Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

View Poll Results: Is there to much censorship on C5
Yes 51 43.22%
NO 67 56.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #57
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. It's nothing against all female members of the forum. It's more to the 'protected' ones who don't even own Camaros, they're just eye-candy and they're allowed to post racy pics while others get banned/warned for similar pics. I won't say anymore or mention that they're just looking for attention ******************
But ultimately what I'm saying has nothing to do with female members like yourself. I've seen your posts around and they contribute more to the car side of things. If that makes any sense?

no, i completely agree with you. i'm more of a guys gal, (bc most women annoy the hell outta me, lol) but i'm met some of the best people (women/men) on here and i've also seen what you're talking about, but you'll see that on any site you go to because as someone on another thread said.. hott girls and cars kinda go together..
im on here to make friends with people who know stuff about cars and get info on how to do stuff to mine,and see what can be done to the car (im kinda new to all this) so i really don't want to see half naked chicks with cars.. (no offense to the women who model and pose for the pictures.)

Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #58
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I for one think the mods and the owners of C5 do a great job. I've been around for quite awhile now and I've been on the wrong side of the tracks a few times with the mods. At the time I was really upset and said things to some of them that I shouldn't have, and I do apologize for that. I used to look at this site as sort of being in the garage on a Friday night with my buds drinking beer and BSing about everything ,but I've come to realize that It's sort of like that but with your wife and kids instead jointing in also.

The only thing I must say is it very difficult to tell what's allowed and what isn't. It does seem like one day it's okay and the next it isn't for somethings. There was a recent thread started about a member sticking with ford even though he said he would never buy another one. That thread had the F word all through it and many mods posted in that thread. None of those post got deleted and they were even commented on as funny. Now, what makes this okay? Is it because it was a topic that the mods being mods of a camaro site really wanted to see get made fun of? I don't know and I really don't care. All I'm saying is were is the uniformity with the rules. Either say everyone can use the F word or no one. Don't make an excuse to curb the rules for certain people or certain topics. I know it's a private forum and this is not a democracy but really ,this site would not exist without members. So why not keep the playing field level.
I'll follow what ever rule you come up with or I'll leave if I don't agree. But, at least try to keep the rules from being a moving target.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #59
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
no, i completely agree with you. i'm more of a guys gal, (bc most women annoy the hell outta me, lol) but i'm met some of the best people (women/men) on here and i've also seen what you're talking about, but you'll see that on any site you go to because as someone on another thread said.. hott girls and cars kinda go together..
im on here to make friends with people who know stuff about cars and get info on how to do stuff to mine,and see what can be done to the car (im kinda new to all this) so i really don't want to see half naked chicks with cars.. (no offense to the women who model and pose for the pictures.)
+1 I'm with ya!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #60
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #61
Forearms

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Just like life, some people like you and some don't. It's something we ALL deal with at some point. It's part of life and C5 is no different.
Yes, I understand this. However, people in power shouldn't be censoring based on whether or not they "like" the person.

03/10/2011 - (1100) : 03/10/2011 - (1102) : 03/15/2011 - (2000)
03/15/2011 - (2500) : 03/15/2011 - (3000) : 03/19/2011 - (3100)
03/19/2011 - (3300) - TPW 3/28/11
03/22/2011 - (3300) : 03/22/2011 - (3100) : 03/22/2011 - (3100) - Hiccup...
03/24/2011 - (3400) : 03/30/2011 - (3800) - She's alive!!!
03/30/2011 - (4000) : 03/30/2011 - (4150) : 03/31/2011 - (4B00)
04/02/2011 - (4200) - Dealer says ETA of 4/15!!!
04/12/2011 - (4B00)
04/12/2011 - (4800) - Unloaded from the train!!!
04/12/2011 - TOOK DELIVERY - THAT WAS FAST!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #62
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
even this thread it gets moved over to a less browsed forum?? Hmmm?? Not a general discussion topic?? Im sure there is some excuse for it.

I would like a list of all the members that have special rights that way I know who I can't mess with on here and who I have to bow down too.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #63
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. It's nothing against all female members of the forum. It's more to the 'protected' ones who don't even own Camaros, they're just eye-candy and they're allowed to post racy pics while others get banned/warned for similar pics. I won't say anymore or mention that they're just looking for attention ******************
But ultimately what I'm saying has nothing to do with female members like yourself. I've seen your posts around and they contribute more to the car side of things. If that makes any sense?
i know who your talking about and theres two that come to mind. And thats all i can say
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #64
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
even this thread it gets moved over to a less browsed forum?? Hmmm?? Not a general discussion topic?? Im sure there is some excuse for it.

I would like a list of all the members that have special rights that way I know who I can't mess with on here and who I have to bow down too.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/memberlist.php

And for what its worth I don't know who moved the thread... But this would be considered off topic. So, I'm pretty sure that's why.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #65
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/memberlist.php

And for what its worth I don't know who moved the thread... But this would be considered off topic. So, I'm pretty sure that's why.
that doesnt show me who has special privaleges and how is it off topic its general discussion.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #66
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
GTAHVIT:
I got it. Nicely done.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #67
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forearms View Post
Yes, I understand this. However, people in power shouldn't be censoring based on whether or not they "like" the person.
Well human nature is a funny thing. Again, it happens in all walks of life.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #68
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
that doesnt show me who has special privaleges and how is it off topic its general discussion.

Yes it does. Everyone in that list may or may not, on any given day, in any given post, in any given thread, be treated better or worse than any one else on that list, by any given mod or admin on this site.

And the reason, this is considered off topic is due to the fact that the General discussion section is expected to be directly related to the Camaro..

Quote:
5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (207 Viewing)
General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.
This conversation is not. It is a discussion directly related to your feelings regarding the censorship and poor standards with which the moderators and admins treat the members here.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #69
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I see that some people that were banned, have now returned. Why? If C5 is so bad, why come back? There are other sites.

I own another VB website forum about cars, and I fully understand what's going on here. As an owner, I give guidelines to moderators on what's acceptable and what's not, but try to allow them to use their best judgement. If someone feels slighted, they're always allowed to appeal, but most of the time it's for just cause.

Can't be everything to everyone, but as long as you play nice in the sandbox, you'll do ok. Remember, it ain't your house. And if you have to criticize, try to keep attacks on the subject, not the messenger. We're all human and make mistakes. Try not to let it ruin your experience here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #70
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
What amazes me is the fact that some people who come on here, just don't understand that this isn't the "Public Square" soapbox , and that there is no guarantee of expressing anything you wish, regardless of how offensive the group here may find it or how malicious it could be.

Again, this is a Privately owned and operated site. Those who own and moderate this Forum, have every right and, dare I say it, responsibility to maintain it as they see fit.

Sorry, guys, but this view of just because you can access any given web site, you automatically have the right to post anything you want, just doesn't fly. As has been said many times, you can post somewhere else if you can't deal with the rules here.

Keep up the Good Work C5 Team.

Last edited by greenrail; 03-25-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Closed Thread