Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
No HUD

I had an XLR-V with the HUD and I hated it! At night it was to bright for me even on the lowest setting. You could move it so it wasn't visible and that was the only was I could live with it. If it is offered as an option at least give us the option of turning it off.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Keep the center cluster! It pays a tribute to the 1st Gen. I would like to see a warning light on the dash for fuel, but onlt as an idiot light. I don't want to have an extra guage on the dash, it would break up the classic lines to much and make it look cheap. If you need to have everything right in front of your eyes so you can drive go buy the new Accord!
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
(cough)Malibu(cough)...

I hadn't thought of that with the HUD at night...And I didn't know you couldn't shut it off! :eek: Definitely give that option, please.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...And I didn't know you couldn't shut it off! :eek: Definitely give that option, please.
If HUD is offered, I would bet on you being able to turn it off. My brother has it on his C6, and it can be turned off.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham

Are you saying "It'll use the same HUD as the Corvette" if it's offered? or do you know something we don't...
Old 10-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #20
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Every car hud has an off feature.. its a safety thing..

I guess you never found that 69copo?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #21
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I had an XLR-V with the HUD and I hated it! At night it was to bright for me even on the lowest setting. You could move it so it wasn't visible and that was the only was I could live with it. If it is offered as an option at least give us the option of turning it off.
I was going to ask if HUD was something you could activate when you wanted, and keep off when you didn't. You just answered my question.

If it's like you're describing I definitely wouldn't want it. I think I'd find it very distracting if I couldn't turn it off.

EDIT- I read further posts stating it CAN be turned off. I'd consider it if that's the case.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #22
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This question was asked a while back...and not on the forums. An answer was given that it could be an option for a top end model. Nothing finite here...just that the technology was there, it is feasible, and could be an option (I'm sure for a pretty penny, though).

Let's not forget that we have another 1 1/2 years to go...approximately. There's A LOT that can happen between now and then...HUD and otherwise. I'd love to have HUD in my Camaro, but cost for the option would have to be worth it. I wouldn't pay $800 simply for a HUD unit. $250?...sure. Most likely, GM would offer it in a package deal...(gotta get the sunroof, sound system, racing package to get the HUD...and that's going to cost $4,000). I wish we could order one thing out of a "package deal" so we wouldn't have to spend big bucks for one option.
I've looked at the current line-up at GM, and they're realizing not everyone wants ALL of the options in just one or two packages. They're offering (especially in the 'vette) LT1 - LT4 packages.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #23
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
Keep the center cluster! It pays a tribute to the 1st Gen. I would like to see a warning light on the dash for fuel, but only as an idiot light. I don't want to have an extra guage on the dash, it would break up the classic lines to much and make it look cheap.
I've been looking at the cluster, and I'd like to see the gauges illuminated in blue. When the warning for fuel or temp activates, the appropriate gauge changes color to red. That's what I'd want to see for warning lights.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
I've been looking at the cluster, and I'd like to see the gauges illuminated in blue. When the warning for fuel or temp activates, the appropriate gauge changes color to red. That's what I'd want to see for warning lights.
That's a cool idea! really!

I wonder how feasable that would be...I mean the tech is there (i.e. Mustang color chooser) it'd just have to be implemented in a different way...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #25
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Yes, I also would want to see blue interior illumination. Even better, allow 10-20 color options like the new Mustangs. With many high-end stereos offering color customization settings, it would really make everything look nice. Also, the Auto Meter Cobalt gauges are blue, and I love 'em in my car!
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I've looked at the current line-up at GM, and they're realizing not everyone wants ALL of the options in just one or two packages. They're offering (especially in the 'vette) LT1 - LT4 packages.
I sure hope they do it seperately. I see GM making a lot more sales if they allow one item to be ordered vs a package deal. For example...my wife and I were looking at SUV's a while back and wanted a sunroof on one of the models. But, it was the "summertime" package (or something to that effect) which made the buyer get OnStar, Sunroof, Soundsystem, and something else. ...I think it was on the Tahoe that we were looking at. I mean...all we wanted was to add a sunroof...not tons of other stuff. That upped the price and made us continue to look elsewhere.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 AM   #27
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warghost View Post
Yes, I also would want to see blue interior illumination. Even better, allow 10-20 color options like the new Mustangs. With many high-end stereos offering color customization settings, it would really make everything look nice. Also, the Auto Meter Cobalt gauges are blue, and I love 'em in my car!
I'd like to see a number of color options. I have a VERY hard time focusing on most blue colored interiors and red is entirely too harsh on the eyes imo.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #28
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
HUD is something that is gonna be fun to try out. The ladies probably are gonna go gah gah over it like everything else about this car. I can totally picture a girl like amazed about where its coming from and feeling the winshield.
Everyone knows how it is when your car has something unique to it and non car people think that it makes the whole car better.
Kinda like push start. Its cool but not that cool but for non car people they think its so amazing.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote