Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Those 25 page papers towards the end of my college carrer killed off the "fun factor" of ANY classes I had.
I had 2 50+ page reports (plus another 50 pages of appendix) due within a week of each other last semester. Though they were both done in groups, it was still lots of work. Then this semester, I have three more to do. And the worst part about it is that in engineering reports there is very little BS (compared to artsy papers), its all 'real'

And to all you computer science and software engineering people, no offense but there is something wrong with you. Seriously, get help. You are not normal
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
What I didn't tell you was that after completing my 25 page paper, I went to print it and somehow got a bug on my disk. I lost the paper from page 13 or 14 on....it all turned to code. It was there, and I had to show it to my professor, but it was code. He knew it was written, gave me two more weeks, I did it, but it was my last class and I was graduating. I have it a half ass shot just "completing" it....if you know what I mean. Well, needless to say, he called it crap. hehehe...ouch. But, yeah...it wasn't that great. I just wanted to finish it.

Well, he gave me another opportunity to rewrite it. Being the type of person I am, I felt obligated to rewrite the paper...even though I was graduating soon. I did it (quickly, I might add), turned it in, got a passing grade, was given the opportunity to write it again (since I told him I expected only an A from myself in his class...and so far, it was an A...flying colors)...I wrote a total of about 65 pages. I was DONE. I took the passing grade for the paper and walked out of his class w/ a B. I was happy with that since he is known as a VERY tough professor.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
And to all you computer science and software engineering people, no offense but there is something wrong with you. Seriously, get help. You are not normal
A lot of people tell me that.. until I tell them what programmers here in phx make.. entry level is around 75k/year just because there are no programmers entering the market.

Hell, I had to jump through hoops to get 2 classes to run. Rhe college I'm going to just ditched the programming degree (MCAD, microsoft certified applications development) becuase there is 3, count them 3 of us in the program. This of course happened the semester before I finished my degree. SOOOO I'm its forced me to run so many classes in this last semester or change my degree and add 3-4 more classes.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

ouch. Thankfully i haven't lost any assignments or projects that way, though i did lost some code from a lab once on a usb drive. it was nothing important though
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
A lot of people tell me that.. until I tell them what programmers here in phx make.. entry level is around 75k/year just because there are no programmers entering the market.

Hell, I had to jump through hoops to get 2 classes to run. Rhe college I'm going to just ditched the programming degree (MCAD, microsoft certified applications development) becuase there is 3, count them 3 of us in the program. This of course happened the semester before I finished my degree. SOOOO I'm its forced me to run so many classes in this last semester or change my degree and add 3-4 more classes.
That's very interesting. We've been planning on moving back to AZ. Originally from Tucson, all the family is there.

I've got considerable development experience but much prefer project management. I'm not a true developer at heart. I'm much better at requirements, use cases , testing, and deployment/integration. I only developed cuz I had to. But if the market isn't saturated with Engineers.... hmmm. I may have to start looking at Phx as well. I've got a bunch of Gov experience and there are a few Gov Contractors in Tucson. So, that has been the default plan. Good info to know.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #20
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Good gawd..... I'm going back to school this Thursday.....this thread reminded me of it.... im so depressed now....... I have IT and my final two HRM classes along with my practicum (40 hours of work experience with a company) and a big ass final project that I have to present to a board of HRM people so that I can graduate. The only thing I look forward to is the latter.... finally I graduate with my BBA and get on with life!!!!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #21
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
What I didn't tell you was that after completing my 25 page paper, I went to print it and somehow got a bug on my disk. I lost the paper from page 13 or 14 on....it all turned to code. It was there, and I had to show it to my professor, but it was code. He knew it was written, gave me two more weeks, I did it, but it was my last class and I was graduating. I have it a half ass shot just "completing" it....if you know what I mean. Well, needless to say, he called it crap. hehehe...ouch. But, yeah...it wasn't that great. I just wanted to finish it.

Well, he gave me another opportunity to rewrite it. Being the type of person I am, I felt obligated to rewrite the paper...even though I was graduating soon. I did it (quickly, I might add), turned it in, got a passing grade, was given the opportunity to write it again (since I told him I expected only an A from myself in his class...and so far, it was an A...flying colors)...I wrote a total of about 65 pages. I was DONE. I took the passing grade for the paper and walked out of his class w/ a B. I was happy with that since he is known as a VERY tough professor.
Hopefully you didn't go to UTSA, meaning I won't have a chance to get that professor next year, or in a later year in college.. As soon as high school is done with in a few months I'm going straight to college. Not taking any summers off.. Going to get all 4-6 years done with in 3-5 hopefully.. Bachelors or Masters, we'll see :\

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #22
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I'm a business econ major. Very little writing, good job opportunities and pay, and the program is big enough that classes are rarely canceled.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
GSX
Falcon Punch

Drives: Scion tC (way too slow)
I'm am an Aerospace Engineering Major Schools and starts tomorrow for me. I have to take Physics and Differential Equations to take now. And I have heard how much fun I would be having in Differential Equations.
GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #24
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Well 4 of 5 classes down and they don't seem too bad this year... Keeping my fingers crossed.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #25
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Mine don't start till the 17th. I don't have class before 10:00 AM. I don't even have class on Fridays this semester. I love KU.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX View Post
I'm am an Aerospace Engineering Major Schools and starts tomorrow for me. I have to take Physics and Differential Equations to take now. And I have heard how much fun I would be having in Differential Equations.
Dif was one of the worst classes I had to take. I've never had to use it either (mechanical-mechatronics), I would assume that its a bit more important to aero because of the extra fluids courses you need but it won't be too critical. But it is hard, you really need to know your calculus

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #27
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Mine don't start till the 17th. I don't have class before 10:00 AM. I don't even have class on Fridays this semester. I love KU.
I'm off on Fridays too! But I have to be there at 8 am Monday through Wednesday and Thursday my clinical is at 7:30am... Yuck!!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #28
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
well all of my classes are cool but english, english is a *****