Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey View Post
Are you kidding me? If the hard top version isn't offered without the sunroof/moonroof abortion, I wouldn't buy one. That belongs on a Nissan, not a Camaro. This thing just keeps going downhill, from the release date to the design/production compromises.

I'm as big of a Camaro fan as anybody else out there. I have two 69s, a 71, and a 73. I've owned at least one Camaro at all times since I bought my 74 Z/28 when I was 16. I also own a 71 Corvette and an 07 2500 4WD Duramax, and I've owned 5 other Chevy or GMC trucks. I've never owned a Chrysler product, but every time new info comes out on the Camaro that I've been patiently waiting for for years, I'm more tempted to wander across the street and put in my order for a Challenger. When are we going to hear something about the new Camaro that meets or exceeds our expectations?
I think your getting worked up over nothing. When has any car, (besides the expensive luxury cars) had a Sun/moonroof standard and the only choice? And as for it not belonging on a Camaro - I'd have to say that you'll find a very many people would like a Sunroof on their Camaro!!

"When are we going to hear something about the new Camaro that meets or exceeds our expectations?"

I'm not sure who the 'our' is you're speaking for...but it certainly exceeded MY expectations! Just remember it's not done, yet.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #58
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
Actually, I've seen rear bumper covers like that on quite a few GM cars.

And as far as the vents....how can you say these look cut-out?
What do you mean how can I say those look cut out? Can you get a visual of the base of the groove? I can't. I'm just stating they appear to be way too deep to not be cut out. The car is white, so it's difficult to tell. GM is very proud of this car and the last thing they want to do is disappoint their customer base. As far as the bumper covers go, tell me which GM cars you've seen the cut outs on. Nearly every bumper cover I've taken off has two tiny holes. They are only large enough for screws. The only ones I've seen with any more than that are those with a license plate bracket. They typically have four holes filled with bolt anchors. Besides, it's all speculation. We won't know until we have a decent front end shot. I'd also like to state, it's not difficult for GM to stamp out a quarter panel with three cut out vents in the side. It'll cost the same amount for them either way, so why the hell not?
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #59
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
You can't offer a car like this without a moonroof as an option.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #60
smike07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think your getting worked up over nothing. When has any car, (besides the expensive luxury cars) had a Sun/moonroof standard and the only choice? And as for it not belonging on a Camaro - I'd have to say that you'll find a very many people would like a Sunroof on their Camaro!!

"When are we going to hear something about the new Camaro that meets or exceeds our expectations?"

I'm not sure who the 'our' is you're speaking for...but it certainly exceeded MY expectations! Just remember it's not done, yet.
Not only that, GM does take risks. For instance, Corvettes have always had mechanical headlight covers, when you look at their '05 and later models you'll note they are no longer motorized or covered. They look fine to me. A Camaro with a moon roof option is more updated. I like it. If it is standard (which is doubtful), I would imagine the majority of their loyal Camaro buyers would accept, and like it just as Corvette enthusiasts did with their new headlights. Of course, you can't make everyone happy.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #61
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
ooh yesss, made my Day :-D can't wait to see more THanks GM!

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #62
smike07

do it yourself!

Don't be afraid of what comes down the assembly line. For instance, if the quarter vents aren't cut out, just pay a couple of hundred bucks to get a trustworthy body man to do it, or if you're good enough, do it yourself. If the rims aren't big enough, go get some that are. If the power is too low, slap some performance parts on her. If the hood cowl is too small, get a hood with a bigger one on it. If the car is too heavy, take some stuff off, or replace a couple of things with carbon fiber. This is to be an affordable, high performance vehicle. If you want more, pay for more. It will be available. Do you really think after market companies are going to miss such a wonderful opportunity to make a bundle of cash? I'd also like to say,the concept will look a bit different than the production version. For aerodynamic purposes, GM must change the body a bit. The car will not perform the way it is intended if it does not have the ability to cut through the air at higher speeds. I know I'll like it. I can already see that. As for the fuel door, whatever. Sure I like it, but it won't affect me too much. It's not a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #63
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Quote:
Are you kidding me? If the hard top version isn't offered without the sunroof/moonroof abortion, I wouldn't buy one. When are we going to hear something about the new Camaro that meets or exceeds our expectations?
In your first sentence, are you saying that you do not want the Camaro if it will come with a sunroof? Or are you saying you WON'T get a Camaro unless it comes with a sunroof.

