Here is a couple of pics of the Fuse Box and Computer relocated into the Cabin Air Filter box
Attached Images

SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #1710
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
i see more casting marks to remove.

just trying to help
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #1711
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Smooth out those pillars
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #1712
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Well guys tomorrow is my last day of finals and I will be able to get back to work on the car! I have been sourcing parts and doing research. By the time everything comes in, there wont be much left from GM.

I just one of several packages coming from Phaft. These pieces are a work of art! Almost a shame to put them on the car! Phaft Feature coils should be here in the next couple of weeks.

Waiting on a DSS carbon fiber drive shaft and axles along with .......

Attachment 451928

Attachment 451929

Attachment 451930

Attachment 451931
Sorry that it took so long to come in on this amazing thread! Thanks for the love guys! You should be recieving another package here pretty soon!!!!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #1713
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Glad you could join us Pfadt.

Last edited by NC-V; 01-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #1714
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I actually think its great you can re build to that detail. I just know the roads in Texas those parts would stay clean for about 1 hour. Parts look top notch, but if putting that much time an effort would not want to even pull out of driveway. At that point would start to question all the time an effort even for a GM award. Kinda like anything else in life... GM would hand out an award and about 10 min later be on to the next best thing. Sorry just my perspective when seeing so much time an effort going into something. In all honesty though it looks killer and hope you make SEMA. I must agree this thread is great reading and will look fantastic once all completed
Sometimes the journey is better than the destination. Nathan has gained valuable knowledge and experience. Knowledge many of us have use in one form or another.

Nathan does the car have a name yet?

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #1715
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
THE LEDGEND?

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #1716
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Nathan thats not needed and excess weight/cash for no reason. Ceramic coating is plenty. You risk damaging the coating too.
Thanks, that's a good point. I'm going to call it good a far as the exhaust is concerned.

I am going to replace the factory shield with another product. It will counter the floor better and one less thing to potentially rattle.

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  91.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Might as well paint that coolant temp sensor in the left cylinder head. Looks out of place with the rest of the motor.
Good eye! I actually polished it. I just never posted pics. Once I put the connector back on, it will cover most of it.

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  130.1 KB

There's a bunch of little detailed things I've done that I haven't posted simply because all this takes a huge amount of time. Plus most of you guys would just think I'm crazy, LOL.

A good example is the bolts for the alternator, Hard to see in the picture but I polished all of them.

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  108.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Here is a couple of pics of the Fuse Box and Computer relocated into the Cabin Air Filter box
Looking good EZ! Can't wait to see the "Grand Finale"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
i see more casting marks to remove.

just trying to help
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Smooth out those pillars
Seriously, guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Sorry that it took so long to come in on this amazing thread! Thanks for the love guys! You should be receiving another package here pretty soon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4PK View Post
Sometimes the journey is better than the destination. Nathan has gained valuable knowledge and experience. Knowledge many of us have use in one form or another.

Nathan does the car have a name yet?
That's so true, I have learned a lot and most of it was from you guys here! I'm glad I could give back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
THE LEDGEND?
Actually, I did name it "G5R". I'm going to have some logo's made for it. I'm also thinking of imprinting it on the calipers along with a few other places. Wait till you guys see the brakes I'm getting.

Quick update: Been working on relocating the ABS.

Started by separating the piece of the bracket that the ABS block mounts to from the rest of the bracket.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  106.8 KB

I will only need the smaller piece. The rest goes into the weight saving bin.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  95.2 KB

Here's the bracket on the ABS block.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  136.1 KB

I've been contemplating what would be the best place to mount the ABS block. I'm thinking it will go under the cross bar inside the wheel well. This will keep it well protected. I will be making an aluminum shield to cover it.

I bought a bunch of fittings on Wednesday to start making the hard lines.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  116.7 KB

Little sneak peek: Got my Mantic twin disk on Wednesday. I will be installing it tomorrow. I will do a DIY on it; perhaps an install video.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  100.6 KB

Another sneak peak: As alluded to earlier, I should have some more components coming from Pfadt next week; this should include the beautiful coil overs. I just love the color of their components. They're like mechanical pieces of art.

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  79.7 KB

So I thought I'd give some homage to the beautiful Pfadt colors, so I will be detailing the rack in the same colors.
  • The orange circle represents the aluminum piece that will get anodize orange. It will need to get polished to clean up the casting.
  • The beige circle represents the steel housing that i will get paint to color match the anodizing on the coil overs housing color.
  • The red circles represents the seal plug and shaft which we will polish to a chrome finish.
  • The steel hard lines will be replaced with brushed stainless and black anodized AN fittings.
  • We sent out the four bolts and Clamp to get cad plated which will give them a goldish look.
  • The tie rods will get painted in a similar color as the gun metal color on the coils springs.
This will introduce a little interest in the engine bay. I also planning on powder coating the frame in the same gun metal gray on the coils. Should tie in really nice.

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  130.8 KB

Last edited by Moreno1; 01-04-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #1717
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
You're kicking ass and taking names man. I love this build.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #1718
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
Nathan, how much does that shielding weight?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #1719
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
And what brakes might you be getting? (I don't like waiting)
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #1720
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
You're kicking ass and taking names man. I love this build.
Thanks Tommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Nathan, how much does that shielding weight?
Not sure on the weight but it's next to nothing. There was about four different companies that had their own version at PRI. I'm looking into which would work best. The other neat thing is I will be able to get rid of the stubs and nuts sticking out in the engine bay and floor board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
And what brakes might you be getting? (I don't like waiting)

Ahhhhhhh...... patient grasshopper, LOL! I will send you a PM.

Quick Update: Worked on the engine bay today. I actually had two friends that work at a Hot Rod shop come over and give me a hand. Talk about a forward push!!!! Hoping to have everything done next week.

We are getting rid of all the spot welds. Started by sanding off the factory over spray.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  140.7 KB

Next came a thin skim coat.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  122.8 KB

Still needs some work but it's coming along.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  95.5 KB

If you remember from way back, I had opened up the radiator area so I could tuck it under the core support. We were just finishing dolling the area to give it a light skim coat. From a visual perspective, this is something that only I will ever know was addressed. No one else will be able to see it.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  122.4 KB

Here it is after skimming the outside.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  89.5 KB

We also did the inside.

Name:  5a.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  79.9 KB

Being that I'm not using a factory style intake, there's no need for the stud on the driver's side shock tower where it mounts to. To remove the hump, we first have to get rid of the washer that's welded under it. It was a bit of a PITA but with a little persuasion, it gave in.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  95.4 KB

After we got rid of the washer, we slice, hammer, and dolly it into shape. We finished it off by welding and giving it a skim coat.

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  114.7 KB

No more hump. It now matches the passenger side. Will need to remove the master and steering column this week to get the rest done.

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  132.9 KB

I didn't take a before picture but under the skim coat was a line of spot welds.

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  95.1 KB

Last edited by Moreno1; 01-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #1721
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Looking good. Can't wait for more posts.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #1722
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Nate, could you PM me what you're thinking about brakes please?

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote