Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #687
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Take a look at how BB3's quad-exhausts are wrapped tightly by the diffuser...I don't normally like quad-exhaust tips...But something about this look makes me smile!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #688
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Take a look at how BB3's quad-exhausts are wrapped tightly by the diffuser...I don't normally like quad-exhaust tips...But something about this look makes me smile!
Agree.......... the ones that come with the Ground Effects Package are so "bling bling" if you know what I mean.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #689
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
unless we see a list of those parts they don't exist and this is usless info...
Well I could list what I saw, but then again that would be a dead give away of where I saw them wouldn't it. And I don't like getting people into trouble. Choose to believe me or not, your call, I figured someone would call it useless info.....then again some others might call this entire thread useless info

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #690
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Well I could list what I saw, but then again that would be a dead give away of where I saw them wouldn't it. And I don't like getting people into trouble. Choose to believe me or not, your call, I figured someone would call it useless info.....then again some others might call this entire thread useless info
It might have been best to not say anything at all.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #691
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Tell me....what did you see?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #692
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Oh and how do those pics prove what this car is? Was there some kind of formal announcement?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #693
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Oh and how do those pics prove what this car is? Was there some kind of formal announcement?
a supercharged camaro. it is what it is.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #694
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I wouldn't take ANY design hints from this car. This vehicle clearly started its life as an LS, or 1LT model Camaro. There's no spoiler, and the interior features a rubberized shift knob. That, and they've hacked up the diffuser to fit the quad tips, I think you're right about the ground effects, too.

The wheels aren't factory, the brakes don't match, the interior has panels taped to the carpet, and there are a set of "not the real headlights" in the front fascia intakes....

Overall, this is nothing more than an engineering mule, Z28 or no. They'll probably keep the true design components in the basement, or the wind tunnel....which means we'll never TRULY know what the Z28 will look like until they show us.

...yay.....
Yep! What he said!!

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #695
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
100%, I wish I could say what I know, as well, but made a promise to my sources, which I have a lot of respect for.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, let me reassure you my sources are solid, so you can take it any way you want. They were dead on when the Camaro was first resurrecting, as to what the final product would look like based on the concept car that was travelling the car show curcit.

I ask you respect our information pipeline and not pressure us for "information that cannot be released", at this time.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #696
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
From another forum I found this:The ZR1 uses a 2.3L supercharger, the CTS-V uses a 1.9L supercharger. That's where the horsepower difference comes from. Those 82 horses are easily gained back with a software upgade + smaller pulley. I would do your research, though, as the CTS-V comes with hyper-eutectic cast aluminum pistons vs. forged aluminum in the ZR1. Not sure how much boost either can handle, but common knowledge is forged are more durable when pushing the boost levels. "i have seen a set of lsa heads and although from the outside they look pretty similiar to a ls9 head, its not the same its got a weird area right around the bowl area behind the intake valve" "The LSA uses a single brick intercooler whereas the LS9 has a dual brick cooler - but the duals are half the thickness of the single one".....

Well..... I'm not picky on whatever they put in a Z28 because it's not going to the track! Hell, I'd be lucky to get it out once a week for cruisin!
Yeah - I said "...hyper'" pistons, so I think I covered that. The cams are different also, as well as the boost pressure. The heads are cast the same with the same intake port "wings"; the LS9 has to accommodate larger 12mm head bolts whereas the LSA uses 11mm bolts. I think the facts I covered are pretty concrete since I can support nearly all my claims with GM statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'm a little skeptical, but MOST hopeful I'm pretty confident overall though. There are too many things we're seeing in those photos that point to the conclusion Z28 is back

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #697
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
100%, I wish I could say what I know, as well, but made a promise to my sources, which I have a lot of respect for.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, let me reassure you my sources are solid, so you can take it any way you want. They were dead on when the Camaro was first resurrecting, as to what the final product would look like based on the concept car that was travelling the car show curcit.

I ask you respect our information pipeline and not pressure us for "information that cannot be released", at this time.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!
I understand, but why say anything to anyone that you know something? You don't say a word, and no one will pressure you.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #698
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I understand, but why say anything to anyone that you know something? You don't say a word, and no one will pressure you.

x2
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #699
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
x2
It's all in good fun I don't think he's doing it to be a PITA

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #700
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
because it makes you one of the cool kids that knows something no one else does. . .

we have no way to verify that they are saying things are legit, or if they are saying them just to be cool. does it matter no. if they do know something good for them. it's useless to us because we don't know and won't find out.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28