Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #7883
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Took my car into get new tires at Discount Tires and Ina/Shannon last week and then when I was detailing my car this weekend I saw they somehow scuffed both front wheels (I got front tires only). Looks like they clamped them onto a machine to balance them and the clamps scratched the wheels all the way around? Anyway, the guy said it wasn't possible they did it (absolutely they did) but said he could get it out with scratch remover.

He removed not only the scratch but the clear coating and right down to the dark metal beneath. UGH.

They are sending Alloy Wheels out to redo both front wheels though so all's well as I had a scratch on one of the wheels that has been bothering me anyway and now they will be all perfect again. Does seem like these wheels scratch easily......

Last edited by Transformed; 03-11-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: wrong word
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #7884
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
Took my car into get new tires at Discount Tires and Ina/Shannon last week and then when I was detailing my car this weekend I saw they somehow scuffed both front wheels (I got front tires only). Looks like they clamped them onto a machine to balance them and the clamps scratched the wheels all the way around? Anyway, the guy said it wasn't possible they did it (absolutely they did) but said he could get it out with scratch remover.

He removed not only the scratch but the clear coating and right down to the dark metal beneath. UGH.

They are sending Alloy Wheels out to redo both front wheels though so all's well as I had a scratch on one of the wheels that has been bothering me anyway and now they will be all perfect again. Does seem like these wheels scratch easily......
It is good to hear they came through in the end. I need to replace or repair one of my fronts. I just bought tires at the other Ina Discount Tire for both cars, they were good to deal with.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #7885
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:

Sorry to hear that Shayne, but glad that they are making it right.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #7886
TUCSONZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1-#132
COPO camaro

Are there any COPO camaros in Tucson?
TUCSONZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #7887
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCSONZL1 View Post
Are there any COPO camaros in Tucson?
Not that we're aware of. There's one owner in Phoenix though.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #7888
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Club Meeting this Thursday

Here's who I have so far for the meeting at Fuddruckers Thursday at 6:00;

14 cars, 20 people

FlynnAZ +1
BODIH +1
40Years +1
Copper3000 +1
Big Sis & Buckeye
RBWalters
Bill D
Tamaras2SS
No2Sno
Taintedveins
Reighard55
Sven59 +1
Eric A +1

Anyone else? Please let me know by Weds nite so I can confirm numbers.

Hope to see you there!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #7889
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:

Bonus! Now they'll be perfect.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #7890
WildcatSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Me, I'll be there. Just me and a slightly dirty car. Unless I can find time to wash tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Here's who I have so far for the meeting at Fuddruckers Thursday at 6:00;

14 cars, 20 people

FlynnAZ +1
BODIH +1
40Years +1
Copper3000 +1
Big Sis & Buckeye
RBWalters
Bill D
Tamaras2SS
No2Sno
Taintedveins
Reighard55
Sven59 +1
Eric A +1

Anyone else? Please let me know by Weds nite so I can confirm numbers.

Hope to see you there!
WildcatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #7891
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Update for this month's meeting;

14 Mar, 6PM, Fuddruckers 6118 E Speedway.

23 cars, 34 people

FlynnAZ +1
BODIH +1
40Years +1
Copper3000 +1
Big Sis & Buckeye
RBWalters
Bill D
Tamaras2SS
No2Sno
Taintedveins
Reighard55
Sven59 +1
Eric A +1
WildcatSS
CoyoteRiverRacing +1
Cyber-G Man +1
David B
Randy H +1
Jorge J (+1 w/Car?)
FastCam
AZAmazonQueen
Michelle W +1

Its going to be BIG!!!

Last edited by Bodih; 03-13-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #7892
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I am HOPING to be able to make it. Time will tell, of course; as always with me! Ha ha.

alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #7893
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by alab32 View Post
I am HOPING to be able to make it. Time will tell, of course; as always with me! Ha ha.
Tell the wife to come. I see her driving it more lately than you! LOL!

Sent by my 2SS IOM Camaro using Tapatalk2 (I had nothing to do with it!)

Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #7894
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Tell the wife to come. I see her driving it more lately than you! LOL!

Sent by my 2SS IOM Camaro using Tapatalk2 (I had nothing to do with it!)

Ha ha... thats because she was getting ready to leave. It will be back to me again. I guess you're stuck with the beast and none of the beauty. Well... the Camaro is a beauty but...

alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #7895
NO2SNO

Drives: 2012 1LT Convertible FUN in the SUN
Hello boys and girls. I'm looking forward to Thursday's meeting at Fuddruckers.

Lately my head is swimming with all the research (aka: excessive, compulsive, I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago... just more more web page search) about turning my non-RS into a Projector Headlight system with CCFL Halos, HID Kit (color 6000), smoked fog lights with upgraded bulbs to match HID bulbs.

Still trying to figure out what to do about my parking lights.
1) cut one of the wires on the bulb so it won't light up when the Halos are on
2) order a set Switchback bulbs, these will light up white to go along with the Halos and turn amber when putting on the blinker.

I've learned 3 things so far......from others that have the same passion

1) Quoted from someone else on this site: "Not everyone who drives a Camaro "gets it" but everyone who "gets it" drives a Camaro.
2) Another member imparted his wisdom about doing any and all mods. They NEVER cost more than $99,00. Good advise when telling the misses, after the package has arrived, what my next mod cost.
3) You don't have to to crazy to own on of these heart stopping machines, but it helps.

At the next mod day I will need some help from some smarter members (basically, anyone that shows up will be smarter than me) about wiring all this up.

Didn't mean to ramble on for so long. So until Thursday, fly under the radar. Plus, I still have at least one more website to visit tonight.

Gus
NO2SNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #7896
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO2SNO View Post
Hello boys and girls. I'm looking forward to Thursday's meeting at Fuddruckers.

Lately my head is swimming with all the research (aka: excessive, compulsive, I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago... just more more web page search) about turning my non-RS into a Projector Headlight system with CCFL Halos, HID Kit (color 6000), smoked fog lights with upgraded bulbs to match HID bulbs.

Still trying to figure out what to do about my parking lights.
1) cut one of the wires on the bulb so it won't light up when the Halos are on
2) order a set Switchback bulbs, these will light up white to go along with the Halos and turn amber when putting on the blinker.

I've learned 3 things so far......from others that have the same passion

1) Quoted from someone else on this site: "Not everyone who drives a Camaro "gets it" but everyone who "gets it" drives a Camaro.
2) Another member imparted his wisdom about doing any and all mods. They NEVER cost more than $99,00. Good advise when telling the misses, after the package has arrived, what my next mod cost.
3) You don't have to to crazy to own on of these heart stopping machines, but it helps.

At the next mod day I will need some help from some smarter members (basically, anyone that shows up will be smarter than me) about wiring all this up.

Didn't mean to ramble on for so long. So until Thursday, fly under the radar. Plus, I still have at least one more website to visit tonight.

Gus
Hu Gus,
You might want to try this website for some of your wiring harness needs.
WWW.gen5diy.com