Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #43
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
There was a GT500 driver who autocrossed with us. He wore a full race suit, and then pulled the car up afterwards RIGHT IN FRONT of the trophy ceramony (everyone else left their cars in the lot) and him and his two kids started WAXING it... hahaha...

Thats toolish and worthy of making fun of.

However, if you show your car, garage it, race it, or drive it as a DD, thats your call. As long as you didn't buy the money with my tax dollars, you can do what you want.

at the same time, I'd agree- whats the point of buying it if you won't race it? I guess thats like why the heck is my girlfriend wasting $80 on getting her hair done when no one but her cares? s ame thing... we all have different priorities in life, and we all just need to accept that we are all different!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #44
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
I'd love to hear people's experiences with those performance driving packages...the ones where you go out for a day and the folks teach you how to really handle the car. My fiancé owns an srt8 and would like to do this. Likewise, I'd love to once I own a zl1.
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #45
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I don't know if I would race it, with all the people in my area getting warranty blocks from GM spies at the drag strip.

If I did, it would be with no liscence plate on and a fake name on the slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #46
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I don't know if I would race it, with all the people in my area getting warranty blocks from GM spies at the drag strip.

If I did, it would be with no liscence plate on and a fake name on the slip
Seriously? Spies at the track? That seems a little far fetched sinch GM put launch control in it from the factory. What do they think launch control is for? I can't see a dealership going to that length to try to deny warranty claims. That might be a legal no-no.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #47
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I'm not on here to BS people, this has happened to a friend of mine, and a few other aquaintances of mine in our local Camaro club.

Do I think it is rediculous? Yes. Have I gotten a straight answer about what you can or can't do with this car from any GM representative? Nope. Not my dealer, not anyone from any call center, not anyone from this website.

All i get is a lot of maybe and depending on. I want a black and white "You can drag race" or "you can't drag race"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #48
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
Seriously? Spies at the track? That seems a little far fetched sinch GM put launch control in it from the factory. What do they think launch control is for? I can't see a dealership going to that length to try to deny warranty claims. That might be a legal no-no.
GM doesn't need to have spies at the track. With regard to modern vehicles, such as 5th Gen Camaros, as opposed to 1st Gen Camaros, GM can upload operating data from one's vehicle and analyze it to determine how the vehicle has been used.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #49
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
I have never made a pass down the strip in a car because I never had one worth taking to the track. I made a couple of passes down the strip on my Honda 750 way back when I was in my 20's.

Yes I am thinking I will make a couple of easy passes down the strip rolling through the gears, then when I get comfortable with the tree and the feel of the car, I will give it a hard shot off the line. If I hook then its all the way baby, if I dont hook then I will wait till I do, but that will probably be my final pass cause I think you get the boot with no roll cage if you are under 11.5.
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote