Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #15
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
The basic Safe & Sound package is $199/yr. (UE1 - 1yr. plan comes with all trim lines)

Added:
Directions & Connections which includes Turn-by-Turn Navigation at $299/yr. (DCP - 1yr. plan has been added to the 1LT, 2LT & 2SS trim lines as of Nov. 26th)

This link http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...vehicleID=8035 shows that info. on page 17.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I think something is better than nothing... JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #17
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
^^^^^Got that right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
It's OnStar. It's even standard on the Cobalt - check out the chevrolet.com site.

There is NOTHING SPECIAL about this offer. The salesman is an idiot.
Went there, checked it out. The On-Star Directions & Connections package FirstLSK's dealer spoke of is NOT standard on the Cobalt.
So, maybe he's not an idiot after all, huh?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #18
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Directions and connections in NOT included on every new car. They may give you a free trial...but some models include it with the 12 months for free.

Theft track is on all of the OnStar equipped cars now (or at least most of them). They can pinpoint your car within like 100 feet, and tell the law where the car is...hopefully to catch the theif, and recover your car. If your car gets a free trial of Directions and connections - they should be able to pinpoint the car - IF NEEDED.
Correct. Directions and Connections is the next tier of service above the standard package.
If I'm not mistaken, Theft Track pinpoints the stolen car by flashing the lights and gradually cutting off the fuel supply so that the car becomes immobilized.

GM Canada has recently announced an upgraded OnStar package to be included on some new car purchases.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 12-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #19
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
you get standard onstar for a year, thats vehicle theft tracking, and emergency vehicle notification. not the direction and connection. so theyre givvin the direction and connection free also. which is not bad. but gm needs to get a way to implament a Nav screen in more vehicles, and incorporate the onstar direction and nav screen together.

dang u guys beat me to it lol.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Directions and connections in NOT included on every new car. They may give you a free trial...but some models include it with the 12 months for free.

Theft track is on all of the OnStar equipped cars now (or at least most of them). They can pinpoint your car within like 100 feet, and tell the law where the car is...hopefully to catch the theif, and recover your car. If your car gets a free trial of Directions and connections - they should be able to pinpoint the car - IF NEEDED.
What he said.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #21
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Here's what was posted on chevylaunch

In addition to these changes, Chevrolet is also pleased to announce customers taking delivery of 2010 Camaro 1LT, 2LT or 2SS model will be upgraded at no additional charge to one year service of OnStar’s Direction and Connection Package. In addition to the many standard OnStar features including Accident Notification and Vehicle Theft Locator, customers of 1LT, 2LT and 2SS models will receive OnStar’s Turn-by-Turn Navigation Services – the simpliest and smartest service available.

And.........

# Interior section-(AY0) Air bags, dual-stage frontal, updated extended description to now read "thorax side-impact for driver and front passenger and head curtain side-impact for front and rear outboard seating positions, includes Passenger Sensing System".
# Interior section-Compass, located in Driver Information Center, changed symbol to "S" on all equipment groups and removed footnote 1 completely.
# Interior section-(SRJ) Convenience and Connectivity Package, updated extended description to now read "includes (UPF) Bluetooth for phone, (KTB) wireless PDIM, (USR) USB port, (NZL) steering wheel mounted audio controls, (N34) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (VY7) leather-wrapped shift knob and cargo convenience net".
# Interior section-Added (DCP) OnStar, 1-year of Directions and Connections plan. Includes the innovative easy to use Turn-by-Turn Navigation services which provide voice-guided directions (where available). Also includes Automatic Crash Notification, Automatic Notification of Air Bag Deployment, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, a link to all Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands-Free Calling, AccidentAssist, Remote Horn and Lights, Information and Convenience Services, and Driving Directions. It is "solid box1" on 1LT, 2LT and 2SS with a footnote 1 that reads "OnStar services require vehicle electrical system (including battery), wireless service and GPS satellite signals to be available and operating for features to function properly. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance and Remote Door Unlock success varies with conditions. OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics available on most 2004 MY and newer GM vehicles. Diagnostic capability varies by model. Turn-by-Turn Navigation requires ABS and is not available in certain areas. Visit onstar.com or call 1-888-466-7827 for system limitations and details. For a list of vehicles with Automatic Crash Notification visit onstar.com."
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #22
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Official Word:

12/4/08 New Options and Features Coming for the 2010 Camaro
Since the Early Ordering Activity was announced, we’ve received a number of inquiries about the ability to change wheels on the RS Exterior Package, and order blue exterior colors on the SS models. As the result, effectively immediately, the following configurations will be available through Order Workbench:

Imperial Blue Metallic (RPO: GAP) and Aqua Blue Metallic (RPO: GBD) will be available on all SS Models (Model Nos. 1ES37 and 1ET37).
The 20-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels (RPO: Q9J) will be an optional upgrade available on all models equipped with the RS Exterior Package (RPO: WRS). Although this wheel is an available option on all SS models, it is only through the RS package that you will be able to get these optional wheels on the LT models.
White Stripes (RPO: B7X) will be available with Rally Yellow exterior color (RPO: B7X).
In addition to these changes, Chevrolet is also pleased to announce customers taking delivery of 2010 Camaro 1LT, 2LT or 2SS model will be upgraded at no additional charge to one year service of OnStar’s Direction and Connection Package. In addition to the many standard OnStar features including Accident Notification and Vehicle Theft Locator, customers of 1LT, 2LT and 2SS models will receive OnStar’s Turn-by-Turn Navigation Services – the simpliest and smartest service available.

Further enhancements to the 2010 Camaro and the Early Ordering Activity will be announced in the near future.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I thought this was part of OnStar anyway. Obviously, I don't know OnStar.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #24
fuffl

Drives: #3124!!!
I know this belongs in the Tech section, but this reminds me. Is there any way to remove the on-star system when I gut this car and turn it into a drag car? It'll be a few years after the warranty expires, but it'll happen. I'm just worried that it's wired in so tight that the computer would freak if it's disconnected.
fuffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
FYI --

I just got an email from my salesman at Classic Chevrolet. He said that Chevy has just notified him that everyone that has ordered will be getting free directions and connections and theft track with there new cars as a "thank you" from Chevy.
Sweet! I was going to order both of those.

Still haven't gotten my Chevy letter though...
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #26
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuffl View Post
I know this belongs in the Tech section, but this reminds me. Is there any way to remove the on-star system when I gut this car and turn it into a drag car? It'll be a few years after the warranty expires, but it'll happen. I'm just worried that it's wired in so tight that the computer would freak if it's disconnected.
Just go buy one of the BIW cars............

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/_r...Camaro+BIW.pdf
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #27
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
Here's what was posted on chevylaunch

# Interior section-Added (DCP) OnStar, 1-year of Directions and Connections plan. Includes the innovative easy to use Turn-by-Turn Navigation services which provide voice-guided directions (where available). Also includes Automatic Crash Notification, Automatic Notification of Air Bag Deployment, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, a link to all Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands-Free Calling, AccidentAssist, Remote Horn and Lights, Information and Convenience Services, and Driving Directions. It is "solid box1" on 1LT, 2LT and 2SS with a footnote 1 that reads "OnStar services require vehicle electrical system (including battery), wireless service and GPS satellite signals to be available and operating for features to function properly.

What - Am I chopped liver here? I ordered a 1SS and I don't rate this service as well?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #28
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What - Am I chopped liver here? I ordered a 1SS and I don't rate this service as well?
Pretty much. You can't even get the Convenience and Connectivity package on the 1SS but you can on everything else but the LS. No cargo net for you either.

I really don't understand the limitations on the 1SS trim level.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote