Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #43
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok. Break over. I didn't realy plan as well as I thought. the light in my garage was a bit insignificant. So I had to upgrade. lol
Old 01-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #44
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. Break over. I didn't realy plan as well as I thought. the light in my garage was a bit insignificant. So I had to upgrade. lol
Hope you are having fun. I spent the entire week prior to my install cleaning up and organizing my garage so I could work in a clean environment. Funny that you mentioned the lap top, I had my lap top in the garage so I could send out help messages as I was installing mine.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #45
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Hope you are having fun. I spent the entire week prior to my install cleaning up and organizing my garage so I could work in a clean environment. Funny that you mentioned the lap top, I had my lap top in the garage so I could send out help messages as I was installing mine.
I can relate! I couldn't get my harmonic bolt off....not enough air...i spent an hour on C5 at my work bench reading looking for help....finally came across the bump start method of loosing the bolt.....

btw....it works well! scary but it does work...

Quote:
it is dark under the hood of a black car!! found out the hard way also!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #46
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
Catch can installation

You will need about 8 feet of rubber hose that can handle oil. Hose cutters and about 15 minutes to spare. You will be removing the hose between the two locations in the pictures and routing the hoses accordingly. Transmission line works but, it has to be the same size hose that came with your catch can. Any local parts store should be able to help you out.

Your inlet hose will attach to the valve cover at the back where the barb comes up on the right hand side.

Your outlet hose will attach to the barb located on the supercharger here:

Where you place the catch can is up to you. Good luck
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #47
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
My dogs loved the radiator fluid. I guess they just wanted something different.
Ha, that's funny. You really have to watch it. Dogs love Ethylene Glycol (Dexcool not so much) because it is sweet but will kill them fast. :(

Years ago we used to have to watch one of my parents dogs (a completely retarded English Setter) because she always was going for spilled anti-freeze when we were working on my friends "street" cars. It was so bad that she would go lay in an anti-freeze slick and then try to lick herself. What a damn drug addict. Had to hose her off so she wouldn't poison herself...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #48
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ha, that's funny. You really have to watch it. Dogs love Ethylene Glycol (Dexcool not so much) because it is sweet but will kill them fast. :(

Years ago we used to have to watch one of my parents dogs (a completely retarded English Setter) because she always was going for spilled anti-freeze when we were working on my friends "street" cars. It was so bad that she would go lay in an anti-freeze slick and then try to lick herself. What a damn drug addict. Had to hose her off so she wouldn't poison herself...
watch your dog around that stuff, mr parents had a dog die because it got into a spare bottle. They like the sweet taste and I bet that Dex Cool must be even better because of the price we pay for it.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #49
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
I can relate! I couldn't get my harmonic bolt off....not enough air...i spent an hour on C5 at my work bench reading looking for help....finally came across the bump start method of loosing the bolt.....

btw....it works well! scary but it does work...

it is dark under the hood of a black car!! found out the hard way also!
I thought about that method, glad I didn't have to. Hope you disconnected the coils or a fuse pull when you did it since these cars are setup to start on one turn of the key. How did you torque it back on? I couldn't get it completely to the spec so I'm keeping an eye on it.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #50
GJG

Quote:
I thought about that method, glad I didn't have to. Hope you disconnected the coils or a fuse pull when you did it since these cars are setup to start on one turn of the key. How did you torque it back on? I couldn't get it completely to the spec so I'm keeping an eye on it.
unplugged all the plug wires so i was thinkin ahead there, but......did you know that a disconnected fuel line will shoot gasoline up in a beautiful 2 1/2 ft arc and splash squarely on the valley cover???:yike s:

I also used the I couldn't get it completely to the spec so I'm keeping an eye on it. method..... i got 3/4's of the 140 degrees

Last edited by GJG; 01-02-2011 at 08:31 PM.
GJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #51
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Gotthat02fire and a few others told me about the brass plug, installing the hoses on the SC before installing, and to turn the intercooler Heat exchanger hoses to the rear of the car. And knuckle blood works as good as loctite. The bolt on the crank pulley required me to put all 225 lbs of baby fat on the breaker bar to get it loose (and about an hour of alternating between the impact wrench and breaker bar). I did buy a nice Craftsman right angle electric drill (19v) that worked great. As the day wore on I had an ever increasing number of helpers as the neighborhood teenagers became aware of what was happening. Used lifting straps to lift the SC in place and they worked well. Good luck have fun, you'll be making tire smoke before you know. Taking mine in for a dyno-tune later this month, to complete my journey to the dark side...
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #52
PQ
Booooosted.

Ok. I am going to pull the manifold now. But I am stuck. I don't have the fuel line tool that comes with the kit.

I tried to improvise to no avail. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

My dad had his dog get into anti-freeze. He said it was one of the most painful things to see. He didn't realize it til it was too late.

Of course I was joking. I hosed off the driveway to wash any away and dilute it as well.

Quote:
Ok, well here's my first . Fuel line too.

Quote:
....it is dark under the hood of a black car!! found out the hard way also!

Garage light upgrade and still pretty dark. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
...... knuckle blood works as good as loctite.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #53
GJG

hmmmmm.......2 or three straight micro screw divers????.....the fuel line end requires you to push your tool up and there won't be much room for 2 hands down there.....work the intake end first....you can get a tool for the other end later.....
Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #54
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
hmmmmm.......2 or three straight micro screw divers????.....the fuel line end requires you to push your tool up and there won't be much room for 2 hands down there.....work the intake end first....you can get a tool for the other end later.....
Ok. So it won't hurt anytning to leave the fuel line hooked up while I continue then?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #55
GJG

....shouldn't hurt a thing?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #56
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Done yet?
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote