Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #421
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hoping you've got a quality camera to record your new sounds with lol (cause I'll be really curious to see the outcome of your setup!).

If it is not too much trouble, I'd like to see a vid of your new setup with AND without the ghost cam tune since most of us (myself included) probably will not run with the ghost cam tune....but then again you never know.
Yeah I used to do professional videography so I have a good camera with external shotgun mics. Should work well. As far as the ghost cam showing up we will just have to see.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #422
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
The LT's won't make too much difference. I have recorded BuddyLok's setup with the Ghost tune (Magnaflow, BBK LT, and Airaid v2). You can't hear it unless you are there. And even still, it's so subtle you barely notice it's changed. Unless you chop switch before and after on the spot.. you won't be able to tell the difference.
Hrm...thats suprising to me. Oh wells. I'm mainly interested in hearing OOLIE's setup just because he will be running BBKs with the res X with magnaflows, which is basically what I'd be running if I had LTs. We have videos of BBKs + magnaflows which was awsome, but not with the resonated X in between. Want to see how this affects the "rumble" of the exhaust note.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #423
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
what bugs me is when people record the audio too high up and too far back from the car, allowing the noise floor to creep up...

it seems to me that if your exhaust system has a quiet idle, you wont hear the ghost cam.

anyways, i can't wait to hear the new clips when they get posted. I'd love to hear MRTv1 with this ghostcam tune.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #424
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
I have the ghost cam tune as well. I will post it up when i can.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #425
wangtangjf7

Oh yeah, i remember someone asking me how loud my car was since i had no cats. I will post that up together then.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #426
OOLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hrm...thats suprising to me. Oh wells. I'm mainly interested in hearing OOLIE's setup just because he will be running BBKs with the res X with magnaflows, which is basically what I'd be running if I had LTs. We have videos of BBKs + magnaflows which was awsome, but not with the resonated X in between. Want to see how this affects the "rumble" of the exhaust note.
Actually I got OBX which shouldn't be too far off. What I do with the cats will be the difference. Haven't fully decided on that yet.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #427
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
I sent logs to Vince yesterday. Some issues with my ghost cam. I can't feel it or hear it. Can't wait for an update
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #428
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Hope you guys aren't "feeling" there is a problem because I said it. Vince has fixed these issues now. =)
Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #429
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Hope you guys aren't "feeling" there is a problem because I said it. Vince has fixed these issues now. =)
No we talked about those issues he sent 'me cam settings from another car and my car doesn't seem to have accepted them. On the very first start after the tune (cold) the aggressive cam sound was very loud during the cold start up. Sounded great. But then it went away during normal idle and I haven't heard or felt it since regardless if cold start up or not.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #430
OOLIE

Quote:
All seems good. Thanks for being the pioneer in the testing of this Jagan I am sure many people will have fun with it, especially since you can turn it on and off.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #431
wangtangjf7

Here is a video of my car cold or during the warming up period when i first start my car. Another video of it just at regular idle will be up soon.

Sorry. I dunno how to get the video embedded into the actual post.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #432
wangtangjf7

nvm. it automatically did it. lol.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #433
wangtangjf7

Ok. So here is the video of it idle with the ghost cam.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #434
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
Here is a video of my car cold or during the warming up period when i first start my car. Another video of it just at regular idle will be up soon.

Sorry. I dunno how to get the video embedded into the actual post.
Sounds like a normal cold start. Which is a good thing. Not suppose to work then. Only works after 150 degrees