Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #29
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS426 View Post
I know the feeling, My first car was a 92 astro van when I was 16 with like 180k, now I am driving a 92 caprice classic... I can't wait for some muscle. This one is long over due for me. This one will have more horse power then those two combined
At least you have an LT1 Caprice, correct? You can lay the hammer down on that one and cruise.

The Exploder can't lay the hammer down to save it's life. And frankly, it's annoying the heck out of me.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #30
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
its a 5L with 180k miles, the only hammer left is in the trunk with my other tools, but she still runs and I still love her.
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #31
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
At least you have an LT1 Caprice, correct? You can lay the hammer down on that one and cruise.

The Exploder can't lay the hammer down to save it's life. And frankly, it's annoying the heck out of me.
BTW I love that song... My friend forwarded it to me and I listen to it just about every day... I got my flippy Floppies...
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #32
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I won't be ordering until at least February, and that depends heavily on my contact up north.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #33
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
I'll share an anecdote with you to get you even more anxious. I was going to a festival with my brother over the weekend in his 5th gen, and there was one parking spot left in a parking lot close to it, a minivan pulled in, and the man working at the lot (collecting money) made the toyota minivan leave so we could take the last spot. He was taking pictures of the camaro. So many stories like that, but I didn't know where to post it :p
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Man concentrate on the school, then work your ass off. All of the finer things in life are worth the hard work but take your time, and pay your dues.
I did about 20 years of 12 hour days seven days a week. Now I have my own business, actually work more now. Now finally I can enjoy a few of the finer things in life. Also avoid the credit traps, the hell with working for a bank.
I will also tell you later you will look back on all of this and realize these were pretty good times. Funny that way, but everything always works out for the best. It is only down the road we can see this.
Good luck and hang in there!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #35
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Man concentrate on the school, then work your ass off. All of the finer things in life are worth the hard work but take your time, and pay your dues.
I did about 20 years of 12 hour days seven days a week. Now I have my own business, actually work more now. Now finally I can enjoy a few of the finer things in life. Also avoid the credit traps, the hell with working for a bank.
I will also tell you later you will look back on all of this and realize these were pretty good times. Funny that way, but everything always works out for the best. It is only down the road we can see this.
Good luck and hang in there!
Schools almost done, so soon it will be student loans handing out the vaseline.

But again thanks for the support. After posting this I wasn't expecting this kind of support, but I'm glad and grateful.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #36
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Schools almost done, so soon it will be student loans handing out the vaseline.

But again thanks for the support. After posting this I wasn't expecting this kind of support, but I'm glad and grateful.
You want some muscle I have a 05 GTO thats just sitting around collecting dust now, or you can come get my 03 Porsche Carrera. I'm just saying, if you want one

Be patient and most important finish school first before jumping into a 40,000 car, gosh maybe if you went to Central Michigan instead of being on the westside of the state you would have your act together hahaha j/k
Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #37
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
I feel your pain! I know my sig says I ordered May 27th, but that's the date that I paid the deposit to my dealership. Due to allocation, my order hasn't actually been placed with GM, so I am also missing muscle. Sold my 98 Z28 about a year ago and the only muscle I get now is from going to the gym...LOL.

It's so bad, I almost considered buying (gulp) a Nissan 370Z. My uncle is the internet mgr at a Nissan dealer here and I get great deals on Nissans. He has been urging me to drop the Camaro order and jump in a Z. Although tempted, I just can't do it. Granted, the 1/4, 0-60 acceleration, and 100-0 braking tests are within a 1/10 or so of the Camaro (and that's a 330hp V6 vs a 426hp V8), but I just don't consider the Z a muscle car. Even with exhaust...it just doesn't call out to me like the rumble of the Camaro. Not to mention that even before the redesigned 370Z (which is smaller in just about every dimension over the predecessor) I could barely wedge my 6ft 2in 250lb frame inside the thing without feeling clostrophobic! Then there is NO backseat! Granted, the Camaro rear seat is not meant for full size passengers, but my 10 year old boy will be just fine back there for a few years to come if the wife decides to tag along on a cruise or two.

All that said, just be patient and don't so anything that you may regret or just for instant gratification. Some things are simply worth waiting for....
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #38
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by navmaxlp View Post
My advice for you; get one before the wedding if you can. Once you take the plunge, buying a car will be a group decision and all group decisions will be subject to veto by the wife. It's taken a while for my wife to not throw something at me at the mention of the camaro but, she's beginning to come around. She even admits she loves the car. We're looking at having children soon and the idea of a two door car baffles her with that in mind. Luckily for me GM threw the child seat restraints in there. This does wonders for those "but we're going to have a child soon" conversations.

I am in the same boat as you guys though. I bought a car a couple of years ago and still owe around 10 grand on it. I drive about an hour to work each way and now have over 80,000 miles on the car. The transmission is starting to go on it as well. I fear that if we have to get the tranny replaced, and end up spending over a thousand or so on it, it'll be at least another year or two before I can even think of getting one of these beauties. It's torture I know but in the end, it'll be worth it.

And by the way, I just got back from Youngstown, OH. On the way I saw a camaro and nearly ran off the road while craning my neck to see it going the other way on 76. Then, just as we are about to leave, my wife wants to get a bite to eat with her parents. Loving me as she does and knowing how much I like wings, we go to Quaker Steak and Lube (great wings place but watch the atomic ones) and as we are sitting there the place loads up with classic cars. On the way out, what's parked three spots from our car? A 2010 Camaro SS/RS in black. It was beautiful. And yes, there was a larger crowd around it than there was around any other car in the lot. That's saying something considering the cars that were there. It made my heart ache to see this thing sitting there. Jealousy coursed through my veins and there was an illogical yearning for something terrible to happen to it's owner. But then I made some quick conversation with the guy and a calm overcame me. The pride and contentment he felt was obvious and I knew then that, once I was an owner of one of these fine vehicles, I would feel the same way. It's just going to take some time. And when I am feeling that and the newness of the car is still as fresh as the new car smell, I'll feel that pride and contentment as well.
You are not the first one to tell me that. lol. I am hoping i will be ready by the end of the year, and i won't be getting married until oct. 2010, so i have a little while. She likes the idea of the camaro, but she wants me to wait to get one until AFTER the wedding, which i'm not to keen on. Once you get tied down, and have kids, its pretty much not going to happen until later in life (my dad told me that lol), so i want to get one soon. Just keep the faith, and work hard, good things happen to good, hardworking people.

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #39
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
You want some muscle I have a 05 GTO thats just sitting around collecting dust now, or you can come get my 03 Porsche Carrera. I'm just saying, if you want one

Be patient and most important finish school first before jumping into a 40,000 car, gosh maybe if you went to Central Michigan instead of being on the westside of the state you would have your act together hahaha j/k
Eastside Commie pig..

But if you're GIVING away that GTO.. I think I can make the jump up to Mt. Pleasant.

I plan, though, on just spanning the payments 72 and paying it off as I go. It's going to be my car and with the way things are shaping up..coupes are going to be a staple of my garage post grad. Not Kids..
Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #40
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
When I first read this title, I thought it said "A life without vehicular manslaughter (The Wait is Killing Me)"
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #41
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
When I first read this title, I thought it said "A life without vehicular manslaughter (The Wait is Killing Me)"
...Needs moar Anarchy.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #42
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Rawr.. bump. Fear my plight! FEAR IT!!.. <_<