Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #561
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Ecko View Post
Qbert, where you really 1100 in April or was that when you went 2000-3000? Cause I'm figuring a two month wait from getting pulled (2000-3000) to delivery (6000). Sound about right? I hope it doesn't get dropped off Sept 19-28th : ( I'm gonna be in Jamaica? Anyone wanna babysit it until I get back? Just kidding....
that is my real time order process i got lucky. lurked around the site spotted camaro scotty he hooked me up with eric hall and eric sent me to classic chevy in sugarland then don and gary hooked me up
now i know it sure looks unfair but i just played the game right

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #562
Rothnak

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert48 View Post
that is my real time order process i got lucky. lurked around the site spotted camaro scotty he hooked me up with eric hall and eric sent me to classic chevy in sugarland then don and gary hooked me up
now i know it sure looks unfair but i just played the game right
Nobody here would blame you good sir but yes, it is unfair. It's the system not you. Congrats on "playing it right" but I think we'd all agree the point of ordering early was to "play it right". R6P orders should be done and over with...end of story.

Classic is definitely not to blame either. This cluster you-know-what goes all the way to the top of corporate GM.

25,000+ cars built and counting...and R6P orders still out there? That's sad GM...very very sad. By the time I take delivery of my car there will be close to 40,000 built I'm sure. To outsiders I tell them it has been a great buying experience but to you guys there is no need. We all know the truth and we're all in the same boat.

I swear this is my first rant of this kind on this forum (check my previous posts if you don't believe me) so thanks for listening. I'm a lousy optimist at best.

Need some sleep...:(
Rothnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #563
R1Ecko

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I think Sugarland did not accept pre-orders, is that right? Well I'm sure when all our cars get here we'll be too happy to remember who beat who to the front of the line. I'm kinda glad other cars went first, if only to work out the few hiccups. But now I'm counting down the days. Hopefully my car will arrive within two months so I can drive it while
it's still technically summer.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #564
Rothnak

Quote:
I think Sugarland did not accept pre-orders, is that right? Well I'm sure when all our cars get here we'll be too happy to remember who beat who to the front of the line. I'm kinda glad other cars went first, if only to work out the few hiccups. But now I'm counting down the days. Hopefully my car will arrive within two months so I can drive it while
You're right, as many before us have said, all is forgotten once you have the car. I'm 100% certain that'll be true but till then...grrrrrrr.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #565
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
That's correct. We did not own it until March, so there no R6P orders.
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #566
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Sweet. That's about the one thing I wasn't happy with - I had a pre-approved check from CapitalOne Auto... much like your PenFed. When I got to the finance table, they were like "sorry, we don't take CapitalOne Auto checks..." - despite being listed as an approved dealer w/CapitalOne and despite the fact that the check was legal tender for whatever amount I wrote it for up to $50K. I ended up using Bank Of America and getting a nearly-as-favorable rate (higher though), but it left a bad taste in my mouth. It felt like there was a quarter-point rolled in there for someone other than me or the bank... I'm not saying that's what happened but that is what it felt like. They were giving me the College Student discount though, which got me the car below sticker, so I didn't complain too loudly.
We have had a LOT of problems w/ CapitalOne funding those checks. So Mr Durant, decided that we are not accepting them.
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #567
qbert48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnak View Post
Nobody here would blame you good sir but yes, it is unfair. It's the system not you. Congrats on "playing it right" but I think we'd all agree the point of ordering early was to "play it right". R6P orders should be done and over with...end of story.

Classic is definitely not to blame either. This cluster you-know-what goes all the way to the top of corporate GM.

25,000+ cars built and counting...and R6P orders still out there? That's sad GM...very very sad. By the time I take delivery of my car there will be close to 40,000 built I'm sure. To outsiders I tell them it has been a great buying experience but to you guys there is no need. We all know the truth and we're all in the same boat.

I swear this is my first rant of this kind on this forum (check my previous posts if you don't believe me) so thanks for listening. I'm a lousy optimist at best.

Need some sleep...:(
i didn't take that as a rant in fact i kinda feel bad for the way this whole R6P thing went down but you a one of the few that did not flame me over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
That's correct. We did not own it until March, so there no R6P orders.
but man am i glad to have the car

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #568
Rothnak

[QUOTE=qbert48;726967]i didn't take that as a rant in fact i kinda feel bad for the way this whole R6P thing went down but you a one of the few that did not flame me over it

Haha thanks I appreciate that and you're welcome. In my opinion, no flaming necessary my friend!

It's amazing what sleep will do for ya though, I feel so positively positive today.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #569
Kohinoor

Drives: sc300, 2ss/rs coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert48 View Post
welcome and good choice who is your salesman?
i think his name was tony morgan
Kohinoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #570
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
We have had a LOT of problems w/ CapitalOne funding those checks. So Mr Durant, decided that we are not accepting them.
Understood, thanks for the reply Eric.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #571
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Checked the Rail tracking,It left Arkansas at 5:30 today

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #572
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Checked the Rail tracking,It left Arkansas at 5:30 today

Nexus,

It sounds like the WAIT is almost over for you. Congratulations!!!
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #573
walls

Drives: Infiniti G37S, Suzuki B-King
Eric,

I tried calling you today, but didn't get an answer...no biggie.

I've been interested in the Camaro for quite some time, and I'm closer than ever to pulling the trigger (gosh darn it, I have a brand new car, and there's nothing wrong with it......but my girl just doesn't get the blood pumping like a 2SS!)...

I just need two cars then :P

By the response in this thread, it looks like Classic is the place to buy. Do y'all honor a supplier authorization code and the USAA member discount?

Money talks and I certainly want to get the best price possible! Thanks for your time!
walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #574
qbert48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohinoor View Post
i think his name was tony morgan
think i met him. but it was a blur that day ,i mean we flew out at 7 am and bought the car by 2pm

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09