Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #43
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Funny, I checked out this thread because I wanted to see a comparison between the Camaro and the Charger. Great. The OP then asked about crank vs wheel power, and what to do to get 400 or so at the wheel. Thats fine. What I found in subsequent discussion was auto vs manual/LS3 vs L99. We've got a seperate section deticated to engine talk, lets try and get this back on topic.

I will say this though ... to those that are talking about how the manual is faster, are any of you taking into account the fact that if somone has never raced before they have a much better chance of getting a good time in an auto than a manual.
Yeah, this thread has kinda drifted off into another direction; although it has drifted, some informative information has been revealed to the less educated car person like me.

But back to the orginal topic,....I ordered a 1SS auto, silver ice metallic, I was thinking I was going to bed getting the advertised horsepower,...but as many have noted, it's at the crank, so immediately upon getting my car, Im gonna look into getting some mods for it. I want to get the Henny cold air intake which adds 15 hp, but I don't know if I should go with the Chevy dealer installed intake which adds..(??) hp. I don't wanna take the salesman's word for it,....cause they just talk talk talk. If my stock 1SS would allow me to totally own a Charger R/T or everything else on the road besides a supercar, I'd be fine for a good little while.

I mean Im not trying to get as much power to beat a vette, but if I can get 450hp or a little bit over I'd be fine. I wouldn't have any reason to upgrade anything else.

If anyone can provide a direct link to some mods I could purchase with the gains they add, that'd be great.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote