Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Possiblility of sightings this summer

Quote:
That said, I would suspect there to be a Camaro running around for hot weather testing here this summer. It's winter down under, and the car's going to need to be finalized before the summer of next year if it's going into production next winter.
from here post # 57

Looks like I am gonna have to start carrying my camera with me in the truck, the GM hot weather proving grounds is 2 blocks from my house.....
Old 07-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
sweet. I'm keeping my eyes peeled but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
isn't it up near wickenburg (sp)???? or is that someone else? i will be keeping my eyes open.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Nope don't know about that one, the GM one is just east of the Williams gateway airport, and Nissan is down near maricopa.

Edit - NM Here is a direct link link
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
If anyone here got pictures first before anyone else, we have to mark those bad boys w/ "CAMARO5.COM" !!!!!!! I don't know what I'd do if I saw the concept driving around. Wait...I know what I'd do. I'd start to follow it, get on the phone, call everyone else and constantly update the location so they could get there fast and see it too, get tons of pictures, and then I'd pull'em over w/ my police lights in my SS!!!
STOP! IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!!! "I'm sorry, sir. But, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the vehicle."
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

Seems's like Scott got a little peeved that these guys were calling him a liar - which the one dude was (or he wouldn't have kept saying the word). Heh, I'd believe him before anybody else...for all we know this guy could have been drunk and saw a C6 with black leather protection all over it... The C6 is similar in [rear] size to the concept.
I'm glad we are more educated here, then they are over there (it seems). And I'm flattered that we don't need FbodFathers humble guidance all the time. Though I wouldn't mind it....

Also, there was a guy who claimed to have seen the production model. My gut tells me he was telling the truth (not the whole truth, though)...
My gut has never lied to me...
Old 07-14-2007, 04:23 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Don't think he saw a Camaro mule. Think he saw something...for sure...like a Challenger. It was in passing that he saw it and it was on the hwy, so the mind can play tricks when emotions are heightened and you only catch a quick glimpse. You see how quick something can spiral out of control? It's nice to know what the deal is with that. And...I don't think they will be doing testing over here...just my guess. It sounds like the mules will be running around over in Aussie land....which sucks.

Let's not say anything about education levels and who is smarter. After reading their posts, I've found that there are a couple members there that are on our boards here....and they do know quite a lot about the Camaro. No, I'm not talking only about Scott. So, let's continue to respect our fellow enthusiats!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Seems's like Scott got a little peeved that these guys were calling him a liar - which the one dude was (or he wouldn't have kept saying the word). Heh, I'd believe him before anybody else...for all we know this guy could have been drunk and saw a C6 with black leather protection all over it... The C6 is similar in [rear] size to the concept.
I'm glad we are more educated here, then they are over there (it seems). And I'm flattered that we don't need FbodFathers humble guidance all the time. Though I wouldn't mind it....

Also, there was a guy who claimed to have seen the production model. My gut tells me he was telling the truth (not the whole truth, though)...
My gut has never lied to me...
Actually, there are a number of members on CZ28.com that have reliable sources. I'd say that site is just as informed as this one (and in some cases even more so since a few of it's members have driven the concept and took part in the Camaro 'Summit' a few weeks ago)...

That said, I belong to both sites myself. I was there first though.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

I agree ellwynx, I dont belong to both but i surf that board too for some of the tidbits of good info (like the reference i first posted), you just gotta sort through more useless/rediculous information there. Here we are more to the point and not overrun with questions on the stuff thats been hashed out for years.

Oh and the guy that claims to have seen the production version(not the guy about the one on the road), I wouldn't be surprised. There was a camaro summit where they flew a bunch of peeps to Michigan to do a question and answer session with them about production aspects, and they saw a lot more than what we have, they are just under an NDA.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham

:eek:OOH! No, no! I didn't mean it that way. It just seams that, well - diarmadhi said it better than I did (obviously) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
you just gotta sort through more useless/rediculous information there. Here we are more to the point and not overrun with questions on the stuff thats been hashed out for years.
We're a quieter site, CamaroZ28.com is the one that always pops up first on my google searches (you know). So to be here you really had to dig, which means your probably gonna come in here with a little more info on your belt than the Masses that sign up on CamaroZ28. I mean, heck, they've got over 70,000 members!!! and we've got...just over 1000, 75% of whom rarely post anyways.

I was in NO WAY calling them stupid, or us smarter. I would never do that, they're Camaro fans, how much smarter can you get?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I have to admit I check CZ28.com once in a while but I am not a member and most likely never will be… It’s a top notch site and there are many credible individuals posting. The sites major problem is the “KNOW IT ALLS” (as I like to call them) very rude, and very quick to flame newbie’s or anyone who does not have a vast knowledge on the thread's topic. In my opinion the site is very unfriendly… The few bad apples are defiantly spoiling the whole barrel…

I joined CAMARO5 because it’s fresh, small (for now), and has a very friendly atmosphere.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:21 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham

As for sightings this summer.... I don't think we'll be seeing any. GM'll be keeping it down under, or at Milford...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
I wouldn't count on it.......I would say sometime next year before we see them on the US highways.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
I wouldn't count on it.......I would say sometime next year before we see them on the US highways.
Any reason in particular why you think they might run them on the roads here? From last I heard...think it was in a mag (I know...I know...) but maybe could have been from somewhere else, weren't they building the first prototypes down in Australia as mules?