Please be patient and remember that it is best that Chevy does not show all it's cards right now at this moment. They are letting you have a very good look at a Camaro.

Please read this message from someone inside GM if you haven't already --> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2446

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 01-11-2008 at 10:08 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #64
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
this picture has been a tease to me. the angle of the pic hides so much of the car. for me the pick makes the car look really "thin" but i know that it will be at least like 78 inches wide....which i love. I love wide stances.

I looked it up in the Criminal and Motor Vehicle Handbook and found that all lights on the vehicle must be visible from 500 feet with the exception of license plate lights which must be able to illuminate the number plate of the vehicle to be seen from 50 feet away. so unless the reverse lights are really bright, i dont see how they can be that thin.

the car definatley will need bigger tires!

and one more thing, i dont see a key hole for the trunk. obvioulsy, i know that there will be a latch for it in the car and also in the keyless, but just wanted to point it out. will they put a key hole?

i cant wait to see it done!!!!!
mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #65
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
Don't be afraid of what comes down the assembly line. For instance, if the quarter vents aren't cut out, just pay a couple of hundred bucks to get a trustworthy body man to do it, or if you're good enough, do it yourself. If the rims aren't big enough, go get some that are. If the power is too low, slap some performance parts on her. If the hood cowl is too small, get a hood with a bigger one on it. If the car is too heavy, take some stuff off, or replace a couple of things with carbon fiber. This is to be an affordable, high performance vehicle. If you want more, pay for more. It will be available. Do you really think after market companies are going to miss such a wonderful opportunity to make a bundle of cash? I'd also like to say,the concept will look a bit different than the production version. For aerodynamic purposes, GM must change the body a bit. The car will not perform the way it is intended if it does not have the ability to cut through the air at higher speeds. I know I'll like it. I can already see that. As for the fuel door, whatever. Sure I like it, but it won't affect me too much. It's not a deal breaker for me.
When I saw 'Do it yourself' I thought of this picture
Attached Images

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #66
Jamey

Drives: Blue 1969 w/ 850 hp 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
In your first sentence, are you saying that you do not want the Camaro if it will come with a sunroof? Or are you saying you WON'T get a Camaro unless it comes with a sunroof.

Please be patient and remember that it is best that Chevy does not show all it's cards right now at this moment. They are letting you have a very good look at a Camaro V6.

Please read this message from someone inside GM if you haven't already --> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2446
What I was saying is that I would not buy a hardtop Camaro with a sunroof/moonroof.
Jamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #67
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
Quote:
What I was saying is that I would not buy a hardtop Camaro with a sunroof/moonroof.
you know as well as everyone does that a sunroof will NOT be standard! so if you dont want one, you dont have to have one.
mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #68
smike07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The only thing I'd change on that one is the front end ground effects. The freight train style doesn't do it for me. Maybe the side view mirrors as well. I like the thinner ones a lot more. The rear end is way out of proportion as well. He needed to widen the base and rear of the quarter panels to make it more even. Whoever did that job did a pretty decent conversion from a '69 to an '09. Personally I would have kept her more original. To each their own, I suppose.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #69
bigralph

Drives: 2001 v6 Camaro
I'm in love and I can't wait to have one park next to my 01 v6 Camaro . I have question for you guys. Do guys ever think is might be the high performs V6. Think about. Call me crazy but the more I look at this picture the more it feels like a V6. Remembers the 01-02 RS that had a duel exhaust system from SLP. Look at the back of the picture. The exhaust tips they are not that big, no spoiler, maybe the break light is located in the real window, 17" 18" rims, no top side gas cap, and it looks a little plain to me. Don't get me wrong, but it looks beautiful . I don't think GM is that stupid to unveil the V8 version to public and it's competitors. Also why GM is only leaking side views pictures. Were is the front pictures. Maybe when see the front we will determen that is a V6 instead of a V8.
bigralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #70
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Whoa?!?!?! I don't know about that.... It's like two great things came together to make......ummm...well...
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote